College of Eastern Idaho
Tel: (208) 535-00000000
- College of Eastern Idaho (CEI, formerly EITC) is Idaho`s newest comprehensive community college. The new College now offers associate of arts and science degrees with transferable general education credits. Another new opportunity is Early College Programs for high school students. CEI continues to be accredited by the Northwest Commission on Colleges and Universities.
The teacher population of 100 teachers has grown by 38% over five years.
|College of Eastern Idaho||(ID) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||Less than 2 yrs||Four or more years|
|Total Faculty||100 staff||265 staff|
Source: 2019 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- College of Eastern Idaho (CEI, formerly EITC) is Idaho`s newest comprehensive community college. The new College now offers associate of arts and science degrees with transferable general education credits. Another new opportunity is Early College Programs for high school students. CEI continues to be accredited by the Northwest Commission on Colleges and Universities. The College was created in 1969 to serve citizens in its nine county service area by being a minimal cost, open-door institution that champions technical programs, customized industry training, basic skills instruction, workforce and community education, and on-line distance education. Our mission is to provide open-access and quality education that meets the needs of students, regional employers, and community.College of Eastern Idaho admits students regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or any other classification protected by federal or state law or local ordinance.
- CEI is located in Idaho Falls, at the heart of the Snake River Valley in eastern Idaho. The diverse climate and location provide for a variety of outdoor recreation activities including camping, hunting, fishing, mountain biking, hiking, skiing, and many more. Idaho Falls is a tight-knit community that thrives because of the caring, hard-working people that live in this area. At CEI we take great pride in our college. Classrooms and labs are modern and well designed with the equipment and technology required of a comprehensive community college. We are proud of the many support services that are available to students and prospective students. These services include a modern library, the College & Career Readiness center, special student services, counseling, financial aid, and employment placement. We are equally proud of our well qualified, student-oriented faculty and staff. Student success is our priority. The CEI Foundation (CEIF) was founded in 1992. Business and community leaders joined together to help meet the expanding needs of the CEI campus in Idaho Falls.
The nearest community college to College of Eastern Idaho is Brigham Young University-Idaho (24.9 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 42,341 students | 24.90 Mi525 S Center
Rexburg,  ID  83460
(208) 496-1411 24.9042,341
- 61 students | 122.40 Mi755 S Main St
Logan,  UT  84321
(435) 793-00000000 122.4061
- 27,932 students | 127.50 MiOld Main Hill
Logan,  UT  84322
(435) 797-1000 127.5027,932
- 7,585 students | 140.60 Mi315 Falls Ave.
Twin Falls,  ID  83301
(208) 733-9554 140.607,585
- 136 students | 166.70 Mi915 N 400 W
Layton,  UT  84041
(801) 546-7500 166.70136
Learn about how the community college tuition hikes in the next year may be greater than the rate of inflation.
In light of the huge budget cuts facing California community colleges, class rationing is now on the table as one option to help schools stay in the black. Is it right, fair or even practical? We’ll explore the issue.
Learn about how some convicted criminals abused community colleges' financial aid programs and why Congress has decided to prohibit criminals from being eligible for future aid.