West Virginia Business College-Wheeling (Closed 2017)
- The teacher population of 7 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|West Virginia Business College-Wheeling||(WV) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||Less than 2 yrs||At least 2 yrs but < 4 yrs|
|Institution Control||Private, for profit||Public|
|Total Faculty||7 staff||49 staff|
|Total Enrollment||125 students||1,060 students|
|# Full-Time Students||125 students||435 students|
|% Unknown races|
|College Completion Rate (Year 2015)|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$19,400||$25,000|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- West Virginia Business College a long established private institution founded in 1881, nationally accredited and locally owned. WVBC is a co-educational institution offering diploma and specialized associate degree programs. The Wheeling Campus, at 1052 Main Street, is conveniently located in regard to restaurants, parking facilities and public transportation. WVBC occupies a modern 11,000 square feet, multi-level building to meet the needs of the student body. A branch campus is located in Nutter Fort, WV to serve central WV. West Virginia Business College offers a variety of programs ranging in length from nine months to eighteen months. Diploma Programs are offered in Business Management/Accounting Program, Secretarial Sciences/ Executive Secretary, Secretarial Sciences/ Legal Secretary, Secretarial Sciences/ Medical Secretary, Computer Applications/ Accounting and Computer Applications/ Secretarial. Specialized Associate Programs includes Office Administration/Executive Secretary, Office Administration/Medical Assistant, Office Administration/Medical Secretary. West Virginia Business College is accredited by the Accrediting Council for Independent Colleges and Schools to award Diplomas and Specialized Associates Degrees.
- The nearest community college to West Virginia Business College-Wheeling is West Virginia Northern Community College (0.4 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 1,923 students | 0.40 Mi1704 Market St.
Wheeling,  WV  26003
- 1,042 students | 12.90 Mi120 Fox Shannon Place
Saint Clairsville,  OH  43950
- 1,078 students | 13.40 Mi45425 National Rd W
Saint Clairsville,  OH  43950
- n/a students | 21.40 Mi4000 Sunset Blvd
Steubenville,  OH  43952
- 335 students | 26.90 Mi242 Oak Spring Road
Washington,  PA  15301
As careers in science, technology, engineering, and math become more prevalent, community colleges are shifting their focus to meet demand and secure their place in a rapidly changing educational landscape.
The cost of obtaining a college degree is high, especially at private universities. Students can save a great deal by choosing community college, but there are still other costs to consider. Read on to learn what costs to expect in community college and to learn some essential money management tips.
You’ve heard the saying that a chain is only as strong as its weakest link. Unfortunately, many community college students find that their academic chain in school is full of weak links. Read on to learn the challenges that keep community college students from achieving success and what schools and students can do to resolve those issues.