- The Victoria College is a multipurpose open-access public community college serving Victoria and the surrounding counties. Its mission is to create and provide high-quality educational programs and services which fulfill the needs of the individual and the community for intellectual growth, workforce training, and cultural and personal enrichment.
Victoria College places among the top 20% of community colleges in Texas for:
- Category Attribute
- Student Earnings Highest graduate earnings (10 years post graduation)
- The teacher population of 186 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Victoria College||(TX) Community College Avg.|
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Total Faculty||186 staff||76 staff|
|Total Enrollment||4,146 students||3,921 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||22:1||35:1|
|# Full-Time Students||1,165 students||1,055 students|
|# Part-Time Students||2,981 students||2,866 students|
|% Non Resident races||-|
|% Unknown races|
|College Completion Rate|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$39,100||$33,800|
- The Victoria Junior College was established as a part of the Victoria school system on February 4, 1925. During the first session of operation classes were conducted on the third floor of the Patti Welder High School while a new building was being constructed to house the college. This building, which joined the Patti Welder Junior High school, served as the college home until the end of the 1948-49 session. VC provides high-quality, yet affordable, education throughout our seven-county service area. Since 1925, The Victoria College has prepared students for continued university education, trained students in allied health and technical careers, and worked through adult education courses to provide enrichment, literacy and workforce skills development. All of these programs are presented to a culturally diverse, multi-generational student population. The College will use the traditional classroom and distance education technologies to provide the following credit and non-credit educational programs. The college offers University Transfer Programs, Workforce Education Programs, Developmental Education Programs, Continuing Education Programs and Adult Education Programs. The college offers Associate of Arts Degree (A.A.), Associate of Science Degree (A.S.), Associate of Applied Science Degree (A.A.S.) and Suggested Academic Transfer Degrees (A.T.).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 3,759 students | 53.70 Mi3800 Charco Rd
Beeville,  TX  78102
- 7,152 students | 64.30 Mi911 Boling Hwy
Wharton,  TX  77488
- 10,439 students | 77.00 Mi101 Baldwin Blvd.
Corpus Christi,  TX  78404
- 399 students | 79.30 Mi1620 S. Padre Island Drive, #600
Corpus Christi,  TX  78416
- 4,155 students | 96.30 Mi500 College Dr
Lake Jackson,  TX  77566