Bluefield State College
Top Ranked (2021-22): View Rankings
Tel: (304) 327-4000
- Bluefield State College is dedicated to preparing you for a career and helping you develop the skills that will equip you to assume a leadership role in society. All members of the staff are here to help you to succeed. At BSC, the Student Government Association’s (SGA) purpose is to serve as the main governing body for students. The SGA provides funding for recognized student organizations, promotes events on campus that create pride in the campus, and voices the opinions and concerns of the student body to the administration. Overall, the SGA strives to bring all students together; through hard work and dedication, the SGA constantly works to make BSC a better place. Beyond the events and activities BSC offers, you will also notice that we are a culturally diverse campus with a rich historical background that will provide you with the history, education and social skills needed to thrive in today’s workforce. The faculty and staff here at BSC will drive you to, not only meet but exceed the goals set forth by the college, as well as your own goals.
Bluefield State College ranks among the top 20% of community colleges in West Virginia for:
- Category Attribute
- Student Earnings Highest graduate earnings (10 years post graduation)
The teacher population of 93 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Bluefield State College||(WV) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Baccalaureate Colleges: Diverse Fields||Associate's Colleges: High Vocational & Technical-Mixed Traditional/Nontraditional|
|Institution Level||Four or more years||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Total Faculty||93 staff||49 staff|
Source: 2019 (or latest year available) IPEDS
The nearest community college to Bluefield State College is Valley College-Princeton (10.9 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 50 students | 10.90 Mi617 Mercer Street
Princeton, WV 24740
(304) 425-2323 10.9050
- 2,514 students | 23.20 Mi1000 E Main Street
Wytheville, VA 24382
(276) 223-4700 23.202,514
- 4,419 students | 32.00 Mi5251 College Drive
Dublin, VA 24084
(540) 674-3600 32.004,419
- 1,169 students | 35.20 Mi280 University Drive
Beaver, WV 25813
(304) 929-5450 35.201,169
- 3,117 students | 35.50 Mi635 Community College Rd
Cedar Bluff, VA 24609
(276) 964-2555 35.503,117
Learn more about how community colleges and federal loans can help you affordably finance your community college education.
Many degree programs require students to take electives but what are the pros and cons of elective courses?
Many community college students are the first in their family to attend college, and this designation comes with its own share of responsibilities and challenges. Learn about the support available specifically for first-generation community college students.