Capital Community College
The teacher population of 160 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Capital Community College||(CT) Community College Avg.|
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Total Faculty||160 staff||154 staff|
Source: 2019 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- Located in Hartford only four miles apart, Greater Hartford Community College and Hartford State Technical College were natural partners for the merger of resources and college mission. urrently, the campus at 61 Woodland Street provides general education career and transfer programs, as well as health and continuing education programs, while the campus at 401 Flatbush Avenue is the site for credit and credit-free technical programs. Major training programs located on the Flatbush Campus include Precision Machining, and the Customer Service Institute of Connecticut. The comprehensive college currently enrolls over 6000 students in credit and continuing education programs. Capital offers Associate Degrees, Certificates, and Continuing Education Units, leading to entry-level positions, professional advancement and college transfer in business, industry, engineering technology, computer and information systems, nursing and health science, the natural sciences, the liberal arts, early childhood education, the fine arts, and the social services. All programs, services, and activities of the College are available to people with disabilities. The College supports economic development efforts in Greater Hartford, and collaborates to this end with the Connecticut Department of Economic and Community Development, the Metro Hartford Chamber of Commerce, the Connecticut Capitol Region Growth Council, the Capitol Region Workforce Development Board, and the Hartford Consortium for Higher Education. Mutually beneficial links are maintained with neighborhood business associations and a wide range of cultural, educational, social service and civic organizations whose focus, like Capital's, is the development of individual and community potential. Capital received a ten year accreditation from the New England Association of Schools and Colleges in 1997, an affirmation of the College's current health and stability, and potential for future growth and service.
- College Location Mi. Students
- 3,397 students | 3.50 MiOne Riverside Drive
East Hartford,  CT  06118
(860) 528-4111 3.503,397
- 6,003 students | 7.70 MiGreat Path
Manchester,  CT  06040
(860) 512-3000 7.706,003
- 3,902 students | 11.50 Mi271 Scott Swamp Road
Farmington,  CT  06032
(860) 773-1300 11.503,902
- 715 students | 15.90 Mi2279 Mount Vernon Road
Southington,  CT  06489
(860) 628-4751 15.90715
- 2,547 students | 16.20 Mi100 Training Hill Rd
Middletown,  CT  06457
(860) 343-5701 16.202,547
Learn about how the community college tuition hikes in the next year may be greater than the rate of inflation.
In light of the huge budget cuts facing California community colleges, class rationing is now on the table as one option to help schools stay in the black. Is it right, fair or even practical? We’ll explore the issue.
Learn about how some convicted criminals abused community colleges' financial aid programs and why Congress has decided to prohibit criminals from being eligible for future aid.