- SFCC is an accessible, learning-centered institution, enriching its students and community by providing skills, knowledge and perspectives essential for a changing world.
State Fair Community College serves 3,928 students (50% of students are full-time).
The college's student:teacher ratio of 12:1 is lower than the state community college average of 13:1.
Minority enrollment is 14% of the student body (majority Hispanic and Black), which is less than the state average of 38%.
- Enrollment: 3,928 students
- In-state tuition: $3,288
- Out-state tuition: $4,752
- Student:teacher ratio: 12:1
- Minority enrollment: 14%
- Source: Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS)
The teacher population of 316 teachers has grown by 73% over five years.
State Fair Community College
(MO) Community College Avg.
At least 2 but less than 4 years
At least 2 but less than 4 years
The student population of State Fair Community College has declined by 17% over five years.
The student:teacher ratio of 12:1 has decreased from 14:1 over five years.
The State Fair Community College diversity score of 0.26 is less than the state average of 0.56. The school's diversity has declined by 9% over five years.
Student : Teacher Ratio
# Full-Time Students
# Part-Time Students
# Enrollment Undergraduate
# Full-Time Undergraduate Students
# Full-Time Graduate Students
# Part-Time Undergraduate Students
# Part-Time Graduate Students
Total Dormitory Capacity
% American Indian/Alaskan
% Two or more races
% Unknown races
College Completion Rate (Students who graduate in less than 4 years)
College Completion Rate (Students who graduate in 4 years or more than 4 years)
Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
The public in-state tuition of $3,288 is less than the state average of $4,464. The in-state tuition has declined by 21% over four years.
The public out-state tuition of $4,752 is less than the state average of $6,120. The out-state tuition has declined by 15% over four years.
In-State Tuition Fees
Out-State Tuition Fees
% Students Receiving Some Financial Aid
Median Debt for Graduates
Median Debt for Dropouts
Source: 2021 (or latest year available) Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS) , School Administrators
- From its humble beginnings when a single building served the first 436 students and 18 faculty members, SFCC has grown to encompass 11 buildings, including a student residence hall, all situated on 130 acres. Classes or dual credit courses are offered at the Sedalia campus, eight extended campus sites, and more than 20 other locations to more than 3,000 students. SFCC delivers classes or dual credit courses to 28 locations in 14 counties. Other locations served include Blair Oaks High School, Jefferson City; Boonville Correctional Center; California High School; Camdenton High School; Clinton High School; Cole Camp High School; Cole County R-V, Eugene; Concordia High School; Eldon High School; La Monte High School; Lincoln High School; Morgan County R-I, Stover; New Bloomfield High School; Nichols Career Center, Jefferson City; Northwest High School, Hughesville; Russellville High School; Sacred Heart High School, Sedalia; School of the Osage, Kaiser; Smith-Cotton High School, Sedalia; and Smithton High School. State Fair Community College offers associate of applied science degrees and professional certificates in nearly 30 programs, including the two newest offerings, dental hygiene and radiologic technology. In addition to vocational-technical degrees, SFCC offers an associate of arts degree, allowing for transfer to a baccalaureate program. The college is also the career and technical center for high schools within the district. Lifelong learning programs include adult basic education, literacy classes, customized training for industry, and a growing community education outreach program. SFCC has long held a place in the community as a source for arts entertainment with flourishing art, music and drama departments. SFCC is accredited by the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools.
Frequently Asked Questions
How much does State Fair Community College cost?
State Fair Community College's tuition is approximately $3,288 for In-State students and $4,752 for Out-State students.
What is State Fair Community College's ranking?
State Fair Community College ranks among the top 20% of community college in Missouri for: Least expensive tuition.
Want to Lose Weight? How Your Community College Can Help
If you are looking to shed extra weight, your best source of support may be your community college. Learn about dieting programs, support groups, and even classes to help you get healthy.
How Community Colleges are Inspiring Young Girls to Soar to Success
Learn about how community colleges are introducing programs that inspire young girls to achieve more academically, socially, and emotionally.
July 16, 2023Careers: Sustainable Agriculture
Discover the promising world of sustainable agriculture and explore the diverse careers it offers for those passionate about building a greener future. From eco-friendly farming practices and cutting-edge agri-tech to impactful roles in supply chain management and impact investment, this article sheds light on how professionals in sustainable agriculture are shaping a more sustainable and resilient global food system.