- The mission of Northwestern Connecticut Community College is to inspire learning through accessible, high quality education. Northwestern is devoted to enriching lives by meeting individual and community needs in a supportive environment.
Northwestern Connecticut Community College serves 1,228 students (37% of students are full-time).
The college's student:teacher ratio of 11:1 is lower than the state community college average of 12:1.
Minority enrollment is 20% of the student body (majority Hispanic), which is less than the state average of 47%.
Quick Stats (2023)
- Enrollment: 1,228 students
- In-state tuition: $3,866
- Out-state tuition: $11,558
- Student:teacher ratio: 11:1
- Minority enrollment: 20%
- Source: Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS)
Northwestern Connecticut Community College ranks among the top 20% of public schools in Connecticut for:
Debt For Students
The teacher population of 108 teachers has grown by 86% over five years.
Northwestern Connecticut Community College
(CT) Community College Avg.
At least 2 but less than 4 years
At least 2 but less than 4 years
The student population of Northwestern Connecticut Community College has declined by 5% over five years.
The student:teacher ratio of 11:1 has decreased from 12:1 over five years.
The Northwestern Connecticut Community College diversity score of 0.35 is less than the state average of 0.65. The school's diversity has declined by 6% over five years.
Student : Teacher Ratio
# Full-Time Students
# Part-Time Students
# Enrollment Undergraduate
# Full-Time Undergraduate Students
# Full-Time Graduate Students
# Part-Time Undergraduate Students
# Part-Time Graduate Students
Total Dormitory Capacity
% American Indian/Alaskan
% Two or more races
% Non Resident races
% Unknown races
College Completion Rate (Students who graduate in less than 4 years)
College Completion Rate (Students who graduate in 4 years or more than 4 years)
Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
The public in-state tuition of $3,866 is less than the state average of $5,329. The in-state tuition has declined by 10% over four years.
The public out-state tuition of $11,558 is less than the state average of $15,711. The out-state tuition has declined by 10% over four years.
In-State Tuition Fees
Out-State Tuition Fees
% Students Receiving Some Financial Aid
Median Debt for Graduates
Median Debt for Dropouts
Source: 2021 (or latest year available) Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS)
- Founded in 1965 by Winsted residents, Northwestern is one of the first three community colleges in Connecticut. Northwestern offers degree programs, certificate programs and continuing education. We offer a diverse array of credit and non-credit programs ranging from associate degree and certificate programs, to holistic and enrichment classes, as well as cultural activities for the community. Classes are taught and services provided in beautifully renovated, historic buildings along a New England town green. The Center for Student Development includes the Career Resource Library, CHOICES Career Computer, labor market information from the Connecticut Department of Labor, a computer linked to the Internet, brochures and pamphlets on local social services and drug and alcohol issues, and catalogs of area four-year colleges and universities. Northwestern Connecticut Community college is accredited by the Connecticut Board of Governors for Higher Education and by the New England Association of Schools and Colleges, Inc., a non-governmental, nationally recognized organization whose affiliated institutions include elementary schools through colleges offering post-graduate instruction.
Frequently Asked Questions
How much does Northwestern Connecticut Community College cost?
Northwestern Connecticut Community College's tuition is approximately $3,866 for In-State students and $11,558 for Out-State students.
What schools are Northwestern Connecticut Community College often compared to?
Northwestern Connecticut Community Collegeis often viewed alongside schools like St Vincent's College by visitors of our site.
What is Northwestern Connecticut Community College's ranking?
Northwestern Connecticut Community College ranks among the top 20% of community college in Connecticut for: Least expensive tuition and Least debt for graduating students.
Microcredentials: Tailoring Learning Journeys in Robotics
Micro-credentials offer a unique opportunity for adult learners to tailor their learning journeys to their specific needs and career aspirations. In this article we explore micro-credentials in robotics.
How To Pay For A Community College Education
We look in-depth at how you can pay for a community college education.
April 07, 2023Spring 2023: Top 10 Job Fields
The job market is changing at warp speed. Find out which job fields are the most promising for community college graduates.