Chemeketa Community College
- Chemeketa has seven locations in Oregon's Wilamette Valley. Students appreciate our diversity and the opportunity to earn the first two-years of their university degree at a fraction of the cost. We also provide training in over thirty career fields.
- The teacher population of 367 teachers has declined by 5% over five years.
|Chemeketa Community College||(OR) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Associate of Arts Colleges||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||At least 2 yrs but < 4 yrs||At least 2 yrs but < 4 yrs|
|Total Faculty||367 staff||105 staff|
|Total Enrollment||10,571 students||2,071 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||29:1||28:1|
|# Full-Time Students||3,350 students||844 students|
|# Part-Time Students||15,109 students||1,227 students|
|% American Indian/Alaskan|
|% Two or more races|
|% Non Resident races|
|% Unknown races|
|College Completion Rate|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$33,800||$32,200|
|Total Sports Offered||5 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Soccer, Softball, VolleyballBaseball, Basketball,|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- The Chemeketa Community College district covers more than 2,600 square miles in Oregon's Mid-Willamette Valley, including Marion, Polk, most of Yamhill and part of Linn counties. Our largest campus is located in Salem. We also have locations in Dallas,? Woodburn, Brooks and our new Yamhill Valley campus in McMinnville. We offer credit and non-credit classes, workshops, seminars, and special programs in more than 25 locations throughout the college district. Classes meet during the day, evening, weekends, and online. Chemeketa has four areas of study. Career and Technical Education porgrams train students who want to qualify for work in specific fields. We offer more than 40 professional-technical training programs. College transfer courses are for students who wish to continue their education at a four-year college or university. Through lifelong learning we offer many credit and non-credit classes, workshops and short courses. Developmental skill building classes are offered for people who want to learn basic reading, writing, mathematics, and study skills; finish high school; or learn English as a second language. Chemeketa is accredited by the Northwest Commission on Colleges and Universities.
- College Location Mi. Students
- 1,195 students | 25.90 Mi27501 SW Parkway Ave
Wilsonville,  OR  97070
- 5,314 students | 27.60 Mi6500 Pacific Blvd SW
Albany,  OR  97321
- 7,302 students | 31.00 Mi19600 Molalla Ave
Oregon City,  OR  97045
- 30,929 students | 34.10 Mi12000 SW 49th Avenue
Portland,  OR  97219
- 161 students | 40.30 Mi600 SW 10th, Suite 400
Portland,  OR  97205
June 21, 2018
Learn about programs offered by community colleges that allow students to earn a two-year degree and then go on to earn a bachelor’s degree either online or at a nearby university.
June 21, 2018
Explore a trend seen this year, where enrollment rates are stabilizing or even falling at many community colleges around the country.
June 21, 2018
After transferring to a four-year institution, how do community college students fare? Learn about the reports and studies that shed light on community college student performance at the university level.