City Colleges of Chicago-Olive-Harvey College
- The teacher population of 97 teachers has declined by 10% over five years.
|City Colleges of Chicago-Olive-Harvey College||(IL) Community College Avg.|
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Total Faculty||97 staff||123 staff|
|Total Enrollment||4,572 students||3,818 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||47:1||36:1|
|# Full-Time Students||1,959 students||1,205 students|
|# Part-Time Students||2,613 students||2,613 students|
|% Unknown races|
|Diversity ScoreThe chance that two students selected at random would be members of a different ethnic group. Scored from 0 to 1, a diversity score closer to 1 indicates a more diverse student body.||0.73||0.58|
|College Completion Rate|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$27,700||$32,200|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- Olive-Harvey College was formed in the fall of 1970 as a result of the merger of two City Colleges of Chicago: the Southeast College, founded in 1957, and Fenger, founded in 1958. These two Colleges had been operating separately, with different faculties, administrations, student populations, educational philosophies, and purpose. Olive-Harvey College has been located at its present 67-acre campus since its inception. Initially, it was housed in a set of nine prefabricated, steel structures. In 1981 the College moved most of its operations to a newly constructed main building, with ample space, equipment, laboratories and other facilities. In the Spring of 1988, the physical facilities expanded with construction a satellite facility, the South Chicago Campus on 92nd Street between Baltimore and Houston, in the far east of the College's service area. Olive-Harvey College is accredited by the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools , Commission on Institutions of Higher Education.
- College Location Mi. Students
- 14 students | 4.90 Mi6045 S. Kenwood Ave.
Chicago,  IL  60637
- 5,313 students | 5.30 Mi6301 S Halsted St
Chicago,  IL  60621
- 8,914 students | 7.50 Mi7500 S Pulaski Rd
Chicago,  IL  60652
- 4,329 students | 7.60 Mi15800 South State Street
South Holland,  IL  60473
- 360 students | 8.90 Mi6640 S. Cicero
Chicago,  IL  60638
October 22, 2017
Learn about the changing tide in male enrollment at community colleges, as well as the catalysts behind the increase in men on campus.
October 20, 2017
When you first start college you may be overwhelmed by the newness of it. But keep these common mistakes in mind as you go through your first year to make sure that you are properly setup for the rest of your college career and your life thereafter.
October 09, 2017
Forget the degree! Many community college students are landing good jobs with just a community college professional certificate.