Wentworth Military Academy & College
The teacher population of 34 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Wentworth Military Academy & College||(MO) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Associate of Arts Colleges||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||At least 2 yrs but < 4 yrs||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Institution Control||Private, non-profit||Private, non-profit|
|Total Faculty||34 staff||32 staff|
|Total Sports Offered||6 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Cross Country, Soccer, Volleyball, WrestlingBaseball, Basketball,|
Cross Country, Soccer,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||8 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Army ROTC, Drill Team, International Club, Paintball, Phi Theta Kappa
Arts and Music Programs:
Band, Choir, Color Guard
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- Wentworth College, one of the oldest two year colleges west of the Mississippi, was organized in 1923 as an outgrowth of Wentworth Military Academy, which was established in 1880. ?On our main campus in Lexington, Missouri, Wentworth College is a private, co-educational boarding and non-boarding two- year college. A small group of students are additionally enrolled in a highly regarded United States Army ROTC Cadet Command program at Wentworth.
- Wentworth is accredited by and associated with The North Central Association of Colleges and Schools, The Higher Learning Commission of the NCA, Missouri Coordinating Board for Higher Education, Missouri Department of Elementary and Secondary Education, National Association of Independent Colleges and Universities, Council of North Central Two Year Colleges and the American Association of Community Colleges.
The nearest community college to Wentworth Military Academy & College is Metropolitan Community College-Blue River (26.0 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- n/a students | 26.00 Mi20301 East 78 Highway
Independence,  MO  64057
- 646 students | 27.70 Mi3620 Arrowhead Avenue
Independence,  MO  64057
(816) 412-7700 27.70646
- 638 students | 33.60 Mi8955 E 38th Terrace
Kansas City,  MO  64129
(816) 861-1000 33.60638
- n/a students | 34.00 Mi1775 Universal Avenue
Kansas City,  MO  64120
- n/a students | 36.10 Mi2601 NE Barry Road
Kansas City,  MO  64156
With serious mental health issues on the rise on college campuses nationwide, community colleges are scrambling to provide expanded mental health services to students.
We examine a new report at USA Today that shows employment rates for community college graduates have skyrocketed - and which of the fields where a community college degree is particularly helpful.
Who says college is just for the 18 - 22 year old crowd? In fact, more community colleges are recruiting students over the age of 50 - and for good reason!