Stevens-Henager College (Orem)
- Stevens-Henager College is distinguished as one of the oldest colleges in Utah and in the country. Established 115 years ago, it is the only career college that has trained generations of graduates for Utah jobs. Today, Stevens-Henager is still one of the very few Utah career colleges offering accredited Bachelor's and Occupational Associate's Degrees.
- The teacher population of 13 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Stevens-Henager College (Orem)||(UT) Community College Avg.|
|Institution Level||Four or more years||Four or more years|
|Institution Control||Private, non-profit||Private, non-profit|
|Total Faculty||13 staff||34 staff|
|Total Enrollment||270 students||914 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||21:1||30:1|
|# Full-Time Students||270 students||270 students|
|% American Indian/Alaskan|
|% Unknown races|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$33,600||$32,700|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- Stevens-Henager College was founded in Ogden, Utah, in September 1891 by Professor J.A. Smith as the Intermountain Business College. The school's purpose was to teach commercial subjects and place graduates in business positions. In 1959, the name was changed to Stevens-Henager College. A branch was established in Provo/Orem, Utah, in June 1978. Today Stevens-Henager College is widely recognized for its strict adherence to high educational standards. Its academic programs are designed specifically to meet the changing trends and requirements of the modern business world. Business leaders have come to appreciate Stevens-Henager graduates for their superior training. Stevens-Henager College has five campuses in Utah: Salt Lake City - Downtown, Salt Lake City-Murray, Provo/Orem, Ogden, Logan and one in Boise, Idaho. At Stevens-Henager College (SHC) you can complete your Associate's Degree in 15 months and your Bachelor's Degree in only 30 months. We offer accelerated degree programs in Medical Assisting, Respiratory Therapy, Healthcare Administration, Surgical Technology, Management, Business, Accounting, Computer Networking, Computer Programming, Computer Science, and Graphic Arts. Our unique high-value programs prepare you with multiple skills so you can acquire numerous certifications and/or licenses within your field. Stevens-Henager College is accredited by the Accrediting Commission of Career Schools and Colleges of Technology (ACCSCT).
- The nearest community college to Stevens-Henager College (Orem) is Utah Valley University (0.6 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 31,332 students | 0.60 Mi800 W University Parkway
Orem,  UT  84058
- 1,670 students | 1.20 Mi2301 West Ashton Blvd.
Lehi,  UT  84043
- 372 students | 2.20 Mi1450 W 820 N
Provo,  UT  84601
- 105 students | 3.10 Mi898 N 1200 W
Orem,  UT  84057
- 1,006 students | 19.40 Mi12257 South Business Park Drive-Ste 101
Draper,  UT  84020
Learn about 10 of the best jobs in health care that you can land with just a two-year degree from your local community college.
The cost of obtaining a college degree is high, especially at private universities. Students can save a great deal by choosing community college, but there are still other costs to consider. Read on to learn what costs to expect in community college and to learn some essential money management tips.
You’ve heard the saying that a chain is only as strong as its weakest link. Unfortunately, many community college students find that their academic chain in school is full of weak links. Read on to learn the challenges that keep community college students from achieving success and what schools and students can do to resolve those issues.