Antelope Valley College
- Antelope Valley College is a comprehensive community college, serving students attending college for the first time and those returning after a long interval an opportunity to pursue degree or certificate programs, satisfy transfer requirements, or attend vocational training. Students seeking opportunities to advance careers or enhance personal growth are also valued members of the Antelope Valley College community.
The teacher population of 317 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Antelope Valley College||(CA) Community College Avg.|
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Total Faculty||317 staff||97 staff|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- Antelope Valley College is a comprehensive community college in the California Community College System dedicated to providing services to a broad range of students with a variety of educational goals. Antelope Valley College is dedicated to providing educational programs and services as expressed in the California Master Plan for Higher Education. The College is committed to equal educational opportunity and reinforces that commitment through a program of active affirmation of diversity. Antelope Valley College is dedicated to meeting the dynamic needs of a changing community. The College addresses the educational needs of a diverse and evolving population. The College recognizes that it is uniquely capable of responding to the requirements of regional business, industry, and public service, as well as the social and cultural needs of the Antelope Valley. Antelope Valley College affirms the rights of the individual and respects human dignity. The programs and activities of the College foster the individual's ability to think clearly, critically, and independently to meet the demands of an increasingly complex society. The student is the primary concern of the College. The curriculum, activities, and services of the College help students understand their physical, cultural, ethnic, and social environment. The preservation of academic freedom provides a college environment in which students and faculty can examine ideas freely.
- College Location Mi. Students
- 5,217 students | 24.90 Mi29 Cougar Court
Taft,  CA  93268
(661) 763-7700 24.905,217
- 772 students | 28.00 Mi44055 Sierra Highway
Lancaster,  CA  93534
(661) 726-1911 28.00772
- 17,148 students | 28.60 Mi26455 Rockwell Canyon Rd
Valencia,  CA  91355
(661) 259-7800 28.6017,148
- 10,191 students | 36.30 Mi13356 Eldridge Avenue
Sylmar,  CA  91342
(818) 364-7600 36.3010,191
- 13,880 students | 38.40 Mi7075 Campus Rd
Moorpark,  CA  93021
(805) 378-1400 38.4013,880
With serious mental health issues on the rise on college campuses nationwide, community colleges are scrambling to provide expanded mental health services to students.
We examine a new report at USA Today that shows employment rates for community college graduates have skyrocketed - and which of the fields where a community college degree is particularly helpful.
Who says college is just for the 18 - 22 year old crowd? In fact, more community colleges are recruiting students over the age of 50 - and for good reason!