San Joaquin Valley College-Bakersfield
Tel: (661) 834-0126
- San Joaquin Valley College (SJVC) prepares graduates for professional success in business, medical, and technical career fields. The College serves a diverse student population with a common interest in professional development through career-focused higher education. The College is committed to student development through the achievement of measurable learning outcomes, emphasizing a balance of hands-on training and academic instruction. The College identifies and responds to the educational and employment needs of the communities it serves. The College is committed to the success of every student. SJVC's Bakersfield campus also has a wide variety of medical programs available. If you're interested in becoming a Medical Assistant or a Lab Technician, SJVC Bakersfield has a program in Clinical and Administrative Medical Assisting. If you'd rather help people improve their smile, SJVC has programs for Dental Assisting. Not only that, but our Bakersfield location also offers classes for Diagnostic Medical Sonography, Pharmacy Technology, Respiratory Therapy, Surgical Technology and Therapeutic Massage. With so many medical programs available, SJVC Bakersfield is great if you're interested in getting involved in the growing medical field.
The teacher population of 45 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|San Joaquin Valley College-Bakersfield||(CA) Community College Avg.|
|Institution Level||Less than 2 yrs||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Institution Control||Private, for profit||Public|
|Total Faculty||45 staff||149 staff|
Source: 2019 (or latest year available) IPEDS
The nearest community college to San Joaquin Valley College-Bakersfield is Santa Barbara Business College-Bakersfield (0.5 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 272 students | 0.50 Mi5300 California Avenue
Bakersfield, CA 93309
(661) 835-1100 0.50272
- 24,589 students | 6.40 Mi1801 Panorama Dr
Bakersfield, CA 93305
(661) 395-4011 6.4024,589
- 6,155 students | 36.20 Mi29 Cougar Court
Taft, CA 93268
(661) 763-7700 36.206,155
- 14,239 students | 45.30 Mi3041 West Ave K
Lancaster, CA 93536
(661) 722-6300 45.3014,239
- 4,285 students | 48.20 Mi100 E College Ave
Porterville, CA 93257
(559) 791-2200 48.204,285
Learn more about how community colleges and federal loans can help you affordably finance your community college education.
Many degree programs require students to take electives but what are the pros and cons of elective courses?
Many community college students are the first in their family to attend college, and this designation comes with its own share of responsibilities and challenges. Learn about the support available specifically for first-generation community college students.