Yorktowne Business Institute (Closed 2015)
- The teacher population of 10 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Yorktowne Business Institute||(PA) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||Less than 2 yrs||At least 2 yrs but < 4 yrs|
|Institution Control||Public||Private, non-profit|
|Total Faculty||10 staff||25 staff|
|Total Enrollment||105 students||618 students|
|# Full-Time Students||98 students||372 students|
|# Part-Time Students||7 students||246 students|
|College Completion Rate (Year 2015)|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$25,300||$34,800|
Source: 2015 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- The nearest community college to Yorktowne Business Institute is Pennsylvania State University-Penn State York (1.2 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 1,172 students | 1.20 Mi1031 Edgecomb Avenue
York,  PA  17403
- 1,677 students | 2.60 Mi1405 Williams Road
York,  PA  17402
- 224 students | 21.00 Mi204 N Prince St
Lancaster,  PA  17608
- 217 students | 21.20 Mi5650 Derry St
Harrisburg,  PA  17111
- 1,447 students | 21.30 Mi410 N Lime Street
Lancaster,  PA  17602
Complaints about the current system of accrediting community colleges, combined with the quickly changing scope of community college education and how it’s delivered, may soon necessitate changes in the way that community college programs are accredited.
Community college enrollment is in decline, but some schools are refusing to roll over. Read on to learn the factors impacting enrollment rates and what some schools are doing to stay afloat.
In a time of change, the LGBTQ community is receiving more support than ever and the world is changing with each passing year. As a young adult member of the LGBTQ community, you have unique opportunities to take advantage of when preparing to enter college if you choose to. Keep reading to learn what you can expect to see during your college search and how best to prepare for your freshman year.