City Colleges of Chicago-Kennedy-King College
- Kennedy King College is dedicated to providing high quality, comprehensive, accessible education and training opportunities that respond to changing community needs and that enables individuals to reach their full potential and successfully compete in the global marketplace.
The teacher population of 133 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|City Colleges of Chicago-Kennedy-King College||(IL) Community College Avg.|
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Total Faculty||133 staff||124 staff|
Source: 2019 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- Kennedy-King College, formerly known as Woodrow Wilson Junior College, was established in the fall of 1935 at 6800 South Stewart Street as one of three colleges in the Junior College System of the City of Chicago operated by the Chicago Board of Education. In July 1969, the name of the college was officially changed from Woodrow Wilson Junior College to Kennedy-King College in honor of Robert F. Kennedy and Martin Luther King, Jr. Kennedy King College is dedicated to providing high quality, comprehensive, accessible education and training opportunities that respond to changing community needs and that enables individuals to reach their full potential and successfully compete in the global marketplace. Kennedy-King College is situated on an eighteen acre campus. The multi level educational complex spanning Wentworth Avenue was completed in 1972. In addition to classrooms; our facility has two gymnasiums, a day care center: a theatre, swimming pool, television studio and radio station WKKC FM. There is also a library with over 50,000 books and micro films, a spacious Academic Support Center; food service areas, and numerous laboratories such as the ones used by the automotive technology and photo offset printing departments. Some of the services that students may find helpful in planning their futures include orientation programs, financial aid, placement testing, academic advising, admissions, career guidance, college credit through examination, services for disabled students, veterans affairs, child care, and student organizations. If these services interest you, come to Kennedy-King College and take advantage of a college dedicated to serving your needs. Kennedy King College is accredited by the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools and approved by the Illinois Community College Board and the Illinois Office of Education, Department of Adult, Vocational, and Technical Education.
The nearest community college to City Colleges of Chicago-Kennedy-King College is Toyota Technological Institute at Chicago (2.7 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 35 students | 2.70 Mi6045 S. Kenwood Avenue
Chicago,  IL  60637
(773) 834-2500 2.7035
- 6,942 students | 4.30 Mi7500 S Pulaski Rd
Chicago,  IL  60652
(773) 838-7500 4.306,942
- 443 students | 5.20 Mi6640 S. Cicero
Bedford Park,  IL  60638
(708) 444-4500 5.20443
- 2,663 students | 5.60 Mi10001 S Woodlawn Ave
Chicago,  IL  60628
(773) 291-6100 5.602,663
- 394 students | 6.40 Mi816 S Michigan Ave
Chicago,  IL  60605
(312) 939-0111 6.40394
College is expensive enough without the added cost of medical school on top of it. If you're on a pre-med track, consider taking some of your prerequisites at community college. Keep reading to learn more.
Can pre-teens enroll in community college? A 12-year-old in Florida recently went to court when the local community college wouldn’t allow her to dual-enroll because she was too young. In California, a child prodigy is about to graduate from UCLA after starting at community college at the age of eight.
Explore a proposal by the governor of Massachusetts to coordinate the state’s 15 community colleges. There are strong feelings on both sides of the issue to consider.