Tel: (740) 695-9500
- Belmont College is a learner-centered institution committed to meeting the academic, technical, career development and workforce needs of individuals, businesses, industries, and organizations. To serve its diverse student population and provide access to necessary skills in a rapidly changing workplace, the College employs a range of delivery systems including distance and community-based education, and strives to maintain low tuition rates and an abundance of financial aid sources. To provide an environment where quality lifelong learning can take place, Belmont depends on a constant and continually evolving interface with all community stakeholders.
The teacher population of 26 teachers has declined by 64% over five years.
|Belmont College||(OH) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Associate's Colleges: High Vocational & Technical-Mixed Traditional/Nontraditional||Baccalaureate/Associate's Colleges: Associate's Dominant|
|Institution Level||Less than 2 yrs||At least 2 yrs but < 4 yrs|
|Institution Control||Public||Private, for profit|
|Total Faculty||26 staff||39 staff|
|Total Sports Offered||2 sports|
|Sports||Bowling, Flag FootballBowling, Flag Football,|
Source: 2019 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- Belmont College offers more than 28 degrees and 24 certificate programs in disciplines such as: Allied Health, Associate of Arts and Sciences, Building Preservation/Restoration, Business, Engineering Technology, Information Technology, Industrial Trades, and Public Safety. Belmont grants two-year associate degrees and certificates.
- Noncredit classes are also offered through the Workforce and Community Education Office, including CDL Truck Driver Training, Pharmacy Technician, Real Estate, and more.
- The College's Main Campus Academic Technical Center in St. Clairsville, Ohio houses the Applied Technology and Innovation Center (ATIC), Dowler Hall, student services, Student Success Center, business office, computer laboratories, administrative services, cafeteria, student lounge area and a full-service bookstore. Furthermore, the College`s Health Sciences Center, the region`s premier healthcare education facility, is home to all Belmont College Nursing programs. The building features state-of-the-art classrooms and science labs for biology, anatomy, and chemistry. Also on campus are: The Mechanical Technology Center (HVAC program), Fire Sciences Center (firefighter program), and the Science and Engineering Building (BPR and welding programs) which is located on OUE's campus.
- Since 1978, the College has been accredited by The Higher Learning Commission and is a member of the North Central Association; it has continued to meet a high standard of accreditation.
Profile last updated:
The nearest community college to Belmont College is Ohio University-Eastern Campus (4.5 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 512 students | 4.50 Mi45425 National Rd W
Saint Clairsville, OH 43950
(740) 695-1720 4.50512
- 1,541 students | 12.90 Mi1704 Market St.
Wheeling, WV 26003
(304) 233-5900 12.901,541
- 13,940 students | 25.80 Mi4000 Sunset Blvd
Steubenville, OH 43952
(740) 264-5591 25.8013,940
- 2,168 students | 35.70 Mi330 University Dr N.E.
New Philadelphia, OH 44663
(330) 339-3391 35.702,168
- 237 students | 39.10 Mi242 Oak Spring Road
Washington, PA 15301
(724) 222-5330 39.10237
Are you paying too much for community college textbooks? Learn about how you can save money on your textbooks, ranging from tips on how to find the best used deals to even renting your textbooks.
Hunting for a job is always nerve-wracking but even more so in the aftermath of a global pandemic. Read on to learn some job-hunting tactics and tips for remote interviewing.
May 18, 2021
The world was ill-prepared to find itself in the midst of a global pandemic and the effects of the past year will linger for many years to come. No industry was unaffected and the pandemic brought to light inequities in many, particularly the U.S. education system. Read on to learn how the pandemic has affected community colleges and what students can expect in the future.