San Joaquin Valley College-Bakersfield
Tel: (661) 834-0126
- San Joaquin Valley College (SJVC) prepares graduates for professional success in business, medical, and technical career fields. The College serves a diverse student population with a common interest in professional development through career-focused higher education. The College is committed to student development through the achievement of measurable learning outcomes, emphasizing a balance of hands-on training and academic instruction. The College identifies and responds to the educational and employment needs of the communities it serves. The College is committed to the success of every student. SJVC's Bakersfield campus also has a wide variety of medical programs available. If you're interested in becoming a Medical Assistant or a Lab Technician, SJVC Bakersfield has a program in Clinical and Administrative Medical Assisting. If you'd rather help people improve their smile, SJVC has programs for Dental Assisting. Not only that, but our Bakersfield location also offers classes for Diagnostic Medical Sonography, Pharmacy Technology, Respiratory Therapy, Surgical Technology and Therapeutic Massage. With so many medical programs available, SJVC Bakersfield is great if you're interested in getting involved in the growing medical field.
- The teacher population of 45 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|San Joaquin Valley College-Bakersfield||(CA) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||Less than 2 yrs||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Institution Control||Private, for profit||Public|
|Total Faculty||45 staff||97 staff|
|Total Enrollment||632 students||7,516 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||14:1||44:1|
|# Full-Time Students||632 students||1,613 students|
|% American Indian/Alaskan|
|% Two or more races|
|% Non Resident races|
|% Unknown races|
|College Completion Rate|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$30,900||$34,600|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- The nearest community college to San Joaquin Valley College-Bakersfield is Santa Barbara Business College-Bakersfield (0.5 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 562 students | 0.50 Mi5300 California Avenue
Bakersfield,  CA  93309
(661) 835-1100 0.50562
- 19,428 students | 6.40 Mi1801 Panorama Drive
Bakersfield,  CA  93305
(661) 395-4011 6.4019,428
- 5,217 students | 36.20 Mi29 Cougar Court
Taft,  CA  93268
(661) 763-7700 36.205,217
- 14,578 students | 45.30 Mi3041 West Ave K
Lancaster,  CA  93536
(661) 722-6300 45.3014,578
- 3,853 students | 48.20 Mi100 E College Ave
Porterville,  CA  93257
(559) 791-2200 48.203,853
Learn about mentoring programs at community colleges around the country and the benefits they offer to students.
The millennial generation is assumed to be entitled, lazy, and tech-obsessed. When you graduate from college, you may find yourself working against these stereotypes to land your first job. Keep reading to learn some tips for breaking those millennial stereotypes.
If capturing a moment in time calls to you, then consider developing your photography career starting at your community college. Learn about how community colleges can train and prepare you for a career in photography.