The Art Institute of Houston
- The mission of The Art Institute of Houston is to provide a quality, collaborative academic environment for individuals seeking creative careers through higher education.
The Art Institute of Houston serves 511 students (69% of students are full-time).
The college's student:teacher ratio of 7:1 is lower than the state community college average of 17:1.
Minority enrollment is 78% of the student body (majority Hispanic), which is more than the state average of 70%.
Quick Stats (2023)
- Enrollment: 511 students
- Private-state tuition: $17,668
- Acceptance Rate: 54%
- Student:teacher ratio: 7:1
- Minority enrollment: 78%
- Source: Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS)
The Art Institute of Houston ranks among the top 20% of public schools in Texas for:
The teacher population of 77 teachers has declined by 14% over five years.
The Art Institute of Houston
(TX) Community College Avg.
Four or more years
At least 2 but less than 4 years
The student population of The Art Institute of Houston has declined by 53% over five years.
The student:teacher ratio of 7:1 has decreased from 9:1 over five years.
The The Art Institute of Houston diversity score of 0.73 is more than the state average of 0.68. The school's diversity has stayed relatively flat over five years.
Student : Teacher Ratio
# Full-Time Students
# Part-Time Students
# Enrollment Undergraduate
# Full-Time Undergraduate Students
# Full-Time Graduate Students
# Part-Time Undergraduate Students
# Part-Time Graduate Students
Total Dormitory Capacity
% American Indian/Alaskan
% Two or more races
% Non Resident races
% Unknown races
College Completion Rate (Students who graduate in less than 4 years)
College Completion Rate (Students who graduate in 4 years or more than 4 years)
Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
The private state tuition of $17,668 is more than the state average of $14,068. The private state tuition has stayed relatively flat over four years.
Private State Tuition Fees
% Students Receiving Some Financial Aid
Median Debt for Graduates
Median Debt for Dropouts
Source: 2021 (or latest year available) Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS)
- The Art Institute of Houston is a wholly-owned subsidiary of The Art Institutes, one of North America's leaders in postsecondary career-oriented education for the creative arts. The Art Institute of Houston trains students in Media Arts & Animation, Culinary Arts, Graphic Design, Interior Design, Interactive Media Design, and Restaurant & Catering Management. From its founding in 1965 until joining The Art Institutes system of schools in 1978, The Art Institute of Houston was known as the Houston School of Commercial Art. In December 1990, the school moved to its current facility at 1900 Yorktown in the Galleria area. Baccalaureate and associate degrees are competency based, incorporating traditional liberal arts and hands-on instruction. Faculty use learning-centered methodology that prepares students for career entry in the design, visual and culinary arts fields as well as continued professional development. The Art Institute of Houston is accredited by the Commission on Colleges of the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools, to award Bachelor of Fine Arts and Associate of Applied Science degrees.
Frequently Asked Questions
How much does The Art Institute of Houston cost?
The Art Institute of Houston's private state tuition is approximately $17,668.
What is the acceptance rate of The Art Institute of Houston?
The acceptance rate of The Art Institute of Houston is 54%, which is lower than the state average of 72%.
What is The Art Institute of Houston's ranking?
The Art Institute of Houston ranks among the top 20% of community college in Texas for: Diversity in US community colleges.
Learn about the lucrative career opportunities in nano-technology and how you can begin your training right at community college.
The Top Challenges for Non-Traditional Students in Community College
If you are starting community college as an adult, there are certain challenges you can expect to face. Understanding and anticipating those challenges will help you to face them head-on with the greatest chance for success.
January 17, 2023ChatGPT: A Powerful Tool With Many Uses
When your database is the entire Internet, you can answer just about any question lightning-fast. Here are some suggestions for using ChatGTP in your college studies.