Brown Mackie College-Boise (Closed 2019)
- The teacher population of 14 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Brown Mackie College-Boise||(ID) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||Less than 2 yrs||Less than 2 yrs|
|Institution Control||Private, for profit||Public|
|Total Faculty||14 staff||265 staff|
|Total Enrollment||356 students||5,032 students|
|# Full-Time Students||356 students||2,051 students|
|% American Indian/Alaskan|
|% Unknown races|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$30,300||$30,000|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- The nearest community college to Brown Mackie College-Boise is Carrington College-Boise (2.4 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 494 students | 2.40 Mi1122 North Liberty Street
Boise,  ID  83704
- 10,217 students | 10.80 Mi5500 East Opportunity Drive
Nampa,  ID  83687
- 2,396 students | 44.80 Mi650 College Blvd
Ontario,  OR  97914
- 7,021 students | 115.30 Mi315 Falls Ave.
Twin Falls,  ID  83301
- 1,731 students | 189.80 Mi2411 NW Carden Ave
Pendleton,  OR  97801
We continue to report on the ongoing saga in the California community college system. Schools are now opening for fall semester with fewer courses due to serious budget cuts, and students are feeling the academic pain.
The role of community colleges in the world of higher education has expanded over the years and, as the country works to recover from the coronavirus pandemic, they may be more important now than ever. Read on to learn more about the changing role of community colleges.
Colleges across the country are struggling to recover from the massive upheaval to the 2019-20 semester wrought by COVID-19. Housing refunds and slashed budgets are bound to have long-term impacts for the institutions that survive. Some experts suggest community colleges may be the best equipped to ride out the storm and may have the greatest impact in helping America recover.