Del Mar College
- Del Mar College is a comprehensive community college with two primary campuses located in Corpus Christi, Texas. Del Mar College is supported by local taxes, appropriations by the Texas Legislature, tuition and fees, and gifts and grants.
- The teacher population of 395 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Del Mar College||(TX) Community College Avg.|
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Total Faculty||395 staff||76 staff|
|Total Enrollment||10,439 students||3,921 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||26:1||35:1|
|# Full-Time Students||2,831 students||1,055 students|
|# Part-Time Students||7,608 students||2,866 students|
|% American Indian/Alaskan|
|% Two or more races|
|% Non Resident races|
|% Unknown races|
|College Completion Rate|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$34,600||$33,800|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- Del Mar College, a comprehensive community college in Corpus Christi, Texas, USA. The college offer more academic, occupational, technical and continuing education programs than any other college or university in the area. Each year, over 24,000 students enroll in one of our 150 different credit and noncredit programs. The college offers Associate in Arts and Associate in Science degrees in over 50 university transfer majors; Associate in Applied Science degrees, Enhanced Skills Certificates, and Certificates of Achievement in more than 80 occupational fields. The College offers special scheduling options including Rapid Track, weekend, videoconferencing, telecourses, short-semester, off-campus, and online courses. 330 students took telecourses in the Fall 2003 semester, and over 1,900 students took courses online. Over 180 students took Rapid Track courses in the first Fall Rapid Track session, and over 640 students took courses on weekends. Del Mar College is accredited by the Commission on Colleges of the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools to award Certificates of Achievement and Associate degrees.
- College Location Mi. Students
- 399 students | 2.60 Mi1620 S. Padre Island Drive, #600
Corpus Christi,  TX  78416
- 3,759 students | 51.30 Mi3800 Charco Rd
Beeville,  TX  78102
- 4,146 students | 77.00 Mi2200 E Red River
Victoria,  TX  77901
- 5,225 students | 108.10 Mi1902 North Loop 499
Harlingen,  TX  78550
- 519 students | 118.10 Mi1500 S. Jackson
Mcallen,  TX  78503
Complaints about the current system of accrediting community colleges, combined with the quickly changing scope of community college education and how it’s delivered, may soon necessitate changes in the way that community college programs are accredited.
Community college enrollment is in decline, but some schools are refusing to roll over. Read on to learn the factors impacting enrollment rates and what some schools are doing to stay afloat.
In a time of change, the LGBTQ community is receiving more support than ever and the world is changing with each passing year. As a young adult member of the LGBTQ community, you have unique opportunities to take advantage of when preparing to enter college if you choose to. Keep reading to learn what you can expect to see during your college search and how best to prepare for your freshman year.