Spartanburg Community College News
Browse past news stories for Spartanburg Community College in Spartanburg, SC.
- Clemson Extension office in Spartanburg offering class to help you grow vegetables
The class will also teach about pest control and using sunlight to grow plants in the best way. The class will be held at Spartanburg Community College on Jan. 17 from 9 ...
- Hot job market adds stress for Spartanburg employers
For BMW, it's another pipeline of talent to draw from. 'Everybody's getting creative' At Spartanburg Community College, ...
- Spartanburg Community College to take over Union Advanced Technology Center - Spartanburg Herald Journal
Spartanburg Community College-Union County Campus on Furman L. Fendley Highway in Union, Friday, May 27, 2016. The former Union County Advanced Technology Center h ...
- Spartanburg Community College receives grant for military student services - Spartanburg Herald Journal
America's Warrior Partnership, a nonprofit organization, supports community-level agencies serving veterans. SCC was nominated for the grant by Upstate Warrior Solut ...
- College briefs: Spartanburg Community College hosting free lecture series - Spartanburg Herald Journal
Spartanburg Community College is hosting a free lecture series on diverse topics exploring historical, religious, cultural and economic themes. The SCC Lyceum Lecture Serie ...
- Spartanburg Community College offers weekend classes - Spartanburg Herald Journal
A new program at Spartanburg Community College will allow students to obtain an associate's degree by coming to class on Saturdays. The college's Weekend College sta ...
- Spartanburg Community College breaks ground on new facility - The State
GAFFNEY, SC â€” The new $9 million Center for Advance Manufacturing and Industrial Technologies (CAMIT) on the Spartanburg Community College campus will be a s ...
We look at a recent study by the National Center on Education and the Economy that indicates standards are too low at community colleges today. That low bar results in a high failure rate in the job market.
The role of community colleges in the world of higher education has expanded over the years and, as the country works to recover from the coronavirus pandemic, they may be more important now than ever. Read on to learn more about the changing role of community colleges.
Colleges across the country are struggling to recover from the massive upheaval to the 2019-20 semester wrought by COVID-19. Housing refunds and slashed budgets are bound to have long-term impacts for the institutions that survive. Some experts suggest community colleges may be the best equipped to ride out the storm and may have the greatest impact in helping America recover.