- The mission of Broward Community College is to provide high quality educational programs and services that are affordable and accessible to a diverse community of learners. Supported by the Board of Trustees and the community, a dedicated faculty and staff fulfill this mission through their commitment to student achievement, lifelong learning, academic excellence and the use of current technology.
Broward College places among the top 20% of community colleges in Florida for:
- Category Attribute
- Affordability Least expensive tuition
- Diversity Diversity in US community colleges
- Community Size Largest student body
- Student Earnings Highest graduate earnings (10 years post graduation)
- Debt For Students Least debt for graduating students
- The teacher population of 853 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Broward College||(FL) Community College Avg.|
|Institution Level||Four or more years||Four or more years|
|Institution Control||Public||Private, non-profit|
|Total Faculty||853 staff||37 staff|
|Total Enrollment||44,119 students||1,142 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||52:1||38:1|
|# Full-Time Students||12,891 students||487 students|
|# Part-Time Students||31,228 students||655 students|
|% Two or more races|
|% Non Resident races|
|% Unknown races|
|College Completion Rate|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$36,500||$30,300|
- Broward Community College provides higher education and technical and occupational training for the citizens of Broward County, its district by law. As the first public higher education institution in the county, Broward Community College functions as the principal provider of undergraduate higher education for the residents of Broward County: As one of the twenty eight community colleges in the Florida system, Broward Community College is designed to be a community-based institution that offers a comprehensive range of programs responsive to changes in the community and in technology. Where appropriate, these programs are articulated with the public school system, area vocational schools, and upper-level institutions to insure that students can move smoothly from one system to another. Through this wide variety of degree and certificate programs and continuing education courses, the College attracts a great diversity of students, including individuals planning to complete a bachelor's degree program, people seeking to acquire job-entry skills, employees desiring to upgrade skills for promotion or career change, and individuals seeking education for their personal enrichment. From high school students who enroll in a course to accelerate their college education, to retirees who return to education after decades devoted to other pursuits, a multitude of age groups is represented at Broward Community College. These culturally diverse students span the learning spectrum from developmental to gifted. The College's programs and services are designed to serve the community by meeting the higher education needs of all these individuals. The College has several centers and numerous off-campus facilities. The Downtown Center is the site of the College's administrative offices. The North Area Office of Business and Industry Services, on W. Commercial Boulevard in Fort Lauderdale, provides classes and counseling/advisement. Tigertail Lake, on Ravenswood Road in Fort Lauderdale, is leased from the County for various instructional and recreational purposes. Broward Community College is accredited by the Commission on Colleges of the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools to award Associate Degrees. The College is also authorized by the Florida Department of Education.
- College Location Mi. Students
- 90 students | 4.80 Mi1040 Bayview Drive
Fort Lauderdale,  FL  33304
- 19,510 students | 5.00 Mi1500 NW 49th St.
Fort Lauderdale,  FL  33309
- 575 students | 5.30 Mi2000 W. Commerical Boulevard
Fort Lauderdale,  FL  33309
- 175 students | 6.20 Mi4850 W. Oakland Park Blvd., Suite 224
Fort Lauderdale,  FL  33313
- 1,548 students | 7.90 Mi225 N. Federal Hwy.
Pompano Beach,  FL  33062