Long Beach City College
- Long Beach City College is a comprehensive community college that provides open and affordable access to quality associate degree and certificate programs, workforce preparation, and opportunities for personal development and enrichment. The college develops students’ college-level skills and expands their general knowledge, enables their transfer to four-year institutions, prepares them for successful careers or to advance in their current careers, and fosters their personal commitment to lifelong learning. Based upon a commitment to excellence, college programs foster and support the intellectual, cultural, economic and civic development of our diverse community.
- The teacher population of 561 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Long Beach City College||(CA) Community College Avg.|
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Total Faculty||561 staff||97 staff|
|Total Enrollment||24,403 students||7,516 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||43:1||44:1|
|# Full-Time Students||9,780 students||1,613 students|
|# Part-Time Students||14,623 students||5,903 students|
|% American Indian/Alaskan|
|% Two or more races|
|% Non Resident races|
|% Unknown races|
|College Completion Rate|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$32,100||$34,600|
- Long Beach City College provides excellence in education in a student centered environment. You will find dedicated faculty who are excited and inspired, a staff who is ready to assist you and a student body with a diversity of interests and backgrounds. Long Beach City College stands ready to serve your needs with current curriculum, whether you are preparing for employment, planning to transfer to a university, engaged in professional development or personal improvement or training as a part of local business and industry. Your community college is flexible enough to meet your needs regardless of your goals. Long Beach City College offers tours to community groups and prospective students. Our campus tours are conducted by students who study, work, and volunteer time at LBCC. As you consider what college to attend, you can gain valuable insight to the history and traditions of our college, by allowing our President's Ambassadors to give you a guided tour. Long Beach City College is accredited by the Accrediting Commission for Community and Junior Colleges of the Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC), an institutional accrediting body recognized by the Commission on Recognition of Postsecondary Accreditation and the U.S. Department of Education.
- College Location Mi. Students
- 387 students | 3.20 Mi18000 Studebaker Road Suite 900A
Cerritos,  CA  90703
(562) 809-5100 3.20387
- 252 students | 3.30 Mi1600 East Hill St
Signal Hill,  CA  90755
(562) 988-2278 3.30252
- 21,774 students | 4.30 Mi11110 Alondra Blvd
Norwalk,  CA  90650
(562) 860-2451 4.3021,774
- 7,611 students | 5.00 Mi1111 East Artesia Blvd.
Compton,  CA  90221
(310) 900-1600 5.007,611
- 125 students | 5.70 Mi13180 Paramount Blvd.
South Gate,  CA  90280
(562) 408-6969 5.70125