Kent State University at Tuscarawas
- Kent State University's eight-campus network, one of the largest regional systems in the country, serves both the development of a true living/learning approach at the Kent Campus and regional needs on seven other campuses throughout Northeast Ohio. The Kent Campus provides the resources and facilities of a large, diverse university, while the Regional Campuses - Ashtabula, East Liverpool, Geauga, Salem, Stark, Trumbull and Tuscarawas - offer the friendly, casual atmosphere of small liberal arts colleges.
- The teacher population of 78 teachers has declined by 26% over five years.
|Kent State University at Tuscarawas||(OH) Community College Avg.|
|Institution Level||Four or more years||Four or more years|
|Institution Control||Public||Private, non-profit|
|Total Faculty||78 staff||34 staff|
|Total Enrollment||2,301 students||755 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||30:1||28:1|
|# Full-Time Students||797 students||471 students|
|# Part-Time Students||1,504 students||284 students|
|% Two or more races|
|% Unknown races|
|Diversity ScoreThe chance that two students selected at random would be members of a different ethnic group. Scored from 0 to 1, a diversity score closer to 1 indicates a more diverse student body.||0.13||0.44|
|College Completion Rate|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$39,700||$31,400|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- Since its founding as a teacher-training school in 1910, Kent State has become an engine for economic, cultural and workforce development in the region and beyond as one of the premiere Ohio colleges. The university also has earned acclaim for applying new knowledge to address the needs of the communities it serves and society as a whole. Kent State University Tuscarawas Campus offers classes and coursework leading to 19 associate degrees, including a computer animation degree or veterinary assistant training degree, six bachelor's degrees and a master's degree in technology. With 272 undergraduate academic programs available on Kent State's eight-campus network and a strong financial aid program in place for qualifying students, KSU Tuscarawas is a great place to commence your college education. The Tuscarawas Campus offers 19 associate degrees, six bachelor's degrees in business management, general studies, justice studies, industrial technology, nursing and technology; and the Master of Technology Degree. A recently constructed Science and Advanced Technology Center provides 50,000-square-feet of laboratory and classroom space for science, nursing and workforce development. Currently, the Tuscarawas Campus is conducting a fundraising campaign to construct a 55,000-square-foot, $13.5 million Fine and Performing Arts center that will enable the campus to expand academic and cultural programming. Kent State University is accredited without reservation by the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools. In addition, programs at Kent State Tuscarawas have received accreditation from organizations such as the Association of Collegiate Business Schools and Programs, the National League for Nursing Accrediting Commission Inc., the Ohio Board of Nursing and the Accreditation Board for Engineering and Technology.
- College Location Mi. Students
- 300 students | 22.50 Mi2600 6th St SW
Canton,  OH  44710
- 471 students | 26.00 Mi4300 Munson Street, NW
Canton,  OH  44718
- 4,678 students | 27.50 Mi6000 Frank Ave NW
North Canton,  OH  44720
- 14,097 students | 27.50 Mi6200 Frank Ave NW
North Canton,  OH  44720
- 1,779 students | 33.50 Mi1901 Smucker Rd
Orrville,  OH  44667
October 22, 2017
Learn about the changing tide in male enrollment at community colleges, as well as the catalysts behind the increase in men on campus.
October 20, 2017
When you first start college you may be overwhelmed by the newness of it. But keep these common mistakes in mind as you go through your first year to make sure that you are properly setup for the rest of your college career and your life thereafter.
October 09, 2017
Forget the degree! Many community college students are landing good jobs with just a community college professional certificate.