- What are the Biggest Issues Facing Community Colleges Today? New Study has Answers
- Why Four Year Community College Degrees May Be Great for California
- North Carolina Community Colleges: Pioneering Increased Enrollment and Early Graduation Rates
- Arizona Community Colleges Defunded: What Students Need to Know
- Community College Expelled Nursing Student for Placenta Facebook Picture: The Controversy
Community college teachers, students, and administrators have been buoyed by Obama's continued focus on these historically under-appreciated institutions of higher education. Obama believes that community colleges must play a key role in helping America to recover from the recession and to regain its place as an educational leader in the developed world.
Obama's Ongoing Support for Community Colleges
When Obama and his vice president Joe Biden were sworn into office, community college administrators were hopeful that their institutions would finally receive more support from the federal government. Joe Biden's wife, Jill, is a professor at Northern Virginia Community College, and she called community colleges one of America's "best-kept secrets" at a speech in July.