Center for Advanced Legal Studies
- The mission of Center for Advanced Legal Studies is to provide students with the skills and practical and ethical knowledge necessary to excel as paralegals and meet the needs of the legal, governmental, and corporate communities.
- Enrollment: 243 students
- In-state tuition: $9,300
- Out-state tuition: $9,300
- Acceptance Rate: 50%
- Student:teacher ratio: 13:1
- Minority enrollment: 64%
- Source: Verified school update
Center for Advanced Legal Studies ranks among the top 20% of public schools in Texas for:
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
- CALS offers a Paralegal Certificate program designed for individuals who have previously earned a college degree, and an Associate of Applied Science Degree program for those in search of their first college degree. Both programs are accredited and provide a comprehensive skills-based approach to paralegal studies.
- Both paralegal programs are offered 100% online using technology whereby students can see and hear their instructors in real-time.
- Specializing solely in paralegal education gives CALS the freedom to design our classrooms, library, and other resources to meet the specific needs of our paralegal students and faculty. Our classrooms are spacious, comfortable, and provide our students with ample room to take notes and arrange their materials.
- CALS' library is equipped with resources specific to the study of law, has generous work areas, Westlaw access, and provides a quiet atmosphere for research and study.
- Graduates are assisted by a full-time Director of Career Services who helps students prepare for their job search and assists in setting up job interviews with historical employers of CALS graduates.
- Center for Advanced Legal Studies is accredited by Accrediting Commission of Career Schools and Colleges (ACCSC) and Council on Occupational Education (COE).
- The Texas Higher Education Coordinating Board authorizes the Associate of Applied Science Degree Program at Center for Advanced Legal Studies.
- CALS is approved and regulated by the Texas Workforce Commission, Career Schools and Colleges, Austin, Texas.
Frequently Asked Questions
How much does Center for Advanced Legal Studies cost?
Center for Advanced Legal Studies's tuition is approximately $9,300 for In-State students and $9,300 for Out-State students.
What is the acceptance rate of Center for Advanced Legal Studies?
The acceptance rate of Center for Advanced Legal Studies is 50%, which is lower than the state average of 76%. Center for Advanced Legal Studies's acceptance rate is ranked among the top community colleges in Texas with low acceptance rates.
What is Center for Advanced Legal Studies's ranking?
Center for Advanced Legal Studies ranks among the top 20% of community college in Texas for: Lowest acceptance rates and Highest graduate earnings (10 years post graduation).