Bluefield State College
Tel: (304) 327-4000
- Bluefield State College is dedicated to preparing you for a career and helping you develop the skills that will equip you to assume a leadership role in society. All members of the staff are here to help you to succeed. At BSC, the Student Government Association’s (SGA) purpose is to serve as the main governing body for students. The SGA provides funding for recognized student organizations, promotes events on campus that create pride in the campus, and voices the opinions and concerns of the student body to the administration. Overall, the SGA strives to bring all students together; through hard work and dedication, the SGA constantly works to make BSC a better place. Beyond the events and activities BSC offers, you will also notice that we are a culturally diverse campus with a rich historical background that will provide you with the history, education and social skills needed to thrive in today’s workforce. The faculty and staff here at BSC will drive you to, not only meet but exceed the goals set forth by the college, as well as your own goals.
Bluefield State College places among the top 20% of community colleges in West Virginia for:
- Category Attribute
- Student Earnings Highest graduate earnings (10 years post graduation)
- The teacher population of 93 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Bluefield State College||(WV) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||Less than 2 yrs||At least 2 yrs but < 4 yrs|
|Total Faculty||93 staff||49 staff|
|Total Enrollment||1,563 students||1,060 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||17:1||23:1|
|# Full-Time Students||1,251 students||435 students|
|# Part-Time Students||312 students||625 students|
|% Two or more races|
|% Non Resident races|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$32,700||$25,000|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- The nearest community college to Bluefield State College is Valley College-Princeton (10.9 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 89 students | 10.90 Mi617 Mercer Street
Princeton,  WV  24740
(304) 425-2323 10.9089
- 3,302 students | 23.20 Mi1000 E Main Street
Wytheville,  VA  24382
(276) 223-4700 23.203,302
- 4,585 students | 32.00 Mi5251 College Drive
Dublin,  VA  24084
(540) 674-3600 32.004,585
- 2,551 students | 35.20 Mi280 University Drive
Beaver,  WV  25813
(304) 929-5450 35.202,551
- 3,117 students | 35.50 Mi635 Community College Rd
Cedar Bluff,  VA  24609
(276) 964-2555 35.503,117
Learn about mentoring programs at community colleges around the country and the benefits they offer to students.
The millennial generation is assumed to be entitled, lazy, and tech-obsessed. When you graduate from college, you may find yourself working against these stereotypes to land your first job. Keep reading to learn some tips for breaking those millennial stereotypes.
If capturing a moment in time calls to you, then consider developing your photography career starting at your community college. Learn about how community colleges can train and prepare you for a career in photography.