Western Technical College (La Crosse)
|Western Technical College (La Crosse)||(WI) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Associate of Arts Colleges||Associate of Arts Colleges|
|Institution Level||Less than 2 yrs||At least 2 yrs but < 4 yrs|
|Total Faculty||- staff||167 staff|
|Total Enrollment||4,630 students||3,351 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||0:1||23:1|
|# Full-Time Students||2,012 students||1,122 students|
|# Part-Time Students||2,618 students||2,229 students|
|Total Dormitory Capacity||-||100|
|% American Indian/Alaskan|
|% Two or more races|
|% Unknown races|
|College Completion Rate|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$33,500||$33,700|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- The essential experience is what you get at Western. You don't just sit at a desk and learn. You get out of your chair and actually do it. Interactive classes and internships get you the skills you need when you graduate. Classes are rarely boring. And they can get you into the work world fast; most programs can be completed in two years or less.
- So how can you get those skills? From our highly-trained faculty. They've actually worked in their areas of expertise and can bring you real-life experience and knowledge. The skills you learn now will help you in your career later.
- So, how do we know you're getting the essential skills employers want? We ask them. Hundreds of local employers sit on advisory boards for every program we offer, telling us what kinds of skills work for their businesses. It's only one of the ways we stay current.
- While we know learning is important, we also know it doesn't just happen in the classroom. Student clubs, athletics, intramural sports, service learning activities, and residence halls, give you the true college experience.
- So when you are looking for the college that's right for you, consider Western. It's where you get the essential experience.
- The nearest community college to Western Technical College (La Crosse) is Minnesota State College-Southeast Technical (23.4 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 2,177 students | 23.40 Mi1250 Homer Rd
Winona,  MN  55987
- 6,045 students | 54.10 Mi1625 Hwy 150
Calmar,  IA  52132
- 5,894 students | 59.90 Mi851 30th Ave SE
Rochester,  MN  55904
- 495 students | 62.20 Mi300 University Square 111 South Broadway
Rochester,  MN  55904
- 2,334 students | 64.70 Mi1800 Bronson Blvd
Fennimore,  WI  53809
If you are interested in sleep, then a polysomnography career may be right for you. Learn about how you can begin this lucrative career in studying sleep disorders at your local community college.
The current state of the United States education system is up in the air as COVID-19 spreads across the nation. Graduating high school seniors may find it necessary to change their plans for the fall of 2020 and many are considering a gap year.
In the wake of the COVID-19 crisis, businesses around the country are facing setbacks - colleges included. Read on to learn more about the impact of the pandemic on higher education in the United States.