Southeastern Technical College
- Southeastern Technical College, a unit of the Technical College System of Georgia, provides an innovative, educational environment for student learning through associate degree, diploma, and technical certificate of credit programs; adult and continuing education; and customized training and services focused on building a well-educated, globally competitive workforce for Southeastern Georgia. Southeastern Technical College will be recognized as an educational leader in Southeastern Georgia. The College will deliver quality, student-centered, and accessible postsecondary education and training. The College will empower students for success, cultivating innovative and economically thriving communities and enterprises.
- The teacher population of 86 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Southeastern Technical College||(GA) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||Less than 2 yrs||Four or more years|
|Total Faculty||86 staff||94 staff|
|Total Enrollment||1,623 students||2,588 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||19:1||27:1|
|# Full-Time Students||415 students||1,115 students|
|# Part-Time Students||1,208 students||1,473 students|
|College Completion Rate|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$24,200||$29,600|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- The nearest community college to Southeastern Technical College is Swainsboro Technical College (27.1 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 699 students | 27.10 Mi346 Kite Rd
Swainsboro,  GA  30401
- 2,910 students | 27.30 Mi131 College Cir
Swainsboro,  GA  30401
- 2,340 students | 34.60 MiOne Joseph E. Kennedy Blvd
Statesboro,  GA  30458
- 1,851 students | 39.00 Mi560 Pinehill Rd
Dublin,  GA  31021
- n/a students | 44.50 Mi71 Airport Rd
Eastman,  GA  31023
Complaints about the current system of accrediting community colleges, combined with the quickly changing scope of community college education and how it’s delivered, may soon necessitate changes in the way that community college programs are accredited.
Community college enrollment is in decline, but some schools are refusing to roll over. Read on to learn the factors impacting enrollment rates and what some schools are doing to stay afloat.
In a time of change, the LGBTQ community is receiving more support than ever and the world is changing with each passing year. As a young adult member of the LGBTQ community, you have unique opportunities to take advantage of when preparing to enter college if you choose to. Keep reading to learn what you can expect to see during your college search and how best to prepare for your freshman year.