Southwestern Community College
Tel: (641) 782-7081
- Southwestern Community College exists in order that Area XIV community members have the opportunity to gain skills and knowledge sufficient for successful employment, higher education achievement, or adult and continuing education.
The teacher population of 62 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Southwestern Community College||(IA) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Associate's Colleges: Mixed Transfer/Vocational & Technical-High Nontraditional||Associate's Colleges: Mixed Transfer/Vocational & Technical-High Nontraditional|
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Total Faculty||62 staff||95 staff|
Source: 2019 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- Within Arts & Sciences, you can earn the Associate of Arts (A.A.) degree or the Associate of Science (A.S.) degree. The A.A. degree is primarily a general education degree intended for transfer to a four-year institution. The A.S. degree is designed for students preparing to enter the job market, but may also transfer to a four-year institution. The objective of the Vocational/Technical programs is to provide instruction of a preparatory type in the development of basic skills, safety, technical knowledge, and related information for the purpose of preparing persons for employment. Student Support Service program offers academic support, counseling services and cultural enrichment activities to students who are first generation in college, low-income or have a disability. The focus of Educational Talent Search (ETS) is to encourage and assist students to reach their academic and personal goals by helping them stay in school, enroll in a post-secondary school of their choice or help them complete the GED.
The nearest community college to Southwestern Community College is Purdue University Global-Des Moines (50.5 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 760 students | 50.50 Mi4655 North West 121 Street
Urbandale, IA 50323
(515) 727-2100 50.50760
- 23,474 students | 59.40 Mi2006 Ankeny Blvd
Ankeny, IA 50023
(515) 964-6241 59.4023,474
- 5,962 students | 74.90 Mi2700 College Rd
Council Bluffs, IA 51503
(712) 325-3200 74.905,962
- 1,854 students | 79.50 Mi1301 Main St
Trenton, MO 64683
(660) 359-3948 79.501,854
- 68 students | 82.80 Mi3604 Summit Plaza Drive
Bellevue, NE 68123
(402) 972-4250 82.8068
Community colleges are quickly becoming a key competitor against four year universities – and for many good reasons! Learn about why more students are opting to enroll in their local community college, rather than going straight to four year institutions.
Hunting for a job is always nerve-wracking but even more so in the aftermath of a global pandemic. Read on to learn some job-hunting tactics and tips for remote interviewing.
May 18, 2021
The world was ill-prepared to find itself in the midst of a global pandemic and the effects of the past year will linger for many years to come. No industry was unaffected and the pandemic brought to light inequities in many, particularly the U.S. education system. Read on to learn how the pandemic has affected community colleges and what students can expect in the future.