Tunxis Community College
- Tunxis Community College offers its students a quality, yet affordable education in an accessible and supportive environment, fostering the skills necessary to succeed in an increasingly complex world.
- The teacher population of 154 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Tunxis Community College||(CT) Community College Avg.|
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||Four or more years|
|Total Faculty||154 staff||71 staff|
|Total Enrollment||4,193 students||2,814 students|
|# Full-Time Students||1,586 students||971 students|
|# Part-Time Students||2,607 students||1,843 students|
|% Two or more races|
|% Non Resident races|
|% Unknown races|
|College Completion Rate|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$35,100||$35,100|
- Tunxis Community College was chartered by the State of Connecticut in 1969 to serve the Bristol-New Britain and Farmington Valley areas. It first opened for classes in October 1970 with 494 students; today approximately 7,000 full- and part-time students attend the College each semester enrolled in credit and continuing education classes. Yet Tunxis is still small enough to offer students individual attention. Since the first graduation in 1972, more than 8,000 persons have received an associate's degree or a certificate from the College. Choose from over 60 associate's degree and certificate programs ranging from computers and technology to healthcare, human services, business, accounting, criminal justice, television operations, engineering science, manufacturing, liberal arts, graphic design, and much more. With quality education, flexible scheduling, credit and non-credit courses Tunxis offers non-credit and CEU programs, specialized occupational training, and customized employee training. Students have also transferred their credits from Tunxis to bachelor's degree programs at the University of Connecticut, CT State Universities, Trinity College, St. Joseph College, Quinnipiac University, Wesleyan, Yale, Georgetown, Northeastern, and many other universities. Tunxis Community College is licensed and accredited by the Connecticut Board of Governors for Higher Education and accredited by the New England Association of Schools and Colleges, Incorporated.
- The nearest community college to Tunxis Community College is Lincoln College of New England-Southington (5.6 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 715 students | 5.60 Mi2279 Mount Vernon Road
Southington,  CT  06489
(860) 628-4751 5.60715
- 4,075 students | 11.50 Mi950 Main Street
Hartford,  CT  06103
(860) 906-5000 11.504,075
- 2,384 students | 13.30 Mi99 East Main Street
Waterbury,  CT  06702
(860) 486-2000 13.302,384
- 3,440 students | 14.20 MiOne Riverside Drive
East Hartford,  CT  06118
(860) 528-4111 14.203,440
- 7,102 students | 14.70 Mi750 Chase Parkway
Waterbury,  CT  06708
(203) 575-8040 14.707,102