Northwestern Connecticut Community College
- The mission of Northwestern Connecticut Community College is to inspire learning through accessible, high quality education. Northwestern is devoted to enriching lives by meeting individual and community needs in a supportive environment.
- The teacher population of 58 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Northwestern Connecticut Community College||(CT) Community College Avg.|
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||Four or more years|
|Total Faculty||58 staff||71 staff|
|Total Enrollment||1,614 students||2,814 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||28:1||22:1|
|# Full-Time Students||423 students||971 students|
|# Part-Time Students||1,191 students||1,843 students|
|% Two or more races|
|% Unknown races|
|College Completion Rate|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$27,600||$35,100|
- Founded in 1965 by Winsted residents, Northwestern is one of the first three community colleges in Connecticut. Northwestern offers degree programs, certificate programs and continuing education. We offer a diverse array of credit and non-credit programs ranging from associate degree and certificate programs, to holistic and enrichment classes, as well as cultural activities for the community. Classes are taught and services provided in beautifully renovated, historic buildings along a New England town green. The Center for Student Development includes the Career Resource Library, CHOICES Career Computer, labor market information from the Connecticut Department of Labor, a computer linked to the Internet, brochures and pamphlets on local social services and drug and alcohol issues, and catalogs of area four-year colleges and universities. Northwestern Connecticut Community college is accredited by the Connecticut Board of Governors for Higher Education and by the New England Association of Schools and Colleges, Inc., a non-governmental, nationally recognized organization whose affiliated institutions include elementary schools through colleges offering post-graduate instruction.
- The nearest community college to Northwestern Connecticut Community College is Tunxis Community College (17.7 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 4,193 students | 17.70 Mi271 Scott Swamp Road
Farmington,  CT  06032
- 715 students | 21.50 Mi2279 Mount Vernon Road
Southington,  CT  06489
- 4,075 students | 22.60 Mi950 Main Street
Hartford,  CT  06103
- 329 students | 25.30 Mi84 Alford Road
Great Barrington,  MA  01230
- 2,384 students | 25.40 Mi99 East Main Street
Waterbury,  CT  06702