Fortis Institute-Fort Lauderdale
- Medvance Institute-Fort Lauderdale's mission is to provide the finest education in a supportive atmosphere where career success is encouraged at every level. We are committed to graduating qualified professionals who can serve the medical needs of their communities, and contribute to the health and well-being of those in their care.
- The teacher population of 10 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Fortis Institute-Fort Lauderdale||(FL) Community College Avg.|
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||Four or more years|
|Institution Control||Private, for profit||Private, non-profit|
|Total Faculty||10 staff||37 staff|
|Total Enrollment||175 students||1,142 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||18:1||38:1|
|# Full-Time Students||175 students||487 students|
|% Two or more races|
|% Unknown races|
|College Completion Rate|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$25,400||$30,300|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- The nearest community college to Fortis Institute-Fort Lauderdale is City College-Fort Lauderdale (3.3 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 575 students | 3.30 Mi2000 W. Commerical Boulevard
Fort Lauderdale,  FL  33309
- 44,119 students | 5.60 Mi111 East Las Olas Blvd
Fort Lauderdale,  FL  33301
- 1,548 students | 8.60 Mi225 N. Federal Hwy.
Pompano Beach,  FL  33062
- 203 students | 8.80 Mi2001 W Sample Rd Ste 100
Pompano Beach,  FL  33064
- 90 students | 9.00 Mi1040 Bayview Drive
Fort Lauderdale,  FL  33304
Complaints about the current system of accrediting community colleges, combined with the quickly changing scope of community college education and how it’s delivered, may soon necessitate changes in the way that community college programs are accredited.
Community college enrollment is in decline, but some schools are refusing to roll over. Read on to learn the factors impacting enrollment rates and what some schools are doing to stay afloat.
In a time of change, the LGBTQ community is receiving more support than ever and the world is changing with each passing year. As a young adult member of the LGBTQ community, you have unique opportunities to take advantage of when preparing to enter college if you choose to. Keep reading to learn what you can expect to see during your college search and how best to prepare for your freshman year.