Center for Advanced Legal Studies
- The mission of the Center For Advanced Legal Studies is to provide students with the skills, practical knowledge and requisite abilities which will allow them not only to succeed, but also to excel as paralegals as they meet the growing and constant needs of the legal, governmental and corporate environments within the community.
Center for Advanced Legal Studies places among the top 20% of community colleges in Texas for:
- Category Attribute
- Student Earnings Highest graduate earnings (10 years post graduation)
- The teacher population of 8 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Center for Advanced Legal Studies||(TX) Community College Avg.|
|Institution Level||Four or more years||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Institution Control||Private, for profit||Public|
|Total Faculty||8 staff||76 staff|
|Number of Programs Offered||3||7|
|Total Enrollment||206 students||3,921 students|
|# Full-Time Students||206 students||1,055 students|
|# Undergraduate Students||200 students||1,015 students|
|# Graduate Students||6 students||6 students|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$39,200||$33,800|
|% Students Receiving Some Financial Aid||85%||83%|
|Median Debt for Graduates (Year 2015)||$11,038||$9,500|
|Median Debt for Dropouts (Year 2015)||$4,750||$5,015|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- The Center for Advanced Legal Studies, founded in 1987, is the only ABA approved and accredited college in Texas that specializes in paralegal education. The Center offers a Paralegal Certificate program designed for individuals who have previously earned a bachelor's degree, and an Associate of Applied Science Degree program for those in search of their first college degree. Both programs are accredited, approved by the American Bar Association and provide a comprehensive skills-based approach to paralegal studies. Specializing solely in paralegal education gives us the freedom to design our classrooms, library and computer lab to meet the specific needs of our paralegal students and faculty. Our classrooms are spacious, comfortable and provide our students with ample room to take notes and arrange their materials. The Center's library is equipped with resources specific to the study of law, has generous work areas, Westlaw access, and provides a quiet atmosphere for research and study. Our Computer Lab is equipped with 20 Dell OptiPlex Pentium 4 computers connected to the Internet with high speed T1 access. The Center for Advanced Legal Studies is accredited by the American Bar Association and the Council on Occupational Education. The Texas Higher Education Coordinating Board approves the Associate of Applied Science Degree Program at Center for Advanced Legal Studies.
- The nearest community college to Center for Advanced Legal Studies is Vet Tech Institute of Houston (2.2 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 216 students | 2.20 Mi4669 Southwest Fwy Ste 100
Houston,  TX  77027
- 58,276 students | 2.60 Mi3100 Main Street
Houston,  TX  77002
- 1,402 students | 4.90 Mi240 Northwest Mall
Houston,  TX  77092
- 496 students | 5.40 Mi7000 Regency Square Blvd.
Houston,  TX  77036
- 147 students | 5.70 Mi7277 Regency Sq Blvd
Houston,  TX  77036
Complaints about the current system of accrediting community colleges, combined with the quickly changing scope of community college education and how it’s delivered, may soon necessitate changes in the way that community college programs are accredited.
Community college enrollment is in decline, but some schools are refusing to roll over. Read on to learn the factors impacting enrollment rates and what some schools are doing to stay afloat.
In a time of change, the LGBTQ community is receiving more support than ever and the world is changing with each passing year. As a young adult member of the LGBTQ community, you have unique opportunities to take advantage of when preparing to enter college if you choose to. Keep reading to learn what you can expect to see during your college search and how best to prepare for your freshman year.