Vet Tech Institute of Houston
Tel: (713) 629-1500
- Learning the right veterinary technician skills is critical for finding a job in the veterinary technician field. The first Vet Tech Institute was part of the Median School of Allied Health Careers, founded in Pittsburgh in 1958. Since then, the Vet Tech Institute has grown to include seven locations across the United States. Throughout 45 years of experience in providing allied health care career training, the mission has remained focused on providing quality education to benefit students, graduates, and health care professionals. At the Vet Tech Institute, faculty from the seven locations share teaching methods and curriculum improvements. As a result, students at the Vet Tech Institute gain from being part of a larger organization, with the benefits of being in a smaller, local, focused institution.
- The teacher population of 11 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Vet Tech Institute of Houston||(TX) Community College Avg.|
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Institution Control||Private, for profit||Public|
|Total Faculty||11 staff||76 staff|
|Total Enrollment||216 students||3,921 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||20:1||35:1|
|# Full-Time Students||216 students||1,055 students|
|College Completion Rate|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$29,800||$33,800|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- The nearest community college to Vet Tech Institute of Houston is Center for Advanced Legal Studies (2.2 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 206 students | 2.20 Mi3910 Kirby Ste 200
Houston,  TX  77098
(713) 529-2778 2.20206
- 496 students | 3.20 Mi7000 Regency Square Blvd.
Houston,  TX  77036
(713) 785-5995 3.20496
- 147 students | 3.40 Mi7277 Regency Sq Blvd
Houston,  TX  77036
(713) 974-7181 3.40147
- 1,552 students | 4.80 Mi240 Northwest Mall
Houston,  TX  77092
(713) 425-3100 4.801,552
- 58,276 students | 4.80 Mi3100 Main Street
Houston,  TX  77002
(877) 422-6111 4.8058,276
Learn about how budgetary constraints are prompting community colleges to only offer four-day school weeks.
Learn about how you can pursue a degree and career in the entertainment industry by starting at your local community college.
Learn about the variety of mentoring programs available in community colleges, and why you may want to be involved as a mentee or mentor.