- Herzing University is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission, 230 South LaSalle Street, Suite 7-500, Chicago, Illinois, 60614-1413, www.hlcommission.org, (800) 621-7400
- Herzing University admits students of any race, color, and national or ethnic origin.
Herzing University-Akron serves 502 students (54% of students are full-time).
The college's student:teacher ratio of 15:1 is lower than the state community college average of 17:1.
Minority enrollment is 52% of the student body (majority Black), which is more than the state average of 28%.
Quick Stats (2023)
- Enrollment: 502 students
- Private-state tuition: $14,200
- Acceptance Rate: 92%
- Student:teacher ratio: 15:1
- Minority enrollment: 52%
- Source: Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS)
Herzing University-Akron ranks among the top 20% of public schools in Ohio for:
The teacher population of 34 teachers has grown by 25% over five years.
(OH) Community College Avg.
Not applicable, not in Carnegie universe (not accredited or nondegree-granting)
Four or more years
Four or more years
The student population of Herzing University-Akron has grown by 57% over five years.
The student:teacher ratio of 15:1 has stayed the same over five years.
The Herzing University-Akron diversity score of 0.64 is more than the state average of 0.46. The school's diversity has grown by 68% over five years.
Student : Teacher Ratio
# Full-Time Students
# Part-Time Students
# Enrollment Undergraduate
# Full-Time Undergraduate Students
# Full-Time Graduate Students
# Part-Time Undergraduate Students
# Part-Time Graduate Students
Total Dormitory Capacity
% Two or more races
% Non Resident races
% Unknown races
College Completion Rate (Students who graduate in less than 4 years)
College Completion Rate (Students who graduate in 4 years or more than 4 years)
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
The private state tuition of $14,000 is more than the state average of $13,933. The private state tuition has stayed relatively flat over four years.
Private State Tuition Fees
Tuition based on 200
% Students Receiving Some Financial Aid
Median Debt for Graduates
Median Debt for Dropouts
Source: 2021 (or latest year available) Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS)
- It is the mission of Herzing University to educate, support, and empower all students for success in work, learning and engagement in our communities and global society. Career-oriented degree programs include a complementary and integrated general education curriculum established to stimulate students` intellectual growth, to contribute to their personal development, and to enhance their potential for career advancement.To educate, support, and empower all students for success in work, learning and engagement in our communities and global society.
Frequently Asked Questions
How much does Herzing University-Akron cost?
Herzing University-Akron's private state tuition is approximately $14,200.
What is the acceptance rate of Herzing University-Akron?
The acceptance rate of Herzing University-Akron is 92%, which is higher than the state average of 73%.
What is Herzing University-Akron's ranking?
Herzing University-Akron ranks among the top 20% of community college in Ohio for: Diversity in US community colleges, Average community college minority breakdown and Percent of students receiving financial aid.
Microcredentials: Tailoring Learning Journeys in Robotics
Micro-credentials offer a unique opportunity for adult learners to tailor their learning journeys to their specific needs and career aspirations. In this article we explore micro-credentials in robotics.
How To Pay For A Community College Education
We look in-depth at how you can pay for a community college education.
April 07, 2023Spring 2023: Top 10 Job Fields
The job market is changing at warp speed. Find out which job fields are the most promising for community college graduates.