Western Technical College (La Crosse)
|Western Technical College (La Crosse)||(WI) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Associate of Arts Colleges||Associate of Arts Colleges|
|Institution Level||Less than 2 yrs||At least 2 yrs but < 4 yrs|
|Total Faculty||- staff||167 staff|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- The essential experience is what you get at Western. You don't just sit at a desk and learn. You get out of your chair and actually do it. Interactive classes and internships get you the skills you need when you graduate. Classes are rarely boring. And they can get you into the work world fast; most programs can be completed in two years or less.
- So how can you get those skills? From our highly-trained faculty. They've actually worked in their areas of expertise and can bring you real-life experience and knowledge. The skills you learn now will help you in your career later.
- So, how do we know you're getting the essential skills employers want? We ask them. Hundreds of local employers sit on advisory boards for every program we offer, telling us what kinds of skills work for their businesses. It's only one of the ways we stay current.
- While we know learning is important, we also know it doesn't just happen in the classroom. Student clubs, athletics, intramural sports, service learning activities, and residence halls, give you the true college experience.
- So when you are looking for the college that's right for you, consider Western. It's where you get the essential experience.
The nearest community college to Western Technical College (La Crosse) is Minnesota State College-Southeast Technical (23.2 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 2,177 students | 23.20 Mi1250 Homer Rd
Winona,  MN  55987
(507) 453-2700 23.202,177
- 6,045 students | 55.40 Mi1625 Hwy 150
Calmar,  IA  52132
(833) 642-2338 55.406,045
- 495 students | 58.30 Mi300 University Square 111 South Broadway
Rochester,  MN  55904
(877) 280-4699 58.30495
- 5,894 students | 60.10 Mi851 30th Ave SE
Rochester,  MN  55904
(507) 285-7210 60.105,894
- 183 students | 64.80 Mi2521 Pennington Drive NW
Rochester,  MN  55901
(507) 536-9500 64.80183
With serious mental health issues on the rise on college campuses nationwide, community colleges are scrambling to provide expanded mental health services to students.
We examine a new report at USA Today that shows employment rates for community college graduates have skyrocketed - and which of the fields where a community college degree is particularly helpful.
Who says college is just for the 18 - 22 year old crowd? In fact, more community colleges are recruiting students over the age of 50 - and for good reason!