College of Biblical Studies-Houston
Top Ranked (2021-22): View Rankings
Tel: (713) 785-5995
- The mission of the college is to provide college level Bible education and biblically based general education for the Body of Christ, with primary focus on African-American and other ethnic minority groups and to equip its students with a biblical world view for ministry in and for the church and the world.
College of Biblical Studies-Houston ranks among the top 20% of community colleges in Texas for:
- Category Attribute
- Student Earnings Highest graduate earnings (10 years post graduation)
The teacher population of 22 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|College of Biblical Studies-Houston||(TX) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Special Focus Four-Year: Faith-Related Institutions||Associate's Colleges: Mixed Transfer/Vocational & Technical-High Traditional|
|Institution Level||Less than 2 yrs||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Total Faculty||22 staff||121 staff|
Source: 2019 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- The College of Biblical Studies of Houston, Texas is the largest nationally accredited, multi-ethnic Bible College in North America. Since 1979, CBS has been developing Christian leaders to serve our multi-ethnic community. A commuter college where tuition is kept low to broaden access to higher education, CBS provides instruction six days a week, offering morning, afternoon, evening and Saturday classes so that students can fit education into their life schedule. In the fall of 1979, the first classes of Houston Bible Institute, were offered. The school's first Executive Director was Rev. Rodney L. Cooper, Th.M. From inception, the school used the facilities of KHCB-FM, a Houston-based Christian radio network, for its classrooms, and leased administrative space nearby. In 1995, the work of building a campus began with the purchase of the Dale Carnegie National Training Center. Presently, the College owns 159,417 square feet of building on 14 acres of land and a net worth of 11.1 million dollars. As of August 2003, CBS offers three bachelor degree programs (Bachelors of Science in Biblical Counseling, Christian Leadership and Christian Ministry), an Associate in Biblical Studies and a Bible Certificate program. The college is accredited by the Association of Biblical Higher Education (ABHE) formerly the Accrediting Association of Bible Colleges (AABC), a national accrediting body recognized by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation (CHEA), the United States Department of Education, and the Texas Higher Education Coordinating Board.
The nearest community college to College of Biblical Studies-Houston is Mti College Of Business And Technology (0.3 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 147 students | 0.30 Mi7277 Regency Sq Blvd
Houston, TX 77036
(713) 974-7181 0.30147
- 349 students | 2.60 Mi9999 Richmond Avenue
Houston, TX 77042
(832) 201-3600 2.60349
- 176 students | 3.20 Mi4669 Southwest Fwy Ste 100
Houston, TX 77027
(713) 629-1500 3.20176
- 947 students | 5.20 MiRiver Oaks Plaza, 4140 Southwest Freeway
Houston, TX 77027
(713) 623-2040 5.20947
- 211 students | 5.40 Mi800 W Sam Houston Parkway S, Suite 100
Houston, TX 77042
(713) 529-2778 5.40211
Check out the latest rankings by Community College Times that shows the community colleges that were the top degree producers in the country last year.
The current state of the United States education system is up in the air as COVID-19 spreads across the nation. Graduating high school seniors may find it necessary to change their plans for the fall of 2020 and many are considering a gap year.
July 30, 2021
Going to college is a major commitment and a big decision – one that thousands of students postponed during the pandemic. Now that things are slowly returning to normal, what does the world of academia look like and what challenges are educators currently facing?