- Learning the right veterinary technician skills is critical for finding a job in the veterinary technician field. The first Vet Tech Institute was part of the Median School of Allied Health Careers, founded in Pittsburgh in 1958. Since then, the Vet Tech Institute has grown to include seven locations across the United States. Throughout 45 years of experience in providing allied health care career training, the mission has remained focused on providing quality education to benefit students, graduates, and health care professionals. At the Vet Tech Institute, faculty from the seven locations share teaching methods and curriculum improvements. As a result, students at the Vet Tech Institute gain from being part of a larger organization, with the benefits of being in a smaller, local, focused institution.
Vet Tech Institute of Houston serves 202 students (100% of students are full-time).
The college's student:teacher ratio of 10:1 is lower than the state community college average of 17:1.
Minority enrollment is 61% of the student body (majority Hispanic), which is less than the state average of 70%.
Quick Stats (2023)
- Enrollment: 202 students
- In-state tuition: $14,120
- Out-state tuition: $14,120
- Acceptance Rate: 78%
- Student:teacher ratio: 10:1
- Minority enrollment: 61%
- Source: Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS)
Vet Tech Institute of Houston ranks among the top 20% of public schools in Texas for:
The teacher population of 21 teachers has grown by 90% over five years.
Vet Tech Institute of Houston
(TX) Community College Avg.
Not applicable, not in Carnegie universe (not accredited or nondegree-granting)
Less than 2 yrs
At least 2 but less than 4 years
The student population of Vet Tech Institute of Houston has grown by 5% over five years.
The student:teacher ratio of 10:1 has increased from 9:1 over five years.
The Vet Tech Institute of Houston diversity score of 0.71 is more than the state average of 0.68. The school's diversity has stayed relatively flat over five years.
Student : Teacher Ratio
# Full-Time Students
# Part-Time Students
# Enrollment Undergraduate
# Full-Time Undergraduate Students
# Full-Time Graduate Students
# Part-Time Undergraduate Students
# Part-Time Graduate Students
Total Dormitory Capacity
% Two or more races
% Non Resident races
% Unknown races
College Completion Rate (Students who graduate in less than 4 years)
College Completion Rate (Students who graduate in 4 years or more than 4 years)
Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
The public in-state tuition of $14,120 is more than the state average of $3,626. The in-state tuition has stayed relatively flat over four years.
The public out-state tuition of $14,120 is more than the state average of $5,997. The out-state tuition has stayed relatively flat over four years.
In-State Tuition Fees
Out-State Tuition Fees
% Students Receiving Some Financial Aid
Median Debt for Graduates
Median Debt for Dropouts
Source: 2021 (or latest year available) Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS)
Frequently Asked Questions
How much does Vet Tech Institute of Houston cost?
Vet Tech Institute of Houston's tuition is approximately $14,120 for In-State students and $14,120 for Out-State students.
What is the acceptance rate of Vet Tech Institute of Houston?
The acceptance rate of Vet Tech Institute of Houston is 78%, which is higher than the state average of 76%.
What is Vet Tech Institute of Houston's ranking?
Vet Tech Institute of Houston ranks among the top 20% of community college in Texas for: Diversity in US community colleges, Percent of students receiving financial aid and Highest completion rates.
How To Pay For A Community College Education
We look in-depth at how you can pay for a community college education.
Housing is Down, but California Community College Construction Projects Still Strong
Although California’s real estate may be soft, the state’s community college constructions projects are booming. Learn about where the $1.6 billion is going and how community colleges are improving their facilities.
April 07, 2023Spring 2023: Top 10 Job Fields
The job market is changing at warp speed. Find out which job fields are the most promising for community college graduates.