The Art Institute of Seattle
Tel: (206) 448-0900
- The mission of The Art Institute of Seattle is to provide higher education programs that prepare students for careers in design, technology, business, and hospitality related fields. Graduates are prepared for entry-level positions and career/professional advancement in their chosen fields through curricula that emphasize technical and communication skills needed in the field, taught by faculty who are, or have been, working professionals, in an environment that encourages free expression, leadership and responsible decision making.
The teacher population of 57 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|The Art Institute of Seattle||(WA) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||Less than 2 yrs||Four or more years|
|Institution Control||Private, for profit||Public|
|Total Faculty||57 staff||157 staff|
Source: 2019 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- Founded in 1946 as the Burnley School for Professional Art, The Art Institute of Seattle has a proud history as a part of the Seattle community and a contributor to the creative industries in the Northwest. The Art Institute of Seattle achieved a major milestone in 1999 when it was granted regional accreditation by the Northwest Commis-sion on Colleges and Universities. In 2003, The Art Institute of Seattle was granted informal candidacy at the baccalaureate level to offer Bachelor of Fine Arts degree programs in Media Arts & Animation, Graphic Design, and Interior Design. The college offers progrms in Continuing Education. Associate of Applied Arts degree is awarded in Animation Art & Design, Audio Production, Culinary Arts, Fashion Design, Fashion Marketing, Graphic Design, Industrial Design Technology, Interactive Media Design, Interior Design, Photography and Video Production. Associate of Applied Arts Diploma is awarded in the field of Baking & Pastry. Diploma is given for Digital Design, Residential Design and The Art of Cooking. Bachelor of Fine Arts degree is given in Graphic Design, Interior Design and Media Arts & Animation. The Art Institute of Seattle is accredited by the Northwest Commission on Colleges and Universities ("NWCCU"), an institutional accrediting body recognized by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation and the U.S. Department of Education.
The nearest community college to The Art Institute of Seattle is Seattle Central College (1.4 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 6,802 students | 1.40 Mi1701 Broadway Avenue
Seattle,  WA  98122
(206) 934-3800 1.406,802
- 6,177 students | 4.20 Mi6000 16th Ave SW
Seattle,  WA  98106
(206) 934-5300 4.206,177
- 468 students | 6.10 Mi9709 Third Ave NE Suite 400
Seattle,  WA  98115
(206) 322-6100 6.10468
- 5,929 students | 6.30 Mi9600 College Way North
Seattle,  WA  98103
(206) 934-3600 6.305,929
- 5,949 students | 9.40 Mi16101 Greenwood Ave N
Shoreline,  WA  98133
(206) 546-4101 9.405,949
Learn about how the community college tuition hikes in the next year may be greater than the rate of inflation.
In light of the huge budget cuts facing California community colleges, class rationing is now on the table as one option to help schools stay in the black. Is it right, fair or even practical? We’ll explore the issue.
Learn about how some convicted criminals abused community colleges' financial aid programs and why Congress has decided to prohibit criminals from being eligible for future aid.