The Art Institute of Atlanta
- The Art Institute of Atlanta is a private college of creative professional studies. We prepare students for careers in design, media arts, and culinary arts by providing an educational environment, with attention to changing technologies and other requirements of the global marketplace.
The Art Institute of Atlanta places among the top 20% of community colleges in Georgia for:
- Category Attribute
- Diversity Diversity in US community colleges
- Student Earnings Highest graduate earnings (10 years post graduation)
- The teacher population of 113 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|The Art Institute of Atlanta||(GA) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||Less than 2 yrs||Four or more years|
|Institution Control||Private, for profit||Public|
|Total Faculty||113 staff||94 staff|
|Total Enrollment||2,623 students||2,588 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||23:1||27:1|
|# Full-Time Students||2,242 students||1,115 students|
|# Part-Time Students||381 students||1,473 students|
|Total Dormitory Capacity||-||461|
|% Non Resident races|
|% Unknown races|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$35,300||$29,600|
- The Art Institute of Atlanta is a college of creative professional studies with a solid tradition of excellence in career-focused education. In 1999, The Art Institute celebrated fifty years of commitment to students and their success in their chosen fields. In that same year, the college moved to a new, five-story, 115,000-square-foot facility. Founded as Massey Business College, with diploma programs in basic business and secretarial skills, the school added liberal arts, fashion, and interior design during the next two decades. After becoming The Art Institute of Atlanta in 1975, the college shifted its focus to a creative applied arts curriculum. Accreditation by the Commission on Colleges of the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools soon followed. The culinary arts program was added in 1991, and The Art Institute has continued to add new programs as business needs have evolved. In honor of its 50-year anniversary in 1999, the college celebrated its legacy as an educational pioneer and dedicated its new campus to students and to the future. The Art Institute of Atlanta is one of The Art Institutes (www.artinstitutes.edu), with 31 education institutions located throughout North America, providing an important source of design, media arts, fashion and culinary professionals. The parent company of The Art Institutes, Education Management Corporation (www.edmc.com) is among the largest providers of private post-secondary education in North America, based on student enrollment and revenue. The Art Institute of Atlanta is housed primarily in a five-story, 115,000-square-foot building in a beautifully landscaped office park about fifteen minutes north of city center. Each of the five floors offers the industry-related technology required for a career-focused, hands-on education. At The Art Institute, you'll find professional equipment and resources along with experienced faculty.
- The nearest community college to The Art Institute of Atlanta is Sanford-Brown College-Atlanta (1.3 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 428 students | 1.30 Mi1140 Hammond Dr Ste A-1150
Atlanta,  GA  30328
- 919 students | 4.40 Mi4370 Peachtree Dunwoody Rd NE
Atlanta,  GA  30319
- 346 students | 4.50 Mi5303 New Peachtree Rd
Atlanta,  GA  30341
- 247 students | 7.70 Mi2359 Windy Hill Road
Marietta,  GA  30067
- 642 students | 7.80 Mi2108 Cobb Parkway
Smyrna,  GA  30080