Naugatuck Valley Community College
- Naugatuck Valley Community College offers quality, affordable education and training in response to evolving community needs by providing opportunities to individuals and organizations to develop their potential.
- The teacher population of 223 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Naugatuck Valley Community College||(CT) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges||Associate of Arts Colleges|
|Institution Level||Less than 2 yrs||Four or more years|
|Total Faculty||223 staff||71 staff|
|Total Enrollment||7,102 students||2,814 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||32:1||22:1|
|# Full-Time Students||2,370 students||971 students|
|# Part-Time Students||4,732 students||1,843 students|
|% Two or more races|
|% Non Resident races||-|
|% Unknown races|
|College Completion Rate|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$37,800||$35,100|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- Naugatuck Valley Community College is a Public, two-year, Associate Degree granting, co-educational, non-residential college. Established in 1962 and renamed in 1992, NVCC is a "community based" college where students are provided opportunities to learn and explore their interests and abilities. Naugatuck Valley Community College operates in close collaboration with the citizens of the region, the Connecticut Departments of Labor and Economic Development, and other Community Development agencies, as well as Secondary School Districts and Public and Independent Institutions of Higher Education, in order to develop and sustain excellent programs which respond to the economic development needs of the state and the short-term and long-range educational needs of individual citizens. The 110 acre campus is equipped with state-of-the-art classrooms and laboratories for general and specialized use. The Learning Resource Center supports the college's mission and academic curricula through its specialized services and diverse collection of materials and online resources. The Student Center supports student activities and offers a game room, and full-service cafeteria. NVCC is home to one of Connecticut's three observatories. Each year hundreds of citizens come to campus to view the "heavens." Over 1,100 networked computers are available for student use. The campus provides cultural programs for the region in the Fine Arts Center which houses two theatres, music and dance studios, video studios, and rehearsal rooms. Convenient, safe, and ample parking is available in parking garages and outdoor lots close to each section of the campus. The College is accreditated by the New England Association of Schools and Colleges and Connecticut Board of Governors for Higher Education. Several special program accreditations including the American Bar Association, National League of Nursing, and the Technology Accreditation Commission of the Accreditation Board for Engineering and Technology.
- The nearest community college to Naugatuck Valley Community College is University of Connecticut-Tri-Campus (1.6 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 2,384 students | 1.60 Mi99 East Main Street
Waterbury,  CT  06702
- 715 students | 9.60 Mi2279 Mount Vernon Road
Southington,  CT  06489
- 4,193 students | 14.70 Mi271 Scott Swamp Road
Farmington,  CT  06032
- 7,063 students | 19.60 Mi20 Church Street
New Haven,  CT  06510
- 3,005 students | 23.80 Mi100 Training Hill Rd
Middletown,  CT  06457
Complaints about the current system of accrediting community colleges, combined with the quickly changing scope of community college education and how it’s delivered, may soon necessitate changes in the way that community college programs are accredited.
Community college enrollment is in decline, but some schools are refusing to roll over. Read on to learn the factors impacting enrollment rates and what some schools are doing to stay afloat.
In a time of change, the LGBTQ community is receiving more support than ever and the world is changing with each passing year. As a young adult member of the LGBTQ community, you have unique opportunities to take advantage of when preparing to enter college if you choose to. Keep reading to learn what you can expect to see during your college search and how best to prepare for your freshman year.