Del Mar College
Tel: (361) 698-1255
- Del Mar College is a comprehensive community college with two primary campuses located in Corpus Christi, Texas. Del Mar College is supported by local taxes, appropriations by the Texas Legislature, tuition and fees, and gifts and grants.
The teacher population of 395 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Del Mar College||(TX) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Associate's Colleges: High Vocational & Technical-High Traditional||Associate's Colleges: Mixed Transfer/Vocational & Technical-High Traditional|
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Total Faculty||395 staff||121 staff|
Source: 2019 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- Del Mar College, a comprehensive community college in Corpus Christi, Texas, USA. The college offer more academic, occupational, technical and continuing education programs than any other college or university in the area. Each year, over 24,000 students enroll in one of our 150 different credit and noncredit programs. The college offers Associate in Arts and Associate in Science degrees in over 50 university transfer majors; Associate in Applied Science degrees, Enhanced Skills Certificates, and Certificates of Achievement in more than 80 occupational fields. The College offers special scheduling options including Rapid Track, weekend, videoconferencing, telecourses, short-semester, off-campus, and online courses. 330 students took telecourses in the Fall 2003 semester, and over 1,900 students took courses online. Over 180 students took Rapid Track courses in the first Fall Rapid Track session, and over 640 students took courses on weekends. Del Mar College is accredited by the Commission on Colleges of the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools to award Certificates of Achievement and Associate degrees.
- College Location Mi. Students
- 4,614 students | 51.10 Mi3800 Charco Rd
Beeville, TX 78102
(361) 354-2200 51.104,614
- 3,860 students | 77.30 Mi2200 E Red River
Victoria, TX 77901
(361) 573-3291 77.303,860
- 5,225 students | 105.40 Mi1902 North Loop 499
Harlingen, TX 78550
(956) 364-4000 105.405,225
- 11,943 students | 111.30 MiOne West University Boulevard
Brownsville, TX 78520
(956) 882-8201 111.3011,943
- 31,949 students | 118.70 Mi3201 W Pecan
McAllen, TX 78502
(956) 872-8311 118.7031,949
In spite of the recession, composite technicians are in high demand. Learn about this green career and how you can get the training for the available jobs in just weeks.
Hunting for a job is always nerve-wracking but even more so in the aftermath of a global pandemic. Read on to learn some job-hunting tactics and tips for remote interviewing.
May 18, 2021
The world was ill-prepared to find itself in the midst of a global pandemic and the effects of the past year will linger for many years to come. No industry was unaffected and the pandemic brought to light inequities in many, particularly the U.S. education system. Read on to learn how the pandemic has affected community colleges and what students can expect in the future.