- The mission of Olive-Harvey College is to provide students with a quality education.
City Colleges of Chicago-Olive-Harvey College serves 1,955 students (38% of students are full-time).
The college's student:teacher ratio of 8:1 is lower than the state community college average of 12:1.
Minority enrollment is 96% of the student body (majority Black), which is more than the state average of 47%.
- Enrollment: 1,955 students
- In-state tuition: $6,460
- Out-state tuition: $7,891
- Student:teacher ratio: 8:1
- Minority enrollment: 96%
- Source: Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS)
The teacher population of 255 teachers has grown by 162% over five years.
City Colleges of Chicago-Olive-Harvey College
(IL) Community College Avg.
Less than 2 yrs
At least 2 but less than 4 years
The student population of City Colleges of Chicago-Olive-Harvey College has declined by 32% over five years.
The student:teacher ratio of 8:1 has decreased from 9:1 over five years.
The City Colleges of Chicago-Olive-Harvey College diversity score of 0.42 is less than the state average of 0.64. The school's diversity has declined by 9% over five years.
Student : Teacher Ratio
# Full-Time Students
# Part-Time Students
# Enrollment Undergraduate
# Full-Time Undergraduate Students
# Full-Time Graduate Students
# Part-Time Undergraduate Students
# Part-Time Graduate Students
Total Dormitory Capacity
% Two or more races
% Non Resident races
% Unknown races
College Completion Rate (Students who graduate in less than 4 years)
College Completion Rate (Students who graduate in 4 years or more than 4 years)
Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
The public in-state tuition of $6,460 is less than the state average of $8,163. The in-state tuition has declined by 20% over four years.
The public out-state tuition of $7,891 is less than the state average of $10,824. The out-state tuition has declined by 33% over four years.
In-State Tuition Fees
Out-State Tuition Fees
% Students Receiving Some Financial Aid
Median Debt for Graduates
Median Debt for Dropouts
Source: 2021 (or latest year available) Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS)
- Olive-Harvey College was formed in the fall of 1970 as a result of the merger of two City Colleges of Chicago: the Southeast College, founded in 1957, and Fenger, founded in 1958. These two Colleges had been operating separately, with different faculties, administrations, student populations, educational philosophies, and purpose. Olive-Harvey College has been located at its present 67-acre campus since its inception. Initially, it was housed in a set of nine prefabricated, steel structures. In 1981 the College moved most of its operations to a newly constructed main building, with ample space, equipment, laboratories and other facilities. In the Spring of 1988, the physical facilities expanded with construction a satellite facility, the South Chicago Campus on 92nd Street between Baltimore and Houston, in the far east of the College's service area. Olive-Harvey College is accredited by the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools , Commission on Institutions of Higher Education.
Frequently Asked Questions
How much does City Colleges of Chicago-Olive-Harvey College cost?
City Colleges of Chicago-Olive-Harvey College's tuition is approximately $6,460 for In-State students and $7,891 for Out-State students.
Simple Mistakes Cost Community College Students Millions
Are you receiving the full financial aid you should? The process of applying for financial aid can be both time-consuming and confusing, especially for first-time college students. Learn about common errors to avoid in order to maximize your financial aid opportunities.
OSHA Training at Community College: Making Workplace Safety Easier
Businesses and prospective employees need to look no further than community colleges for valuable, certified, and affordable OSHA training.
Careers: Smart Grid Tecnology
The "smart grid" presents a myriad of opportunities for green collar jobs. Learn about the job prospects in the industry and how your local community college can provide you with the training to capitalize on this growing industry.