Yorktowne Business Institute (Closed 2015)
- The teacher population of 10 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Yorktowne Business Institute||(PA) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||Less than 2 yrs||At least 2 yrs but < 4 yrs|
|Institution Control||Public||Private, non-profit|
|Total Faculty||10 staff||25 staff|
|Total Enrollment||105 students||618 students|
|# Full-Time Students||98 students||372 students|
|# Part-Time Students||7 students||246 students|
|College Completion Rate (Year 2015)|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$25,300||$34,800|
Source: 2015 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- The nearest community college to Yorktowne Business Institute is Pennsylvania State University-Penn State York (1.2 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 1,172 students | 1.20 Mi1031 Edgecomb Avenue
York,  PA  17403
- 1,677 students | 2.60 Mi1405 Williams Road
York,  PA  17402
- 224 students | 21.00 Mi204 N Prince St
Lancaster,  PA  17608
- 217 students | 21.20 Mi5650 Derry St
Harrisburg,  PA  17111
- 1,447 students | 21.30 Mi410 N Lime Street
Lancaster,  PA  17602
We look at why millions of Americans are choosing community college over a traditional four-year school today.
Though homeschoolers often get a bad rap, they are some of the highest performing students in the country - especially in college. Keep reading to learn more about community college for homeschoolers including tips for applying and preparing for college.
Remedial education exists to help struggling students succeed in college-level classes. Unfortunately, the existing model may be doing more harm than good. Keep reading to learn more about the history of remedial education and what community colleges are doing to change it.