Kent State University at Tuscarawas
- Kent State University's eight-campus network, one of the largest regional systems in the country, serves both the development of a true living/learning approach at the Kent Campus and regional needs on seven other campuses throughout Northeast Ohio. The Kent Campus provides the resources and facilities of a large, diverse university, while the Regional Campuses - Ashtabula, East Liverpool, Geauga, Salem, Stark, Trumbull and Tuscarawas - offer the friendly, casual atmosphere of small liberal arts colleges.
- The teacher population of 78 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Kent State University at Tuscarawas||(OH) Community College Avg.|
|Institution Level||Four or more years||Four or more years|
|Institution Control||Public||Private, non-profit|
|Total Faculty||78 staff||35 staff|
|Total Enrollment||2,301 students||734 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||30:1||27:1|
|# Full-Time Students||797 students||450 students|
|# Part-Time Students||1,504 students||284 students|
|% Two or more races|
|% Unknown races|
|College Completion Rate|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$39,700||$30,800|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- Since its founding as a teacher-training school in 1910, Kent State has become an engine for economic, cultural and workforce development in the region and beyond as one of the premiere Ohio colleges. The university also has earned acclaim for applying new knowledge to address the needs of the communities it serves and society as a whole. Kent State University Tuscarawas Campus offers classes and coursework leading to 19 associate degrees, including a computer animation degree or veterinary assistant training degree, six bachelor's degrees and a master's degree in technology. With 272 undergraduate academic programs available on Kent State's eight-campus network and a strong financial aid program in place for qualifying students, KSU Tuscarawas is a great place to commence your college education. The Tuscarawas Campus offers 19 associate degrees, six bachelor's degrees in business management, general studies, justice studies, industrial technology, nursing and technology; and the Master of Technology Degree. A recently constructed Science and Advanced Technology Center provides 50,000-square-feet of laboratory and classroom space for science, nursing and workforce development. Currently, the Tuscarawas Campus is conducting a fundraising campaign to construct a 55,000-square-foot, $13.5 million Fine and Performing Arts center that will enable the campus to expand academic and cultural programming. Kent State University is accredited without reservation by the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools. In addition, programs at Kent State Tuscarawas have received accreditation from organizations such as the Association of Collegiate Business Schools and Programs, the National League for Nursing Accrediting Commission Inc., the Ohio Board of Nursing and the Accreditation Board for Engineering and Technology.
- The nearest community college to Kent State University at Tuscarawas is Aultman College (22.1 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 343 students | 22.10 Mi2600 Sixth St SW
Canton,  OH  44710
- 471 students | 26.00 Mi4300 Munson Street, NW
Canton,  OH  44718
- 4,678 students | 27.50 Mi6000 Frank Ave NW
North Canton,  OH  44720
- 14,097 students | 27.50 Mi6200 Frank Ave NW
North Canton,  OH  44720
- 1,779 students | 33.50 Mi1901 Smucker Rd
Orrville,  OH  44667
Do you have a right to use profanity on campus? Read about one community college that is fining its students for cussing.
Going to college is hard work but it’s even more challenging for nontraditional students who are working or raising a family at the same time. If you’re considering community college to improve your life or further your career, here’s everything you need to know.
Many students enter community college with the intent of transferring to a four-year college or university. Unfortunately, the path can be fraught with challenges. Articulation agreements between schools help students navigate the pitfalls to ensure an easier, more successful transition.