Wentworth Military Academy & College
- The teacher population of 34 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Wentworth Military Academy & College||(MO) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Associate of Arts Colleges||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||At least 2 yrs but < 4 yrs||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Institution Control||Private, non-profit||Private, non-profit|
|Total Faculty||34 staff||32 staff|
|Total Enrollment||851 students||1,126 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||25:1||27:1|
|# Full-Time Students||348 students||514 students|
|# Part-Time Students||501 students||612 students|
|Total Dormitory Capacity||-||200|
|% American Indian/Alaskan|
|% Two or more races|
|% Non Resident races|
|% Unknown races|
|College Completion Rate|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$30,000||$31,000|
|Total Sports Offered||6 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Cross Country, Soccer, Volleyball, WrestlingBaseball, Basketball,|
Cross Country, Soccer,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||8 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Army ROTC, Drill Team, International Club, Paintball, Phi Theta Kappa
Arts and Music Programs:
Band, Choir, Color Guard
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- Wentworth College, one of the oldest two year colleges west of the Mississippi, was organized in 1923 as an outgrowth of Wentworth Military Academy, which was established in 1880. ?On our main campus in Lexington, Missouri, Wentworth College is a private, co-educational boarding and non-boarding two- year college. A small group of students are additionally enrolled in a highly regarded United States Army ROTC Cadet Command program at Wentworth.
- Wentworth is accredited by and associated with The North Central Association of Colleges and Schools, The Higher Learning Commission of the NCA, Missouri Coordinating Board for Higher Education, Missouri Department of Elementary and Secondary Education, National Association of Independent Colleges and Universities, Council of North Central Two Year Colleges and the American Association of Community Colleges.
- The nearest community college to Wentworth Military Academy & College is Metropolitan Community College-Blue River (26.3 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- n/a students | 26.30 Mi20301 East 78 Highway
Independence,  MO  64057
- 646 students | 27.80 Mi3620 Arrowhead Avenue
Independence,  MO  64057
- 638 students | 33.60 Mi8955 E 38th Terrace
Kansas City,  MO  64129
- n/a students | 34.00 Mi1775 Universal Avenue
Kansas City,  MO  64120
- n/a students | 36.10 Mi2601 NE Barry Road
Kansas City,  MO  64156
Against massive budget cuts, community colleges have been forced to take drastic measures, including cutting entire programs ranging from the culinary arts to athletics.
Many students enroll in community college with the intent of transferring to a four-year school. Of those who do, many succeed, and yet traditional colleges and universities continue to overlook them. Read on to learn more about why more community college students don’t transfer schools and to receive some tips for making the transfer yourself.
Community college is the only option for many students who either can’t afford a traditional four-year university or who need a more flexible school environment. Just because community college is different, however, doesn’t mean that its students matter any less. The Aspen Prize exists to encourage community colleges to do more for their students and to continually strive for improvement.