Taylor Business Institute
- Taylor Business Institute (TBI) is a small family owned college located in the heart of downtown Chicago. It is ideal for students who are seeking a culturally sensitive environment and personalized attention while acquiring an associate degree and workforce skills. It is regionally accredited(HLC), provides flexible schedule, hands-on training, small class size, and diverse environments. Scholarships and tuition relief plans are available for students who qualify.
- The teacher population of 20 teachers has grown by 100% over five years.
|Taylor Business Institute||(IL) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||Less than 2 yrs||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Institution Control||Private, for profit||Public|
|Total Faculty||20 staff||123 staff|
|Total Enrollment||229 students||3,999 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||11:1||35:1|
|# Full-Time Students||229 students||1,386 students|
|% Non Resident races|
|% Unknown races|
|College Completion Rate|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$27,300||$31,800|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
Taylor Business Institute`s mission is to serve the needs of underrepresented students by providing them the following:
- A safe, reassuring place to take college courses in a small, supportive education space,
- Associate of applied science degrees that prepare the college`s graduates with workforce skills,
- A first step associate degree that can become a TBI graduate`s stepping stone into a bachelor`s degree,
- Affordable education. Students who can establish need may be able to attend TBI with full grantsand
- A diverse student body with students attending from over 30 countries.
Profile last updated:
- The nearest community college to Taylor Business Institute is City Colleges of Chicago-Harold Washington College (0.0 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 9,392 students | 0.00 Mi30 E Lake St
Chicago,  IL  60601
- 216 students | 0.20 Mi29 E. Madison
Chicago,  IL  60602
- 3,205 students | 0.60 Mi401 S State Street
Chicago,  IL  60605
- 555 students | 1.00 Mi816 S Michigan Ave
Chicago,  IL  60605
- 1,086 students | 1.00 Mi361 W Chestnut
Chicago,  IL  60610
Do you have a right to use profanity on campus? Read about one community college that is fining its students for cussing.
The current state of the United States education system is up in the air as COVID-19 spreads across the nation. Graduating high school seniors may find it necessary to change their plans for the fall of 2020 and many are considering a gap year.
In the wake of the COVID-19 crisis, businesses around the country are facing setbacks - colleges included. Read on to learn more about the impact of the pandemic on higher education in the United States.