Western Technical College (La Crosse)
|Western Technical College (La Crosse)||(WI) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Associate of Arts Colleges||Associate of Arts Colleges|
|Institution Level||Less than 2 yrs||At least 2 yrs but < 4 yrs|
|Total Faculty||- staff||167 staff|
|Total Enrollment||4,630 students||3,351 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||0:1||23:1|
|# Full-Time Students||2,012 students||1,122 students|
|# Part-Time Students||2,618 students||2,229 students|
|Total Dormitory Capacity||-||100|
|% American Indian/Alaskan|
|% Two or more races|
|% Unknown races|
|College Completion Rate|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$33,500||$33,700|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- The essential experience is what you get at Western. You don't just sit at a desk and learn. You get out of your chair and actually do it. Interactive classes and internships get you the skills you need when you graduate. Classes are rarely boring. And they can get you into the work world fast; most programs can be completed in two years or less.
- So how can you get those skills? From our highly-trained faculty. They've actually worked in their areas of expertise and can bring you real-life experience and knowledge. The skills you learn now will help you in your career later.
- So, how do we know you're getting the essential skills employers want? We ask them. Hundreds of local employers sit on advisory boards for every program we offer, telling us what kinds of skills work for their businesses. It's only one of the ways we stay current.
- While we know learning is important, we also know it doesn't just happen in the classroom. Student clubs, athletics, intramural sports, service learning activities, and residence halls, give you the true college experience.
- So when you are looking for the college that's right for you, consider Western. It's where you get the essential experience.
- The nearest community college to Western Technical College (La Crosse) is Minnesota State College-Southeast Technical (23.2 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 2,177 students | 23.20 Mi1250 Homer Rd
Winona,  MN  55987
- 6,045 students | 55.40 Mi1625 Hwy 150
Calmar,  IA  52132
- 495 students | 58.30 Mi300 University Square 111 South Broadway
Rochester,  MN  55904
- 5,894 students | 60.10 Mi851 30th Ave SE
Rochester,  MN  55904
- 183 students | 64.80 Mi2521 Pennington Drive NW
Rochester,  MN  55901
Air traffic controllers enjoy secure, interesting work. Earning a degree in ATC at a community college is an excellent first step to securing a job.
The role of community colleges in the world of higher education has expanded over the years and, as the country works to recover from the coronavirus pandemic, they may be more important now than ever. Read on to learn more about the changing role of community colleges.
Colleges across the country are struggling to recover from the massive upheaval to the 2019-20 semester wrought by COVID-19. Housing refunds and slashed budgets are bound to have long-term impacts for the institutions that survive. Some experts suggest community colleges may be the best equipped to ride out the storm and may have the greatest impact in helping America recover.