Stevens-Henager College (Orem)
- Stevens-Henager College is distinguished as one of the oldest colleges in Utah and in the country. Established 115 years ago, it is the only career college that has trained generations of graduates for Utah jobs. Today, Stevens-Henager is still one of the very few Utah career colleges offering accredited Bachelor's and Occupational Associate's Degrees.
- The teacher population of 13 teachers has declined by 53% over five years.
|Stevens-Henager College (Orem)||(UT) Community College Avg.|
|Institution Level||Four or more years||Four or more years|
|Institution Control||Private, non-profit||Private, non-profit|
|Total Faculty||13 staff||24 staff|
|Total Enrollment||270 students||914 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||21:1||31:1|
|# Full-Time Students||270 students||270 students|
|% American Indian/Alaskan|
|% Unknown races|
|Diversity ScoreThe chance that two students selected at random would be members of a different ethnic group. Scored from 0 to 1, a diversity score closer to 1 indicates a more diverse student body.||0.37||0.37|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$33,600||$32,700|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- Stevens-Henager College was founded in Ogden, Utah, in September 1891 by Professor J.A. Smith as the Intermountain Business College. The school's purpose was to teach commercial subjects and place graduates in business positions. In 1959, the name was changed to Stevens-Henager College. A branch was established in Provo/Orem, Utah, in June 1978. Today Stevens-Henager College is widely recognized for its strict adherence to high educational standards. Its academic programs are designed specifically to meet the changing trends and requirements of the modern business world. Business leaders have come to appreciate Stevens-Henager graduates for their superior training. Stevens-Henager College has five campuses in Utah: Salt Lake City - Downtown, Salt Lake City-Murray, Provo/Orem, Ogden, Logan and one in Boise, Idaho. At Stevens-Henager College (SHC) you can complete your Associate's Degree in 15 months and your Bachelor's Degree in only 30 months. We offer accelerated degree programs in Medical Assisting, Respiratory Therapy, Healthcare Administration, Surgical Technology, Management, Business, Accounting, Computer Networking, Computer Programming, Computer Science, and Graphic Arts. Our unique high-value programs prepare you with multiple skills so you can acquire numerous certifications and/or licenses within your field. Stevens-Henager College is accredited by the Accrediting Commission of Career Schools and Colleges of Technology (ACCSCT).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 31,332 students | 0.60 Mi800 W University Parkway
Orem,  UT  84058
- 1,670 students | 1.20 Mi2301 West Ashton Blvd.
Lehi,  UT  84043
- 372 students | 2.20 Mi1450 W 820 N
Provo,  UT  84601
- 105 students | 3.10 Mi898 N 1200 W
Orem,  UT  84057
- 1,006 students | 19.40 Mi12257 South Business Park Drive-Ste 101
Draper,  UT  84020
December 01, 2017
Learn about trending community college topics this week such as San Francisco's move toward free tuition at community colleges and the rise in hunger and homelessness among community college students across the country.
December 01, 2017
This summer will be wrapping up before we know of it, and your first semester at community college is rapidly approaching. Are you ready for it?
December 01, 2017
To encourage students to pursue higher education, some states are considering plans to offer zero-tuition programs at public community colleges. These programs could make college a reality for many young people, however, critics argue such programs would cost taxpayers a significant amount of money.