Bluefield State College
- Bluefield State College is dedicated to preparing you for a career and helping you develop the skills that will equip you to assume a leadership role in society. All members of the staff are here to help you to succeed. At BSC, the Student Government Association’s (SGA) purpose is to serve as the main governing body for students. The SGA provides funding for recognized student organizations, promotes events on campus that create pride in the campus, and voices the opinions and concerns of the student body to the administration. Overall, the SGA strives to bring all students together; through hard work and dedication, the SGA constantly works to make BSC a better place. Beyond the events and activities BSC offers, you will also notice that we are a culturally diverse campus with a rich historical background that will provide you with the history, education and social skills needed to thrive in today’s workforce. The faculty and staff here at BSC will drive you to, not only meet but exceed the goals set forth by the college, as well as your own goals.
- Enrollment: 1,243 students
- In-state tuition: $5,832
- Out-state tuition: $11,064
- Acceptance Rate: 90%
- Student:teacher ratio: 8:1
- Minority enrollment: 11%
- Source: Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS)
Bluefield State College ranks among the top 20% of public schools in West Virginia for:
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
Frequently Asked Questions
How much does Bluefield State College cost?
Bluefield State College's tuition is approximately $5,832 for In-State students and $11,064 for Out-State students.
What is the acceptance rate of Bluefield State College?
The acceptance rate of Bluefield State College is 90%, which is equal to the state average of 90%.
What is Bluefield State College's ranking?
Bluefield State College ranks among the top 20% of community college in West Virginia for: Highest graduate earnings (10 years post graduation).
View the Bluefield State College yearly calendar below. Note key dates such as:
- Event Date
- Last Day for Late Registration or Adding Classes January 13, 2023 (Friday)
- Last Day to Drop a Class in the 1st 8-Weeks Session February 17, 2023 (Friday)
- Pre-Spring Break Party March 09, 2023 (Thursday)
- Spring Break-No Classes March 16, 2023 (Thursday)
- Last Day to Drop a Class and Receive a Grade of "W" or Officially Withdraw from the College March 31, 2023 (Friday)