- Chemeketa has seven locations in Oregon's Wilamette Valley. Students appreciate our diversity and the opportunity to earn the first two-years of their university degree at a fraction of the cost. We also provide training in over thirty career fields.
Chemeketa Community College serves 8,328 students (45% of students are full-time).
The college's student:teacher ratio of 11:1 is lower than the state community college average of 13:1.
Minority enrollment is 55% of the student body (majority Hispanic), which is more than the state average of 37%.
Quick Stats (2023)
- Enrollment: 8,328 students
- In-state tuition: $4,050
- Out-state tuition: $11,340
- Student:teacher ratio: 11:1
- Minority enrollment: 55%
- Source: Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS)
Chemeketa Community College ranks among the top 20% of public schools in Oregon for:
The teacher population of 753 teachers has grown by 105% over five years.
Chemeketa Community College
(OR) Community College Avg.
At least 2 but less than 4 years
At least 2 but less than 4 years
The student population of Chemeketa Community College has declined by 18% over five years.
The student:teacher ratio of 11:1 has decreased from 12:1 over five years.
The Chemeketa Community College diversity score of 0.72 is more than the state average of 0.57. The school's diversity has stayed relatively flat over five years.
Student : Teacher Ratio
# Full-Time Students
# Part-Time Students
# Enrollment Undergraduate
# Full-Time Undergraduate Students
# Full-Time Graduate Students
# Part-Time Undergraduate Students
# Part-Time Graduate Students
Total Dormitory Capacity
% American Indian/Alaskan
% Two or more races
% Non Resident races
% Unknown races
College Completion Rate (Students who graduate in less than 4 years)
Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
The public in-state tuition of $4,050 is less than the state average of $4,694. The in-state tuition has declined by 10% over four years.
The public out-state tuition of $11,340 is more than the state average of $7,748. The out-state tuition has stayed relatively flat over four years.
In-State Tuition Fees
Out-State Tuition Fees
% Students Receiving Some Financial Aid
Median Debt for Graduates
Median Debt for Dropouts
Total Sports Offered
Baseball, Basketball, Soccer, Softball, Volleyball
Source: 2021 (or latest year available) Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS) , School Administrators
- The Chemeketa Community College district covers more than 2,600 square miles in Oregon's Mid-Willamette Valley, including Marion, Polk, most of Yamhill and part of Linn counties. Our largest campus is located in Salem. We also have locations in Dallas,? Woodburn, Brooks and our new Yamhill Valley campus in McMinnville. We offer credit and non-credit classes, workshops, seminars, and special programs in more than 25 locations throughout the college district. Classes meet during the day, evening, weekends, and online. Chemeketa has four areas of study. Career and Technical Education porgrams train students who want to qualify for work in specific fields. We offer more than 40 professional-technical training programs. College transfer courses are for students who wish to continue their education at a four-year college or university. Through lifelong learning we offer many credit and non-credit classes, workshops and short courses. Developmental skill building classes are offered for people who want to learn basic reading, writing, mathematics, and study skills; finish high school; or learn English as a second language. Chemeketa is accredited by the Northwest Commission on Colleges and Universities.
Frequently Asked Questions
How much does Chemeketa Community College cost?
Chemeketa Community College's tuition is approximately $4,050 for In-State students and $11,340 for Out-State students.
What schools are Chemeketa Community College often compared to?
Chemeketa Community Collegeis often viewed alongside schools like Portland Community College by visitors of our site.
What sports does Chemeketa Community College offer?
Chemeketa Community College offers 5 interscholastic sports: Baseball, Basketball, Soccer, Softball and Volleyball.
What is Chemeketa Community College's ranking?
Chemeketa Community College ranks among the top 20% of community college in Oregon for: Diversity in US community colleges, Average community college minority breakdown and Largest student body.
Microcredentials: Tailoring Learning Journeys in Robotics
Micro-credentials offer a unique opportunity for adult learners to tailor their learning journeys to their specific needs and career aspirations. In this article we explore micro-credentials in robotics.
How To Pay For A Community College Education
We look in-depth at how you can pay for a community college education.
April 07, 2023Spring 2023: Top 10 Job Fields
The job market is changing at warp speed. Find out which job fields are the most promising for community college graduates.