Western Technical College (La Crosse)
|Western Technical College (La Crosse)||(WI) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Associate of Arts Colleges||Associate of Arts Colleges|
|Institution Level||Less than 2 yrs||At least 2 yrs but < 4 yrs|
|Total Faculty||- staff||167 staff|
|Total Enrollment||4,630 students||3,351 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||0:1||23:1|
|# Full-Time Students||2,012 students||1,122 students|
|# Part-Time Students||2,618 students||2,229 students|
|Total Dormitory Capacity||-||100|
|% American Indian/Alaskan|
|% Two or more races|
|% Unknown races|
|College Completion Rate|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$33,500||$33,700|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- The essential experience is what you get at Western. You don't just sit at a desk and learn. You get out of your chair and actually do it. Interactive classes and internships get you the skills you need when you graduate. Classes are rarely boring. And they can get you into the work world fast; most programs can be completed in two years or less.
- So how can you get those skills? From our highly-trained faculty. They've actually worked in their areas of expertise and can bring you real-life experience and knowledge. The skills you learn now will help you in your career later.
- So, how do we know you're getting the essential skills employers want? We ask them. Hundreds of local employers sit on advisory boards for every program we offer, telling us what kinds of skills work for their businesses. It's only one of the ways we stay current.
- While we know learning is important, we also know it doesn't just happen in the classroom. Student clubs, athletics, intramural sports, service learning activities, and residence halls, give you the true college experience.
- So when you are looking for the college that's right for you, consider Western. It's where you get the essential experience.
- The nearest community college to Western Technical College (La Crosse) is Minnesota State College-Southeast Technical (23.4 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 2,177 students | 23.40 Mi1250 Homer Rd
Winona,  MN  55987
- 7,153 students | 54.10 Mi1625 Hwy 150
Calmar,  IA  52132
- 5,894 students | 59.90 Mi851 30th Ave SE
Rochester,  MN  55904
- 495 students | 62.20 Mi300 University Square 111 South Broadway
Rochester,  MN  55904
- 2,334 students | 64.70 Mi1800 Bronson Blvd
Fennimore,  WI  53809
Complaints about the current system of accrediting community colleges, combined with the quickly changing scope of community college education and how it’s delivered, may soon necessitate changes in the way that community college programs are accredited.
Community college enrollment is in decline, but some schools are refusing to roll over. Read on to learn the factors impacting enrollment rates and what some schools are doing to stay afloat.
In a time of change, the LGBTQ community is receiving more support than ever and the world is changing with each passing year. As a young adult member of the LGBTQ community, you have unique opportunities to take advantage of when preparing to enter college if you choose to. Keep reading to learn what you can expect to see during your college search and how best to prepare for your freshman year.