- Arizona Community Colleges Defunded: What Students Need to Know
- New Analysis Shows How California Community Colleges Could Cut Millions in Spending
- College Destroyed on 9/11 Reopens to Students
- The Fight to Save the City College of San Francisco
- North Carolina Community Colleges: Pioneering Increased Enrollment and Early Graduation Rates
Community college teachers, students, and administrators have been buoyed by Obama's continued focus on these historically under-appreciated institutions of higher education. Obama believes that community colleges must play a key role in helping America to recover from the recession and to regain its place as an educational leader in the developed world.
Obama's Ongoing Support for Community Colleges
When Obama and his vice president Joe Biden were sworn into office, community college administrators were hopeful that their institutions would finally receive more support from the federal government. Joe Biden's wife, Jill, is a professor at Northern Virginia Community College, and she called community colleges one of America's "best-kept secrets" at a speech in July.