Asnuntuck Community College
- The mission of Asnuntuck Community College is to offer quality education in an accessible, affordable, and nurturing environment.
- The teacher population of 68 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Asnuntuck Community College||(CT) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Associate of Arts Colleges||Associate of Arts Colleges|
|Institution Level||Less than 2 yrs||Four or more years|
|Total Faculty||68 staff||71 staff|
|Total Enrollment||1,603 students||2,814 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||24:1||22:1|
|# Full-Time Students||690 students||971 students|
|# Part-Time Students||913 students||1,843 students|
|% Two or more races|
|% Unknown races|
|College Completion Rate|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$34,000||$35,100|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||8 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Black Student Union, Business Club, Diversity Club, Gaming Club, Phi Theta Kappa Honor Society, PRIDE Club, Student Government Association
Recreational Athletic Programs:
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- Asnuntuck Community College provides a quality higher education experience in an accessible, nurturing environment that promotes student success. We provide high quality academic and career focused programs, non-credit and special interest offerings, and have built partnerships with business and industry to provide training tailored to meet their particular requirements. The College offers associate degrees and certificate programs for transfer opportunities, career preparation, and enhancement, and lifelong learning. One of the unique qualities of Asnuntuck is the diversity in age and experience of our students. In the same classroom, you will find recent high school graduates, working adults, and retirees. Each student brings different experiences and dimensions to our classrooms and we believe that this is what learnng is all about. The teaching- learning environments at Asnuntuck range from newly upgraded computer labs and high tech classrooms to fine arts studios, and the only community college radio station in Connecticut where we put our students "on the air." All courses are fully accredited by state, regional and national organizations.
Profile last updated:
- The nearest community college to Asnuntuck Community College is Bay Path University (4.0 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 2,587 students | 4.00 Mi588 Longmeadow Street
Longmeadow,  MA  01106
- 6,622 students | 7.60 Mi1 Armory Sq
Springfield,  MA  01105
- 6,604 students | 14.20 Mi303 Homestead Ave
Holyoke,  MA  01040
- 7,300 students | 16.30 MiGreat Path
Manchester,  CT  06040
- 4,075 students | 16.70 Mi950 Main Street
Hartford,  CT  06103
We look at why millions of Americans are choosing community college over a traditional four-year school today.
Many students enroll in community college with the intent of transferring to a four-year school. Of those who do, many succeed, and yet traditional colleges and universities continue to overlook them. Read on to learn more about why more community college students don’t transfer schools and to receive some tips for making the transfer yourself.
Community college is the only option for many students who either can’t afford a traditional four-year university or who need a more flexible school environment. Just because community college is different, however, doesn’t mean that its students matter any less. The Aspen Prize exists to encourage community colleges to do more for their students and to continually strive for improvement.