Capital Community College
The teacher population of 160 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Capital Community College||(CT) Community College Avg.|
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||Four or more years|
|Total Faculty||160 staff||71 staff|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- Located in Hartford only four miles apart, Greater Hartford Community College and Hartford State Technical College were natural partners for the merger of resources and college mission. urrently, the campus at 61 Woodland Street provides general education career and transfer programs, as well as health and continuing education programs, while the campus at 401 Flatbush Avenue is the site for credit and credit-free technical programs. Major training programs located on the Flatbush Campus include Precision Machining, and the Customer Service Institute of Connecticut. The comprehensive college currently enrolls over 6000 students in credit and continuing education programs. Capital offers Associate Degrees, Certificates, and Continuing Education Units, leading to entry-level positions, professional advancement and college transfer in business, industry, engineering technology, computer and information systems, nursing and health science, the natural sciences, the liberal arts, early childhood education, the fine arts, and the social services. All programs, services, and activities of the College are available to people with disabilities. The College supports economic development efforts in Greater Hartford, and collaborates to this end with the Connecticut Department of Economic and Community Development, the Metro Hartford Chamber of Commerce, the Connecticut Capitol Region Growth Council, the Capitol Region Workforce Development Board, and the Hartford Consortium for Higher Education. Mutually beneficial links are maintained with neighborhood business associations and a wide range of cultural, educational, social service and civic organizations whose focus, like Capital's, is the development of individual and community potential. Capital received a ten year accreditation from the New England Association of Schools and Colleges in 1997, an affirmation of the College's current health and stability, and potential for future growth and service.
- College Location Mi. Students
- 3,440 students | 3.50 MiOne Riverside Drive
East Hartford,  CT  06118
(860) 528-4111 3.503,440
- 7,300 students | 7.70 MiGreat Path
Manchester,  CT  06040
(860) 512-3000 7.707,300
- 4,193 students | 11.50 Mi271 Scott Swamp Road
Farmington,  CT  06032
(860) 255-3500 11.504,193
- 715 students | 15.90 Mi2279 Mount Vernon Road
Southington,  CT  06489
(860) 628-4751 15.90715
- 3,005 students | 16.20 Mi100 Training Hill Rd
Middletown,  CT  06457
(860) 343-5701 16.203,005
With serious mental health issues on the rise on college campuses nationwide, community colleges are scrambling to provide expanded mental health services to students.
We examine a new report at USA Today that shows employment rates for community college graduates have skyrocketed - and which of the fields where a community college degree is particularly helpful.
Who says college is just for the 18 - 22 year old crowd? In fact, more community colleges are recruiting students over the age of 50 - and for good reason!