- Del Mar College is a comprehensive community college with two primary campuses located in Corpus Christi, Texas. Del Mar College is supported by local taxes, appropriations by the Texas Legislature, tuition and fees, and gifts and grants.
Del Mar College serves 10,678 students (15% of students are full-time).
The college's student:teacher ratio of 11:1 is lower than the state community college average of 17:1.
Minority enrollment is 76% of the student body (majority Hispanic), which is more than the state average of 70%.
Quick Stats (2023)
- Enrollment: 10,678 students
- In-state tuition: $3,846
- Out-state tuition: $4,808
- Student:teacher ratio: 11:1
- Minority enrollment: 76%
- Source: Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS)
Del Mar College ranks among the top 20% of public schools in Texas for:
Debt For Students
The teacher population of 953 teachers has grown by 141% over five years.
Del Mar College
(TX) Community College Avg.
At least 2 but less than 4 years
At least 2 but less than 4 years
The student population of Del Mar College has declined by 6% over five years.
The student:teacher ratio of 11:1 has decreased from 13:1 over five years.
The Del Mar College diversity score of 0.49 is less than the state average of 0.68. The school's diversity has stayed relatively flat over five years.
Student : Teacher Ratio
# Full-Time Students
# Part-Time Students
# Enrollment Undergraduate
# Full-Time Undergraduate Students
# Full-Time Graduate Students
# Part-Time Undergraduate Students
# Part-Time Graduate Students
Total Dormitory Capacity
% Two or more races
% Non Resident races
% Unknown races
College Completion Rate (Students who graduate in less than 4 years)
College Completion Rate (Students who graduate in 4 years or more than 4 years)
Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
The public in-state tuition of $3,846 is more than the state average of $3,626. The in-state tuition has stayed relatively flat over four years.
The public out-state tuition of $4,808 is less than the state average of $5,997. The out-state tuition has grown by 5% over four years.
In-State Tuition Fees
Out-State Tuition Fees
% Students Receiving Some Financial Aid
Median Debt for Graduates
Median Debt for Dropouts
Source: 2021 (or latest year available) Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS)
- Del Mar College, a comprehensive community college in Corpus Christi, Texas, USA. The college offer more academic, occupational, technical and continuing education programs than any other college or university in the area. Each year, over 24,000 students enroll in one of our 150 different credit and noncredit programs. The college offers Associate in Arts and Associate in Science degrees in over 50 university transfer majors; Associate in Applied Science degrees, Enhanced Skills Certificates, and Certificates of Achievement in more than 80 occupational fields. The College offers special scheduling options including Rapid Track, weekend, videoconferencing, telecourses, short-semester, off-campus, and online courses. 330 students took telecourses in the Fall 2003 semester, and over 1,900 students took courses online. Over 180 students took Rapid Track courses in the first Fall Rapid Track session, and over 640 students took courses on weekends. Del Mar College is accredited by the Commission on Colleges of the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools to award Certificates of Achievement and Associate degrees.
Frequently Asked Questions
How much does Del Mar College cost?
Del Mar College's tuition is approximately $3,846 for In-State students and $4,808 for Out-State students.
What is Del Mar College's ranking?
Del Mar College ranks among the top 20% of community college in Texas for: Least debt for graduating students.
Microcredentials: Tailoring Learning Journeys in Robotics
Micro-credentials offer a unique opportunity for adult learners to tailor their learning journeys to their specific needs and career aspirations. In this article we explore micro-credentials in robotics.
How To Pay For A Community College Education
We look in-depth at how you can pay for a community college education.
April 07, 2023Spring 2023: Top 10 Job Fields
The job market is changing at warp speed. Find out which job fields are the most promising for community college graduates.