Volunteer State Community College
- Volunteer State Community College is a public, comprehensive community college offering associate degrees and technical certificates. The institution is committed to excellence in serving the citizens of northern Middle Tennessee. Volunteer State is committed to providing quality innovative educational programs; strengthening community and workforce partnerships; addressing the needs of a global society; promoting cultural and economic development; inspiring lifelong learning; and preparing students for successful careers, university transfer, and meaningful civic participation through the use of exemplary faculty and staff.
- Enrollment: 9,144 students
- In-state tuition: $3,801
- Out-state tuition: $14,865
- Student:teacher ratio: 15:1
- Minority enrollment: 22%
- Source: Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS)
Volunteer State Community College ranks among the top 20% of public schools in Tennessee for:
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
- Volunteer State Community College is a public two-year community college in Gallatin, Tenn., serving a twelve-county region including the counties of Clay, Davidson, Jackson, Macon, Overton, Pickett, Putnam, Robertson, Smith, Sumner, Trousdale and Wilson. The College is committed to the education of a non-racially identifiable student body. Volunteer State offers the Associate of Arts and Associate of Science Transfer Degrees in more than 40 Areas of Emphasis. The college also offer the Associate of Applied Science Career Programs in the fields of Allied Health, Business, Math and Science, and Social Science and Education. Technical Certificates are offered in Allied Health and Business. Volunteer State Community College is accredited by the Commission on Colleges of the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools to award the Associate Degree and holds membership in the American Association of Community and Junior Colleges, and the Southern Association of Junior Colleges and the Tennessee College Association.