Taylor Business Institute
- Taylor Business Institute (TBI) is a small family owned college located in the heart of downtown Chicago. It is ideal for students who are seeking a culturally sensitive environment and personalized attention while acquiring an associate degree and workforce skills. It is regionally accredited(HLC), provides flexible schedule, hands-on training, small class size, and diverse environments. Scholarships and tuition relief plans are available for students who qualify.
- The teacher population of 20 teachers has grown by 100% over five years.
|Taylor Business Institute||(IL) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||Less than 2 yrs||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Institution Control||Private, for profit||Public|
|Total Faculty||20 staff||123 staff|
|Total Enrollment||176 students||3,999 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||9:1||35:1|
|# Full-Time Students||176 students||1,386 students|
|% Non Resident races|
|College Completion Rate|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$27,300||$31,800|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
Taylor Business Institute`s mission is to serve the needs of underrepresented students by providing them the following:
- A safe, reassuring place to take college courses in a small, supportive education space,
- Associate of applied science degrees that prepare the college`s graduates with workforce skills,
- A first step associate degree that can become a TBI graduate`s stepping stone into a bachelor`s degree,
- Affordable education. Students who can establish need may be able to attend TBI with full grantsand
- A diverse student body with students attending from over 30 countries.
- The nearest community college to Taylor Business Institute is City Colleges of Chicago-Harold Washington College (0.0 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 9,392 students | 0.00 Mi30 E Lake St
Chicago,  IL  60601
- 216 students | 0.20 Mi29 E. Madison
Chicago,  IL  60602
- 3,205 students | 0.60 Mi401 S State Street
Chicago,  IL  60605
- 555 students | 1.00 Mi816 S Michigan Ave
Chicago,  IL  60605
- 1,086 students | 1.00 Mi361 W Chestnut
Chicago,  IL  60610
We look at why millions of Americans are choosing community college over a traditional four-year school today.
Many students enroll in community college with the intent of transferring to a four-year school. Of those who do, many succeed, and yet traditional colleges and universities continue to overlook them. Read on to learn more about why more community college students don’t transfer schools and to receive some tips for making the transfer yourself.
Community college is the only option for many students who either can’t afford a traditional four-year university or who need a more flexible school environment. Just because community college is different, however, doesn’t mean that its students matter any less. The Aspen Prize exists to encourage community colleges to do more for their students and to continually strive for improvement.