Southwest University of Visual Arts-Tucson
- The Art Center Design College strives to be an exemplary force in higher education by providing a setting that prepares both national and international students interested in pursuing a future in the visual/communication arts to attain Bachelor's and Associate of Arts degrees and to meet the competitive challenges of an evolving global environment.
- The teacher population of 15 teachers has grown by 66% over five years.
|Southwest University of Visual Arts-Tucson||(AZ) Community College Avg.|
|Institution Level||Four or more years||At least 2 yrs but < 4 yrs|
|Institution Control||Private, for profit||Private, non-profit|
|Total Faculty||15 staff||66 staff|
|Total Enrollment||172 students||6,476 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||11:1||39:1|
|# Full-Time Students||127 students||1,336 students|
|# Part-Time Students||45 students||5,140 students|
|# Undergraduate Students||116 students||1,365 students|
|# Graduate Students||11 students||11 students|
|% American Indian/Alaskan|
|% Unknown races|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$30,900||$31,400|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- The Art Center Design College is an educational institution committed to motivating the human mind to explore new ideas and accept the challenges that are an integral part of higher education. The Art Center values research that expands the boundaries of the field, the ability to integrate new concepts with previous knowledge and apply newly obtained information and knowledge to solve problems. Continued development and evolution of the structured curriculum creates a dynamic learning experience where the curricula is current, accurate and reflects the realities of the discipline. The Art Center Design College operates on the belief that access to a quality higher education experience in the discipline of Art and Design is vital in a rapidly changing global environment.The Art Center's main campus located in Tucson, Arizona, a city bordered by mountains. Arizona, is a paradise for activities and recreation. There are the mountains, the museums and the major league baseball. Outdoor enthusiasts can choose to hike, rock-climb or ski in Arizona's alpine country near Flagstaff or in the White Mountains. Water sports in one of many lakes are also popular with Arizonans, as is golf, cycling, horseback riding and hot air ballooning.The Art Center Design College is committed to assisting its graduates in career planning and job placement. The Placement Department actively develops and maintains relationships with employers locally and nationally.An Advisory Board comprised of successful professionals and working professional instructors has been instrumental in the development and continued support of The Art Center Design College's programs. The distinguished Advisory Boards meets periodically to review degree and certificate programs, ensuring the curriculum continues to meet the needs of a competitive changing marketplace.
- College Location Mi. Students
- 1,948 students | 0.40 Mi3350 East Grant Road, Suite 200
Tucson,  AZ  85716
- 611 students | 2.20 Mi4585 E Speedway Blvd.
Tucson,  AZ  85712
- 28,070 students | 3.90 Mi4905C East Broadway Blvd.
Tucson,  AZ  85709
- 507 students | 4.30 Mi5441 E. 22nd St, Ste.125
Tucson,  AZ  85711
- 5,937 students | 64.50 Mi8470 N Overfield Rd
Coolidge,  AZ  85128
June 21, 2018
Learn about programs offered by community colleges that allow students to earn a two-year degree and then go on to earn a bachelor’s degree either online or at a nearby university.
June 21, 2018
Explore a trend seen this year, where enrollment rates are stabilizing or even falling at many community colleges around the country.
June 21, 2018
After transferring to a four-year institution, how do community college students fare? Learn about the reports and studies that shed light on community college student performance at the university level.