City Colleges of Chicago-Olive-Harvey College
- The teacher population of 97 teachers has declined by 14% over five years.
|City Colleges of Chicago-Olive-Harvey College||(IL) Community College Avg.|
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Total Faculty||97 staff||123 staff|
|Total Enrollment||4,572 students||3,999 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||47:1||35:1|
|# Full-Time Students||1,959 students||1,386 students|
|# Part-Time Students||2,613 students||2,613 students|
|% Unknown races|
|College Completion Rate|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$27,700||$32,200|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- Olive-Harvey College was formed in the fall of 1970 as a result of the merger of two City Colleges of Chicago: the Southeast College, founded in 1957, and Fenger, founded in 1958. These two Colleges had been operating separately, with different faculties, administrations, student populations, educational philosophies, and purpose. Olive-Harvey College has been located at its present 67-acre campus since its inception. Initially, it was housed in a set of nine prefabricated, steel structures. In 1981 the College moved most of its operations to a newly constructed main building, with ample space, equipment, laboratories and other facilities. In the Spring of 1988, the physical facilities expanded with construction a satellite facility, the South Chicago Campus on 92nd Street between Baltimore and Houston, in the far east of the College's service area. Olive-Harvey College is accredited by the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools , Commission on Institutions of Higher Education.
- College Location Mi. Students
- 14 students | 4.90 Mi6045 S. Kenwood Ave.
Chicago,  IL  60637
- 5,313 students | 5.30 Mi6301 S Halsted St
Chicago,  IL  60621
- 8,914 students | 7.50 Mi7500 S Pulaski Rd
Chicago,  IL  60652
- 4,329 students | 7.60 Mi15800 South State Street
South Holland,  IL  60473
- 360 students | 8.90 Mi6640 S. Cicero
Chicago,  IL  60638
August 09, 2018
Learn about why more students are attending community college classes with their parents.
July 16, 2018
Online courses are an affordable and convenient alternative to attending a traditional university. With the advent of the first all-online community college in California, the world of community college is changing and changing quickly. Keep reading to learn more.
July 11, 2018
Read on to learn the ins and outs of crafting the perfect college application essay.