Swainsboro Technical College
Tel: (478) 289-2200
- Southeastern Technical College, a unit of the Technical College System of Georgia, provides an innovative, educational environment for student learning through associate degree, diploma, and technical certificate of credit programs; adult and continuing education; and customized training and services focused on building a well-educated, globally competitive workforce for Southeastern Georgia. Southeastern Technical College will be recognized as an educational leader in Southeastern Georgia. The College will deliver quality, student-centered, and accessible postsecondary education and training. The College will empower students for success, cultivating innovative and economically thriving communities and enterprises.
|Swainsboro Technical College||(GA) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Associates--Public Rural-serving Small||Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||At least 2 years but < 4 years||At least 2 years but < 4 years|
|% Students Receiving Some Financial Aid||98%||92%|
|Median Debt for Graduates||-||-|
|Median Debt for Dropouts||-||-|
Source: 2019 (or latest year available) IPEDS
The nearest community college to Swainsboro Technical College is East Georgia State College (0.5 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 2,942 students | 0.50 Mi131 College Cir
Swainsboro, GA 30401
(478) 289-2000 0.502,942
- 1,817 students | 27.10 Mi3001 E First St
Vidalia, GA 30474
(912) 538-3100 27.101,817
- 2,014 students | 34.90 MiOne Joseph E. Kennedy Blvd
Statesboro, GA 30458
(912) 681-5500 34.902,014
- 1,851 students | 35.70 Mi560 Pinehill Rd
Dublin, GA 31021
(478) 275-6589 35.701,851
- 1,428 students | 40.10 Mi1189 Deepstep Rd
Sandersville, GA 31082
(478) 553-2050 40.101,428
Check out the latest rankings by Community College Times that shows the community colleges that were the top degree producers in the country last year.
The current state of the United States education system is up in the air as COVID-19 spreads across the nation. Graduating high school seniors may find it necessary to change their plans for the fall of 2020 and many are considering a gap year.
July 30, 2021
Going to college is a major commitment and a big decision – one that thousands of students postponed during the pandemic. Now that things are slowly returning to normal, what does the world of academia look like and what challenges are educators currently facing?