Taylor Business Institute
- Taylor Business Institute (TBI) is a small family owned college located in the heart of downtown Chicago. It is ideal for students who are seeking a culturally sensitive environment and personalized attention while acquiring an associate degree and workforce skills. It is regionally accredited(HLC), provides flexible schedule, hands-on training, small class size, and diverse environments. Scholarships and tuition relief plans are available for students who qualify.
- The teacher population of 20 teachers has grown by 100% over five years.
|Taylor Business Institute||(IL) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||Less than 2 yrs||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Institution Control||Private, for profit||Public|
|Total Faculty||20 staff||123 staff|
|Total Enrollment||176 students||3,999 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||9:1||35:1|
|# Full-Time Students||176 students||1,386 students|
|% Non Resident races|
|College Completion Rate|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$27,300||$31,800|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
Taylor Business Institute`s mission is to serve the needs of underrepresented students by providing them the following:
- A safe, reassuring place to take college courses in a small, supportive education space,
- Associate of applied science degrees that prepare the college`s graduates with workforce skills,
- A first step associate degree that can become a TBI graduate`s stepping stone into a bachelor`s degree,
- Affordable education. Students who can establish need may be able to attend TBI with full grantsand
- A diverse student body with students attending from over 30 countries.
Profile last updated:
- The nearest community college to Taylor Business Institute is City Colleges of Chicago-Harold Washington College (0.0 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 9,392 students | 0.00 Mi30 E Lake St
Chicago,  IL  60601
- 216 students | 0.20 Mi29 E. Madison
Chicago,  IL  60602
- 3,205 students | 0.60 Mi401 S State Street
Chicago,  IL  60605
- 555 students | 1.00 Mi816 S Michigan Ave
Chicago,  IL  60605
- 1,086 students | 1.00 Mi361 W Chestnut
Chicago,  IL  60610
Living with roommates is part of an authentic college experience, but is it an option for community college students? Read on to learn about housing options in community college and to learn how to survive the year with roommates.
Some people seem to graduate high school but never really leave the academic world behind. No matter what career you pursue, there are plenty of opportunities for higher education, but are they worth it. Read on to learn about graduate degrees in nursing and whether they are worth the time, cost, and effort.
The cost of obtaining a college degree is high, especially at private universities. Students can save a great deal by choosing community college, but there are still other costs to consider. Read on to learn what costs to expect in community college and to learn some essential money management tips.