Southwestern Illinois College
- Southwestern Illinois College upholds the dignity and worth of all people and believes that learning is a lifelong process which enhances the quality of life. The college provides for individual growth through educational excellence and active partnerships with students and the community.
- The teacher population of 272 teachers has declined by 17% over five years.
|Southwestern Illinois College||(IL) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||Less than 2 yrs||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Total Faculty||272 staff||123 staff|
|Total Enrollment||8,859 students||3,999 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||33:1||35:1|
|# Full-Time Students||3,798 students||1,386 students|
|# Part-Time Students||5,061 students||2,613 students|
|% Two or more races|
|% Unknown races|
|College Completion Rate|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$29,600||$31,800|
|Total Sports Offered||6 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Cheering, Soccer, Softball, VolleyballBaseball, Basketball,|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||3 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
College Activities Board, Miscellaneous Clubs & Organizations, Phi Theta Kappa Honor Society
- Southwestern Illinois College is a comprehensive educational institution committed to providing you the best learning opportunities. We are the starting point for higher education, the bridge to developing career skills and the pathway to personal achievement. SWIC is the sixth largest community college in the state of Illinois. We operate campuses in Belleville, Granite City and Red Bud, plus more than 20 off-campus sites located throughout the district. SWIC began as Belleville Junior College in 1946. The first graduating class, the class of 1948, had 48 graduates. Today, SWIC operates three campuses and more than 20 off-campus sites, and provides educational opportunities to more than 25,000 students each year. At SWIC, our students benefit from the variety of programs from which they can launch a career or transfer to a four-year college or university; smart classrooms equipped with the latest technology; and a wide array of student services and activities that enhance the college experience. SWIC offers more than 150 associate degree and occupational certificate programs. SWIC is accredited through the Higher Learning Commission's (HLC) Academic Quality Improvement Project (AQIP). As an AQIP institution, continuing accreditation is contingent on an ongoing cycle of self-examination, identification of programmatic and institutional needs, and a program of positive action that leads to self-improvement. Extending an uninterrupted streak to 70 years, SWIC has been re-accredited through 2024.
- The nearest community college to Southwestern Illinois College is Saint Louis Community College (16.2 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 21,218 students | 16.20 Mi300 South Broadway
Saint Louis,  MO  63102
- 172 students | 17.00 Mi1521 Washington Avenue
Saint Louis,  MO  63103
- 1,851 students | 19.90 Mi4431 Finney Ave
Saint Louis,  MO  63113
- 305 students | 19.90 Mi909 South Taylor Avenue
Saint Louis,  MO  63110
- 7,438 students | 26.30 Mi3400 Pershall Rd
Saint Louis,  MO  63135