- Bluefield State College is dedicated to preparing you for a career and helping you develop the skills that will equip you to assume a leadership role in society. All members of the staff are here to help you to succeed. At BSC, the Student Government Association’s (SGA) purpose is to serve as the main governing body for students. The SGA provides funding for recognized student organizations, promotes events on campus that create pride in the campus, and voices the opinions and concerns of the student body to the administration. Overall, the SGA strives to bring all students together; through hard work and dedication, the SGA constantly works to make BSC a better place. Beyond the events and activities BSC offers, you will also notice that we are a culturally diverse campus with a rich historical background that will provide you with the history, education and social skills needed to thrive in today’s workforce. The faculty and staff here at BSC will drive you to, not only meet but exceed the goals set forth by the college, as well as your own goals.
Bluefield State College serves 1,243 students (76% of students are full-time).
The college's student:teacher ratio of 8:1 is lower than the state community college average of 13:1.
Minority enrollment is 11% of the student body (majority Black), which is less than the state average of 15%.
Quick Stats (2023)
- Enrollment: 1,243 students
- In-state tuition: $5,832
- Out-state tuition: $11,064
- Acceptance Rate: 90%
- Student:teacher ratio: 8:1
- Minority enrollment: 11%
- Source: Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS)
Bluefield State College ranks among the top 20% of public schools in West Virginia for:
The teacher population of 163 teachers has grown by 75% over five years.
Bluefield State College
(WV) Community College Avg.
Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges
Four or more years
At least 2 but less than 4 years
The student population of Bluefield State College has declined by 9% over five years.
The student:teacher ratio of 8:1 has stayed the same over five years.
The Bluefield State College diversity score of 0.20 is less than the state average of 0.27. The school's diversity has declined by 21% over five years.
Student : Teacher Ratio
# Full-Time Students
# Part-Time Students
# Enrollment Undergraduate
# Full-Time Undergraduate Students
# Part-Time Undergraduate Students
Total Dormitory Capacity
% Two or more races
% Non Resident races
% Unknown races
College Completion Rate (Students who graduate in less than 4 years)
College Completion Rate (Students who graduate in 4 years or more than 4 years)
Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
The public in-state tuition of $5,832 is more than the state average of $3,610. The in-state tuition has declined by 13% over four years.
The public out-state tuition of $11,064 is more than the state average of $8,321. The out-state tuition has declined by 15% over four years.
In-State Tuition Fees
Out-State Tuition Fees
% Students Receiving Some Financial Aid
Median Debt for Graduates
Median Debt for Dropouts
SAT Total Avg.
ACT Total Avg.
Source: 2021 (or latest year available) Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS)
Frequently Asked Questions
How much does Bluefield State College cost?
Bluefield State College's tuition is approximately $5,832 for In-State students and $11,064 for Out-State students.
What is the acceptance rate of Bluefield State College?
The acceptance rate of Bluefield State College is 90%, which is equal to the state average of 90%.
What is Bluefield State College's ranking?
Bluefield State College ranks among the top 20% of community college in West Virginia for: Highest graduate earnings (10 years post graduation).
View the Bluefield State College yearly calendar below. Note key dates such as:
- Event Date
- Last day for Registration or Adding Classes May 18, 2023 (Thursday)
- Last Day to Drop a Summer I Session Class June 09, 2023 (Friday)
- Last day for Registration or Adding Classes June 23, 2023 (Friday)
- Last Day to Drop a Summer II or 10-Week Session Class July 14, 2023 (Friday)
- Last Day for Late Registration or Adding Classes August 11, 2023 (Friday)
10 Top-Rated Careers You Can Do from Home with a Community College Degree
Would you like to work from home? We researched 10 of the best work-from-home jobs you can enjoy with a two-year degree under your belt.
How To Pay For A Community College Education
We look in-depth at how you can pay for a community college education.
April 07, 2023Spring 2023: Top 10 Job Fields
The job market is changing at warp speed. Find out which job fields are the most promising for community college graduates.