- Tunxis Community College offers its students a quality, yet affordable education in an accessible and supportive environment, fostering the skills necessary to succeed in an increasingly complex world.
- Enrollment: 3,365 students
- In-state tuition: $3,866
- Out-state tuition: $11,558
- Student:teacher ratio: 14:1
- Minority enrollment: 33%
- Source: Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS)
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
- Tunxis Community College was chartered by the State of Connecticut in 1969 to serve the Bristol-New Britain and Farmington Valley areas. It first opened for classes in October 1970 with 494 students; today approximately 7,000 full- and part-time students attend the College each semester enrolled in credit and continuing education classes. Yet Tunxis is still small enough to offer students individual attention. Since the first graduation in 1972, more than 8,000 persons have received an associate's degree or a certificate from the College. Choose from over 60 associate's degree and certificate programs ranging from computers and technology to healthcare, human services, business, accounting, criminal justice, television operations, engineering science, manufacturing, liberal arts, graphic design, and much more. With quality education, flexible scheduling, credit and non-credit courses Tunxis offers non-credit and CEU programs, specialized occupational training, and customized employee training. Students have also transferred their credits from Tunxis to bachelor's degree programs at the University of Connecticut, CT State Universities, Trinity College, St. Joseph College, Quinnipiac University, Wesleyan, Yale, Georgetown, Northeastern, and many other universities. Tunxis Community College is licensed and accredited by the Connecticut Board of Governors for Higher Education and accredited by the New England Association of Schools and Colleges, Incorporated.