San Joaquin Valley College-Bakersfield
- San Joaquin Valley College (SJVC) prepares graduates for professional success in business, medical, and technical career fields. The College serves a diverse student population with a common interest in professional development through career-focused higher education. The College is committed to student development through the achievement of measurable learning outcomes, emphasizing a balance of hands-on training and academic instruction. The College identifies and responds to the educational and employment needs of the communities it serves. The College is committed to the success of every student. SJVC's Bakersfield campus also has a wide variety of medical programs available. If you're interested in becoming a Medical Assistant or a Lab Technician, SJVC Bakersfield has a program in Clinical and Administrative Medical Assisting. If you'd rather help people improve their smile, SJVC has programs for Dental Assisting. Not only that, but our Bakersfield location also offers classes for Diagnostic Medical Sonography, Pharmacy Technology, Respiratory Therapy, Surgical Technology and Therapeutic Massage. With so many medical programs available, SJVC Bakersfield is great if you're interested in getting involved in the growing medical field.
- The teacher population of 45 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|San Joaquin Valley College-Bakersfield||(CA) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||Less than 2 yrs||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Institution Control||Private, for profit||Public|
|Total Faculty||45 staff||97 staff|
|Total Enrollment||632 students||7,516 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||14:1||44:1|
|# Full-Time Students||632 students||1,613 students|
|% American Indian/Alaskan|
|% Two or more races|
|% Non Resident races|
|% Unknown races|
|College Completion Rate|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$30,900||$34,600|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- The nearest community college to San Joaquin Valley College-Bakersfield is Santa Barbara Business College-Bakersfield (0.5 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 562 students | 0.50 Mi5300 California Avenue
Bakersfield,  CA  93309
- 393 students | 1.70 Mi1914 Wible Road
Bakersfield,  CA  93304
- 3,446 students | 4.30 MiOne College Drive
Blythe,  CA  92225
- 19,428 students | 6.40 Mi1801 Panorama Drive
Bakersfield,  CA  93305
- 5,217 students | 26.40 Mi29 Cougar Court
Taft,  CA  93268
As careers in science, technology, engineering, and math become more prevalent, community colleges are shifting their focus to meet demand and secure their place in a rapidly changing educational landscape.
The cost of obtaining a college degree is high, especially at private universities. Students can save a great deal by choosing community college, but there are still other costs to consider. Read on to learn what costs to expect in community college and to learn some essential money management tips.
You’ve heard the saying that a chain is only as strong as its weakest link. Unfortunately, many community college students find that their academic chain in school is full of weak links. Read on to learn the challenges that keep community college students from achieving success and what schools and students can do to resolve those issues.