Southeastern Technical College
- Southeastern Technical College, a unit of the Technical College System of Georgia, provides an innovative, educational environment for student learning through associate degree, diploma, and technical certificate of credit programs; adult and continuing education; and customized training and services focused on building a well-educated, globally competitive workforce for Southeastern Georgia. Southeastern Technical College will be recognized as an educational leader in Southeastern Georgia. The College will deliver quality, student-centered, and accessible postsecondary education and training. The College will empower students for success, cultivating innovative and economically thriving communities and enterprises.
- The teacher population of 86 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Southeastern Technical College||(GA) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||Less than 2 yrs||Four or more years|
|Total Faculty||86 staff||94 staff|
|Total Enrollment||1,623 students||2,588 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||19:1||27:1|
|# Full-Time Students||415 students||1,115 students|
|# Part-Time Students||1,208 students||1,473 students|
|College Completion Rate|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$24,200||$29,600|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- The nearest community college to Southeastern Technical College is Swainsboro Technical College (27.1 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 699 students | 27.10 Mi346 Kite Rd
Swainsboro,  GA  30401
- 2,910 students | 27.30 Mi131 College Cir
Swainsboro,  GA  30401
- 2,340 students | 37.30 MiOne Joseph E. Kennedy Blvd
Statesboro,  GA  30458
- 1,851 students | 39.00 Mi560 Pinehill Rd
Dublin,  GA  31021
- n/a students | 44.50 Mi71 Airport Rd
Eastman,  GA  31023
Thanks to modern technology, students can now attend class from the comfort of their homes. While online courses were once deemed inferior to lecture halls, the stigma has seemed to fade as technology advances and becomes a greater and greater part of a standard academic curriculum.The virtual classroom is here, but are online college courses right for you?
The role of community colleges in the world of higher education has expanded over the years and, as the country works to recover from the coronavirus pandemic, they may be more important now than ever. Read on to learn more about the changing role of community colleges.
Colleges across the country are struggling to recover from the massive upheaval to the 2019-20 semester wrought by COVID-19. Housing refunds and slashed budgets are bound to have long-term impacts for the institutions that survive. Some experts suggest community colleges may be the best equipped to ride out the storm and may have the greatest impact in helping America recover.