- The mission of Brunswick Community College, a public, two-year educational institution, chartered in 1979 and centrally located in Brunswick County, North Carolina, is to provide accessible and affordable programs and services that meet the educational and cultural needs of the community and to provide opportunities for individuals to be successful.
Brunswick Community College serves 1,553 students (31% of students are full-time).
The college's student:teacher ratio of 5:1 is lower than the state community college average of 9:1.
Minority enrollment is 26% of the student body (majority Black and Hispanic), which is less than the state average of 40%.
Quick Stats (2023)
- Enrollment: 1,553 students
- In-state tuition: $2,404
- Out-state tuition: $8,548
- Student:teacher ratio: 5:1
- Minority enrollment: 26%
- Source: Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS)
The teacher population of 296 teachers has grown by 164% over five years.
Brunswick Community College
(NC) Community College Avg.
At least 2 but less than 4 years
At least 2 but less than 4 years
The student population of Brunswick Community College has grown by 8% over five years.
The student:teacher ratio of 5:1 has stayed the same over five years.
The Brunswick Community College diversity score of 0.43 is less than the state average of 0.59. The school's diversity has declined by 11% over five years.
Student : Teacher Ratio
# Full-Time Students
# Part-Time Students
# Enrollment Undergraduate
# Full-Time Undergraduate Students
# Full-Time Graduate Students
# Part-Time Undergraduate Students
# Part-Time Graduate Students
Total Dormitory Capacity
% American Indian/Alaskan
% Two or more races
% Non Resident races
% Unknown races
College Completion Rate (Students who graduate in less than 4 years)
College Completion Rate (Students who graduate in 4 years or more than 4 years)
Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
The public in-state tuition of $2,404 is less than the state average of $2,531. The in-state tuition has declined by 5% over four years.
The public out-state tuition of $8,548 is more than the state average of $8,245. The out-state tuition has stayed relatively flat over four years.
In-State Tuition Fees
Out-State Tuition Fees
% Students Receiving Some Financial Aid
Median Debt for Graduates
Median Debt for Dropouts
Source: 2021 (or latest year available) Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS)
- Brunswick Community College is a tax-supported, public, nonprofit school under the control of a board of Trustees. It was established by the North Carolina Legislature in July 1979 under provisions of the General Statutes of North Carolina. It is supervised by the North Carolina Community College System and the North Carolina State Board of Community Colleges. Brunswick Community College was chartered as Brunswick Technical Institute. On May 1, 1979, the General Assembly passed a bill to permit technical institutes to change their names to technical colleges with the approval of the Board of Trustees and the Brunswick County Board of Commissioners. On October 5, 1979, the Board of Trustees, with the approval of the Brunswick County Board of Commissioners, voted unanimously to change the name of the institution to Brunswick Technical College. The College received its initial accreditation from the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools in 1983. In 1988, the College's name was changed to Brunswick Community College to reflect statewide changes in community colleges. At Brunswick Community College, our students discover their career potential through a varied curriculum. Get the technical skills needed to take advantage of expanding career opportunities in Health Care, Information Technology, Business Technology and Public and Personal Service. Begin your journey into the world of Arts and Sciences while completing the equivalent of the first two years of a four-year college degree at a fraction of the cost. Technical programs prepare students for entry-level jobs in paraprofessional fields. With experience, many technicians move into professional and managerial positions. Most technical programs are two years in duration and must contain a basic core of 15 semester hour credits (SHC) of general education courses. The core must include two communication courses and at least one course from each of the following areas: humanities/fine arts, social/behavioral sciences, and natural sciences/mathematics.
Frequently Asked Questions
How much does Brunswick Community College cost?
Brunswick Community College's tuition is approximately $2,404 for In-State students and $8,548 for Out-State students.
Microcredentials: Tailoring Learning Journeys in Robotics
Micro-credentials offer a unique opportunity for adult learners to tailor their learning journeys to their specific needs and career aspirations. In this article we explore micro-credentials in robotics.
How To Pay For A Community College Education
We look in-depth at how you can pay for a community college education.
April 07, 2023Spring 2023: Top 10 Job Fields
The job market is changing at warp speed. Find out which job fields are the most promising for community college graduates.