Wharton County Junior College
- Wharton County Junior College is a public, two-year, comprehensive community college offering a wide range of postsecondary educational programs and services including associate degrees, certificates, continuing-education courses, cultural affairs, and leisure-time activities for the benefit of the community and a population of students that varies in age, background, and ability.
Quick Stats (2023)
- Enrollment: 6,099 students
- In-state tuition: $3,446
- Out-state tuition: $4,214
- Student:teacher ratio: 14:1
- Minority enrollment: 64%
- Source: Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS)
Wharton County Junior College ranks among the top 20% of public schools in Texas for:
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
- WCJC is a multi-campus, comprehensive community college created in 1946 to serve the educational needs of Wharton County and adjacent counties in the Gulf Coast Region of Texas. The college offers associate in arts, associate of arts in teaching, and associate in applied science degrees, transfer curricula in preparation for the baccalaureate degree, career/vocational curricula, remedial and developmental courses, adult basic education, assist under prepared students to achieve competency in basic skills, supports excellence in instruction in all academic areas and continuing-education noncredit courses and programs. Wharton County Junior College is accredited by the Commission on Colleges of the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools to award the Associate of Arts and the Associate of Applied Science degrees.
Frequently Asked Questions
How much does Wharton County Junior College cost?
Wharton County Junior College's tuition is approximately $3,446 for In-State students and $4,214 for Out-State students.
What is Wharton County Junior College's ranking?
Wharton County Junior College ranks among the top 20% of community college in Texas for: Highest graduate earnings (10 years post graduation) and Least debt for graduating students.
View the Wharton County Junior College yearly calendar below.