Swainsboro Technical College
Tel: (478) 289-2200
- Southeastern Technical College, a unit of the Technical College System of Georgia, provides an innovative, educational environment for student learning through associate degree, diploma, and technical certificate of credit programs; adult and continuing education; and customized training and services focused on building a well-educated, globally competitive workforce for Southeastern Georgia. Southeastern Technical College will be recognized as an educational leader in Southeastern Georgia. The College will deliver quality, student-centered, and accessible postsecondary education and training. The College will empower students for success, cultivating innovative and economically thriving communities and enterprises.
|Swainsboro Technical College||(GA) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Associates--Public Rural-serving Small||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||At least 2 years but < 4 years||Four or more years|
|% Students Receiving Some Financial Aid||98%||93%|
|Median Debt for Graduates||-||-|
|Median Debt for Dropouts||-||-|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
The nearest community college to Swainsboro Technical College is East Georgia State College (0.5 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 2,910 students | 0.50 Mi131 College Cir
Swainsboro,  GA  30401
(478) 289-2000 0.502,910
- 1,623 students | 27.10 Mi3001 E First St
Vidalia,  GA  30474
(912) 538-3100 27.101,623
- 2,340 students | 34.90 MiOne Joseph E. Kennedy Blvd
Statesboro,  GA  30458
(912) 681-5500 34.902,340
- 1,851 students | 35.70 Mi560 Pinehill Rd
Dublin,  GA  31021
(478) 275-6589 35.701,851
- 1,659 students | 40.10 Mi1189 Deepstep Rd
Sandersville,  GA  31082
(478) 553-2050 40.101,659
With serious mental health issues on the rise on college campuses nationwide, community colleges are scrambling to provide expanded mental health services to students.
We examine a new report at USA Today that shows employment rates for community college graduates have skyrocketed - and which of the fields where a community college degree is particularly helpful.
Who says college is just for the 18 - 22 year old crowd? In fact, more community colleges are recruiting students over the age of 50 - and for good reason!