City Colleges of Chicago-Olive-Harvey College
The teacher population of 97 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|City Colleges of Chicago-Olive-Harvey College||(IL) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Associate's Colleges: High Transfer-High Nontraditional||Associate's Colleges: Mixed Transfer/Vocational & Technical-High Nontraditional|
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Total Faculty||97 staff||124 staff|
Source: 2019 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- Olive-Harvey College was formed in the fall of 1970 as a result of the merger of two City Colleges of Chicago: the Southeast College, founded in 1957, and Fenger, founded in 1958. These two Colleges had been operating separately, with different faculties, administrations, student populations, educational philosophies, and purpose. Olive-Harvey College has been located at its present 67-acre campus since its inception. Initially, it was housed in a set of nine prefabricated, steel structures. In 1981 the College moved most of its operations to a newly constructed main building, with ample space, equipment, laboratories and other facilities. In the Spring of 1988, the physical facilities expanded with construction a satellite facility, the South Chicago Campus on 92nd Street between Baltimore and Houston, in the far east of the College's service area. Olive-Harvey College is accredited by the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools , Commission on Institutions of Higher Education.
The nearest community college to City Colleges of Chicago-Olive-Harvey College is Toyota Technological Institute at Chicago (5.2 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 35 students | 5.20 Mi6045 S. Kenwood Avenue
Chicago, IL 60637
(773) 834-2500 5.2035
- 3,136 students | 5.60 Mi6301 S Halsted St
Chicago, IL 60621
(773) 602-5000 5.603,136
- 4,232 students | 7.30 Mi15800 South State Street
South Holland, IL 60473
(708) 596-2000 7.304,232
- 6,942 students | 7.60 Mi7500 S Pulaski Rd
Chicago, IL 60652
(773) 838-7500 7.606,942
- 443 students | 9.10 Mi6640 S. Cicero
Bedford Park, IL 60638
(708) 444-4500 9.10443
In spite of the recession, composite technicians are in high demand. Learn about this green career and how you can get the training for the available jobs in just weeks.
Hunting for a job is always nerve-wracking but even more so in the aftermath of a global pandemic. Read on to learn some job-hunting tactics and tips for remote interviewing.
May 18, 2021
The world was ill-prepared to find itself in the midst of a global pandemic and the effects of the past year will linger for many years to come. No industry was unaffected and the pandemic brought to light inequities in many, particularly the U.S. education system. Read on to learn how the pandemic has affected community colleges and what students can expect in the future.