San Joaquin Valley College-Bakersfield
Tel: (661) 834-0126
- San Joaquin Valley College (SJVC) prepares graduates for professional success in business, medical, and technical career fields. The College serves a diverse student population with a common interest in professional development through career-focused higher education. The College is committed to student development through the achievement of measurable learning outcomes, emphasizing a balance of hands-on training and academic instruction. The College identifies and responds to the educational and employment needs of the communities it serves. The College is committed to the success of every student. SJVC's Bakersfield campus also has a wide variety of medical programs available. If you're interested in becoming a Medical Assistant or a Lab Technician, SJVC Bakersfield has a program in Clinical and Administrative Medical Assisting. If you'd rather help people improve their smile, SJVC has programs for Dental Assisting. Not only that, but our Bakersfield location also offers classes for Diagnostic Medical Sonography, Pharmacy Technology, Respiratory Therapy, Surgical Technology and Therapeutic Massage. With so many medical programs available, SJVC Bakersfield is great if you're interested in getting involved in the growing medical field.
The teacher population of 45 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|San Joaquin Valley College-Bakersfield||(CA) Community College Avg.|
|Institution Level||Less than 2 yrs||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Institution Control||Private, for profit||Public|
|Total Faculty||45 staff||149 staff|
Source: 2019 (or latest year available) IPEDS
The nearest community college to San Joaquin Valley College-Bakersfield is Santa Barbara Business College-Bakersfield (0.5 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 272 students | 0.50 Mi5300 California Avenue
Bakersfield, CA 93309
(661) 835-1100 0.50272
- 24,589 students | 6.40 Mi1801 Panorama Dr
Bakersfield, CA 93305
(661) 395-4011 6.4024,589
- 6,155 students | 36.20 Mi29 Cougar Court
Taft, CA 93268
(661) 763-7700 36.206,155
- 14,239 students | 45.30 Mi3041 West Ave K
Lancaster, CA 93536
(661) 722-6300 45.3014,239
- 4,285 students | 48.20 Mi100 E College Ave
Porterville, CA 93257
(559) 791-2200 48.204,285
President Obama has called on community colleges to retrain America, but how well have the campuses answered the call? We looked across the country for a retraining status update - and the answers are surprising.
Hunting for a job is always nerve-wracking but even more so in the aftermath of a global pandemic. Read on to learn some job-hunting tactics and tips for remote interviewing.
May 18, 2021
The world was ill-prepared to find itself in the midst of a global pandemic and the effects of the past year will linger for many years to come. No industry was unaffected and the pandemic brought to light inequities in many, particularly the U.S. education system. Read on to learn how the pandemic has affected community colleges and what students can expect in the future.