Center for Advanced Legal Studies
- The mission of the Center For Advanced Legal Studies is to provide students with the skills, practical knowledge and requisite abilities which will allow them not only to succeed, but also to excel as paralegals as they meet the growing and constant needs of the legal, governmental and corporate environments within the community.
- The teacher population of 8 teachers has grown by 100% over five years.
|Center for Advanced Legal Studies||(TX) Community College Avg.|
|Institution Level||Four or more years||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Institution Control||Private, for profit||Public|
|Total Faculty||8 staff||76 staff|
|Number of Programs Offered||3||7|
|Total Enrollment||206 students||3,921 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||26:1||35:1|
|# Full-Time Students||206 students||1,055 students|
|# Undergraduate Students||200 students||1,015 students|
|# Graduate Students||6 students||6 students|
|Diversity ScoreThe chance that two students selected at random would be members of a different ethnic group. Scored from 0 to 1, a diversity score closer to 1 indicates a more diverse student body.||0.58||0.69|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$39,200||$34,000|
|% Students Receiving Some Financial Aid||85%||83%|
|Median Debt for Graduates||$11,039||$9,500|
|Median Debt for Dropouts||$4,750||$5,250|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- The Center for Advanced Legal Studies, founded in 1987, is the only ABA approved and accredited college in Texas that specializes in paralegal education. The Center offers a Paralegal Certificate program designed for individuals who have previously earned a bachelor's degree, and an Associate of Applied Science Degree program for those in search of their first college degree. Both programs are accredited, approved by the American Bar Association and provide a comprehensive skills-based approach to paralegal studies. Specializing solely in paralegal education gives us the freedom to design our classrooms, library and computer lab to meet the specific needs of our paralegal students and faculty. Our classrooms are spacious, comfortable and provide our students with ample room to take notes and arrange their materials. The Center's library is equipped with resources specific to the study of law, has generous work areas, Westlaw access, and provides a quiet atmosphere for research and study. Our Computer Lab is equipped with 20 Dell OptiPlex Pentium 4 computers connected to the Internet with high speed T1 access. The Center for Advanced Legal Studies is accredited by the American Bar Association and the Council on Occupational Education. The Texas Higher Education Coordinating Board approves the Associate of Applied Science Degree Program at Center for Advanced Legal Studies.
- College Location Mi. Students
- 216 students | 2.20 Mi4669 Southwest Fwy Ste 100
Houston,  TX  77027
- 58,276 students | 2.60 Mi3100 Main Street
Houston,  TX  77002
- 1,887 students | 3.30 MiRiver Oaks Plaza, 4140 Southwest Freeway
Houston,  TX  77027
- 1,172 students | 4.90 Mi240 Northwest Mall
Houston,  TX  77092
- 496 students | 5.40 Mi7000 Regency Square Blvd.
Houston,  TX  77036
November 12, 2017
Community colleges are an excellent stepping stone between high school and a four-year institution, especially for students with learning disabilities. Learn about the support programs available at community colleges that can help students thrive academically, regardless of their disabilities.
November 12, 2017
Consider some of the most popular online options at community colleges today that allow students to earn two-year degrees right from the comfort of home.
October 26, 2017
For those who want to explore a career with growth potential, we introduce several high demand jobs that can be jump-started at community college.