Swainsboro Technical College
- Southeastern Technical College, a unit of the Technical College System of Georgia, provides an innovative, educational environment for student learning through associate degree, diploma, and technical certificate of credit programs; adult and continuing education; and customized training and services focused on building a well-educated, globally competitive workforce for Southeastern Georgia. Southeastern Technical College will be recognized as an educational leader in Southeastern Georgia. The College will deliver quality, student-centered, and accessible postsecondary education and training. The College will empower students for success, cultivating innovative and economically thriving communities and enterprises.
|Swainsboro Technical College||(GA) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Associates--Public Rural-serving Small||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||At least 2 years but < 4 years||Four or more years|
|Total Enrollment||699 students||2,588 students|
|% Unknown races|
|% Students Receiving Some Financial Aid||98%||93%|
|Median Debt for Graduates||-||-|
|Median Debt for Dropouts||-||-|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- The nearest community college to Swainsboro Technical College is East Georgia State College (0.5 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 2,910 students | 0.50 Mi131 College Cir
Swainsboro,  GA  30401
- 1,623 students | 27.10 Mi3001 E First St
Vidalia,  GA  30474
- 2,340 students | 34.90 MiOne Joseph E. Kennedy Blvd
Statesboro,  GA  30458
- 1,851 students | 35.70 Mi560 Pinehill Rd
Dublin,  GA  31021
- 1,659 students | 40.10 Mi1189 Deepstep Rd
Sandersville,  GA  31082
Air traffic controllers enjoy secure, interesting work. Earning a degree in ATC at a community college is an excellent first step to securing a job.
The role of community colleges in the world of higher education has expanded over the years and, as the country works to recover from the coronavirus pandemic, they may be more important now than ever. Read on to learn more about the changing role of community colleges.
Colleges across the country are struggling to recover from the massive upheaval to the 2019-20 semester wrought by COVID-19. Housing refunds and slashed budgets are bound to have long-term impacts for the institutions that survive. Some experts suggest community colleges may be the best equipped to ride out the storm and may have the greatest impact in helping America recover.