Wharton County Junior College
- Wharton County Junior College is a public, two-year, comprehensive community college offering a wide range of postsecondary educational programs and services including associate degrees, certificates, continuing-education courses, cultural affairs, and leisure-time activities for the benefit of the community and a population of students that varies in age, background, and ability.
Wharton County Junior College places among the top 20% of community colleges in Texas for:
- Category Attribute
- Student Earnings Highest graduate earnings (10 years post graduation)
- The teacher population of 210 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Wharton County Junior College||(TX) Community College Avg.|
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Total Faculty||210 staff||76 staff|
|Total Enrollment||7,152 students||3,921 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||34:1||35:1|
|# Full-Time Students||2,776 students||1,055 students|
|# Part-Time Students||4,376 students||2,866 students|
|Total Dormitory Capacity||159||252|
|% American Indian/Alaskan|
|% Two or more races||-|
|% Non Resident races||-|
|College Completion Rate|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$39,700||$33,800|
- WCJC is a multi-campus, comprehensive community college created in 1946 to serve the educational needs of Wharton County and adjacent counties in the Gulf Coast Region of Texas. The college offers associate in arts, associate of arts in teaching, and associate in applied science degrees, transfer curricula in preparation for the baccalaureate degree, career/vocational curricula, remedial and developmental courses, adult basic education, assist under prepared students to achieve competency in basic skills, supports excellence in instruction in all academic areas and continuing-education noncredit courses and programs. Wharton County Junior College is accredited by the Commission on Colleges of the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools to award the Associate of Arts and the Associate of Applied Science degrees.
- The nearest community college to Wharton County Junior College is Remington College-Houston Campus (41.4 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 325 students | 41.40 Mi3110 Hayes Road Suite 380
Houston,  TX  77082
- 535 students | 42.60 Mi9999 Richmond Avenue
Houston,  TX  77042
- 147 students | 43.70 Mi7277 Regency Sq Blvd
Houston,  TX  77036
- 496 students | 44.00 Mi7000 Regency Square Blvd.
Houston,  TX  77036
- 4,155 students | 45.10 Mi500 College Dr
Lake Jackson,  TX  77566