Brunswick Community College
- The mission of Brunswick Community College, a public, two-year educational institution, chartered in 1979 and centrally located in Brunswick County, North Carolina, is to provide accessible and affordable programs and services that meet the educational and cultural needs of the community and to provide opportunities for individuals to be successful.
- The teacher population of 112 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Brunswick Community College||(NC) Community College Avg.|
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Total Faculty||112 staff||139 staff|
|Total Enrollment||1,814 students||2,380 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||16:1||19:1|
|# Full-Time Students||930 students||1,019 students|
|# Part-Time Students||884 students||1,361 students|
|% American Indian/Alaskan|
|% Two or more races|
|% Unknown races|
|College Completion Rate|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$27,400||$27,500|
- Brunswick Community College is a tax-supported, public, nonprofit school under the control of a board of Trustees. It was established by the North Carolina Legislature in July 1979 under provisions of the General Statutes of North Carolina. It is supervised by the North Carolina Community College System and the North Carolina State Board of Community Colleges. Brunswick Community College was chartered as Brunswick Technical Institute. On May 1, 1979, the General Assembly passed a bill to permit technical institutes to change their names to technical colleges with the approval of the Board of Trustees and the Brunswick County Board of Commissioners. On October 5, 1979, the Board of Trustees, with the approval of the Brunswick County Board of Commissioners, voted unanimously to change the name of the institution to Brunswick Technical College. The College received its initial accreditation from the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools in 1983. In 1988, the College's name was changed to Brunswick Community College to reflect statewide changes in community colleges. At Brunswick Community College, our students discover their career potential through a varied curriculum. Get the technical skills needed to take advantage of expanding career opportunities in Health Care, Information Technology, Business Technology and Public and Personal Service. Begin your journey into the world of Arts and Sciences while completing the equivalent of the first two years of a four-year college degree at a fraction of the cost. Technical programs prepare students for entry-level jobs in paraprofessional fields. With experience, many technicians move into professional and managerial positions. Most technical programs are two years in duration and must contain a basic core of 15 semester hour credits (SHC) of general education courses. The core must include two communication courses and at least one course from each of the following areas: humanities/fine arts, social/behavioral sciences, and natural sciences/mathematics.
- The nearest community college to Brunswick Community College is Cape Fear Community College (21.5 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 9,091 students | 21.50 Mi411 North Front Street
Wilmington,  NC  28401
- 3,463 students | 24.50 Mi5000 Market Street
Wilmington,  NC  28405
- 1,403 students | 37.50 Mi4564 Chadbourn Hwy
Whiteville,  NC  28472
- 251 students | 45.60 Mi3268 Waccamaw Blvd.
Myrtle Beach,  SC  29579
- 7,335 students | 49.80 Mi2050 Highway 501 East
Conway,  SC  29526