City Colleges of Chicago-Olive-Harvey College
- The teacher population of 97 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|City Colleges of Chicago-Olive-Harvey College||(IL) Community College Avg.|
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Total Faculty||97 staff||123 staff|
|Total Enrollment||4,572 students||3,999 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||47:1||35:1|
|# Full-Time Students||1,959 students||1,386 students|
|# Part-Time Students||2,613 students||2,613 students|
|% Unknown races|
|College Completion Rate|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$27,700||$31,800|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- Olive-Harvey College was formed in the fall of 1970 as a result of the merger of two City Colleges of Chicago: the Southeast College, founded in 1957, and Fenger, founded in 1958. These two Colleges had been operating separately, with different faculties, administrations, student populations, educational philosophies, and purpose. Olive-Harvey College has been located at its present 67-acre campus since its inception. Initially, it was housed in a set of nine prefabricated, steel structures. In 1981 the College moved most of its operations to a newly constructed main building, with ample space, equipment, laboratories and other facilities. In the Spring of 1988, the physical facilities expanded with construction a satellite facility, the South Chicago Campus on 92nd Street between Baltimore and Houston, in the far east of the College's service area. Olive-Harvey College is accredited by the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools , Commission on Institutions of Higher Education.
- The nearest community college to City Colleges of Chicago-Olive-Harvey College is Toyota Technological Institute at Chicago (4.9 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 14 students | 4.90 Mi6045 S. Kenwood Ave.
Chicago,  IL  60637
- 5,313 students | 5.30 Mi6301 S Halsted St
Chicago,  IL  60621
- 8,914 students | 7.50 Mi7500 S Pulaski Rd
Chicago,  IL  60652
- 4,329 students | 7.60 Mi15800 South State Street
South Holland,  IL  60473
- 360 students | 8.90 Mi6640 S. Cicero
Chicago,  IL  60638
Learn about the free and reduced-fee tuition offered at many community colleges, who are hoping to help unemployed individuals advance their job skills to re-enter into the workforce.
Living with roommates is part of an authentic college experience, but is it an option for community college students? Read on to learn about housing options in community college and to learn how to survive the year with roommates.
Some people seem to graduate high school but never really leave the academic world behind. No matter what career you pursue, there are plenty of opportunities for higher education, but are they worth it. Read on to learn about graduate degrees in nursing and whether they are worth the time, cost, and effort.