The College of Saints John Fisher & Thomas More
- The College of Saint Thomas More is an academic fellowship, faithful to the teaching and intellectual tradition of the Roman Catholic Church, sponsored and supported by its Board of Visitors, whose members represent learning in the Liberal Arts through their teaching and writing; invite into their company appropriately prepared students, both baccalaureate and occasional; who wish to share in this kind of learning; and guide them in attaining the educational objectives of the liberal arts curriculum through mastery and interpretation of the texts and ideas it represents. In addition to the formal learning proposed by its four-year curriculum, the College serves the metropolitan community by offering informal opportunities for learning in the liberal arts.
- The teacher population of 6 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|The College of Saints John Fisher & Thomas More||(TX) Community College Avg.|
|Total Faculty||6 staff||76 staff|
|Total Enrollment||-||3,921 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||0:1||35:1|
|# Full-Time Students||-||1,055 students|
|# Part-Time Students||-||2,866 students|
|% Unknown races|
|Diversity ScoreThe chance that two students selected at random would be members of a different ethnic group. Scored from 0 to 1, a diversity score closer to 1 indicates a more diverse student body.||0.00||0.69|
|% Students Receiving Some Financial Aid||73%||83%|
|Median Debt for Graduates||-||$9,500|
|Median Debt for Dropouts||-||$5,250|
|SAT Total Avg.||1,790||-|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- In the beginning, when the College was founded as the Saint Thomas More Institute in 1981, its teaching and learning activities were carried on in living rooms and hospital corridors. Our campus in the Merida-Bowie-Lubbock Streets block of Fort Worth was acquired beginning in 1985. The College offers a single curriculum in the liberal arts leading to the Bachelor of Arts Degree. Courses in Classical Languages, Philosophy, Theology, Literature, Mathematics and Interdisciplinary. The College of Saint Thomas More is accredited by the Commission on Colleges of the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools to award the Bachelor of Arts degree.
- College Location Mi. Students
- 50,595 students | 3.20 Mi1500 Houston St
Fort Worth,  TX  76102
- 284 students | 4.90 Mi2001 Beach Street, Suite 201
Fort Worth,  TX  76103
- 204 students | 9.50 Mi5237 N Riverside Dr Ste 100
Fort Worth,  TX  76137
- 435 students | 9.60 Mi300 E. Loop 820
Fort Worth,  TX  76112
- 505 students | 14.90 Mi300 Six Flags Drive
Arlington,  TX  76011
November 12, 2017
Community colleges are an excellent stepping stone between high school and a four-year institution, especially for students with learning disabilities. Learn about the support programs available at community colleges that can help students thrive academically, regardless of their disabilities.
November 12, 2017
Consider some of the most popular online options at community colleges today that allow students to earn two-year degrees right from the comfort of home.
October 26, 2017
For those who want to explore a career with growth potential, we introduce several high demand jobs that can be jump-started at community college.