College of Biblical Studies-Houston
Tel: (713) 785-5995
- The mission of the college is to provide college level Bible education and biblically based general education for the Body of Christ, with primary focus on African-American and other ethnic minority groups and to equip its students with a biblical world view for ministry in and for the church and the world.
College of Biblical Studies-Houston places among the top 20% of community colleges in Texas for:
- Category Attribute
- Student Earnings Highest graduate earnings (10 years post graduation)
The teacher population of 22 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|College of Biblical Studies-Houston||(TX) Community College Avg.|
|Institution Level||Four or more years||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Institution Control||Private, non-profit||Public|
|Total Faculty||22 staff||76 staff|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- The College of Biblical Studies of Houston, Texas is the largest nationally accredited, multi-ethnic Bible College in North America. Since 1979, CBS has been developing Christian leaders to serve our multi-ethnic community. A commuter college where tuition is kept low to broaden access to higher education, CBS provides instruction six days a week, offering morning, afternoon, evening and Saturday classes so that students can fit education into their life schedule. In the fall of 1979, the first classes of Houston Bible Institute, were offered. The school's first Executive Director was Rev. Rodney L. Cooper, Th.M. From inception, the school used the facilities of KHCB-FM, a Houston-based Christian radio network, for its classrooms, and leased administrative space nearby. In 1995, the work of building a campus began with the purchase of the Dale Carnegie National Training Center. Presently, the College owns 159,417 square feet of building on 14 acres of land and a net worth of 11.1 million dollars. As of August 2003, CBS offers three bachelor degree programs (Bachelors of Science in Biblical Counseling, Christian Leadership and Christian Ministry), an Associate in Biblical Studies and a Bible Certificate program. The college is accredited by the Association of Biblical Higher Education (ABHE) formerly the Accrediting Association of Bible Colleges (AABC), a national accrediting body recognized by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation (CHEA), the United States Department of Education, and the Texas Higher Education Coordinating Board.
The nearest community college to College of Biblical Studies-Houston is Mti College Of Business And Technology (0.3 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 147 students | 0.30 Mi7277 Regency Sq Blvd
Houston,  TX  77036
(713) 974-7181 0.30147
- 535 students | 2.60 Mi9999 Richmond Avenue
Houston,  TX  77042
(832) 201-3600 2.60535
- 216 students | 3.20 Mi4669 Southwest Fwy Ste 100
Houston,  TX  77027
(713) 629-1500 3.20216
- 325 students | 4.30 Mi3110 Hayes Road Suite 380
Houston,  TX  77082
(281) 899-1240 4.30325
- 206 students | 5.40 Mi3910 Kirby Ste 200
Houston,  TX  77098
(713) 529-2778 5.40206
With serious mental health issues on the rise on college campuses nationwide, community colleges are scrambling to provide expanded mental health services to students.
We examine a new report at USA Today that shows employment rates for community college graduates have skyrocketed - and which of the fields where a community college degree is particularly helpful.
Who says college is just for the 18 - 22 year old crowd? In fact, more community colleges are recruiting students over the age of 50 - and for good reason!