Volunteer State Community College
- Volunteer State Community College is a public, comprehensive community college offering associate degrees and technical certificates. The institution is committed to excellence in serving the citizens of northern Middle Tennessee. Volunteer State is committed to providing quality innovative educational programs; strengthening community and workforce partnerships; addressing the needs of a global society; promoting cultural and economic development; inspiring lifelong learning; and preparing students for successful careers, university transfer, and meaningful civic participation through the use of exemplary faculty and staff.
- The teacher population of 232 teachers has declined by 21% over five years.
|Volunteer State Community College||(TN) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||Less than 2 yrs||Four or more years|
|Institution Control||Public||Private, non-profit|
|Total Faculty||232 staff||29 staff|
|Total Enrollment||7,664 students||631 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||33:1||30:1|
|# Full-Time Students||3,377 students||369 students|
|# Part-Time Students||4,287 students||262 students|
|% Two or more races|
|% Non Resident races||-||-|
|% Unknown races|
|College Completion Rate|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$32,900||$29,400|
- Volunteer State Community College is a public two-year community college in Gallatin, Tenn., serving a twelve-county region including the counties of Clay, Davidson, Jackson, Macon, Overton, Pickett, Putnam, Robertson, Smith, Sumner, Trousdale and Wilson. The College is committed to the education of a non-racially identifiable student body. Volunteer State offers the Associate of Arts and Associate of Science Transfer Degrees in more than 40 Areas of Emphasis. The college also offer the Associate of Applied Science Career Programs in the fields of Allied Health, Business, Math and Science, and Social Science and Education. Technical Certificates are offered in Allied Health and Business. Volunteer State Community College is accredited by the Commission on Colleges of the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools to award the Associate Degree and holds membership in the American Association of Community and Junior Colleges, and the Southern Association of Junior Colleges and the Tennessee College Association.
- The nearest community college to Volunteer State Community College is Lincoln College of Technology-Nashville (12.1 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 1,782 students | 12.10 Mi1524 Gallatin Rd
Nashville,  TN  37206
- 300 students | 12.10 Mi590 Cheron Rd
Madison,  TN  37115
- 319 students | 12.60 Mi1515 Gallatin Pike North
Madison,  TN  37115
- 380 students | 17.30 Mi441 Donelson Pk Ste 150
Nashville,  TN  37214
- 369 students | 19.00 Mi750 Envious Lane
Nashville,  TN  37217