Southwest University of Visual Arts-Tucson
- Southwest University of Visual Arts strives to be an exemplary force in higher education by providing a setting that prepares students interested in pursuing a future in the visual/communication arts to attain Bachelor's and Associate of Arts degrees and to meet the competitive challenges of an evolving global environment.
The teacher population of 15 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Southwest University of Visual Arts-Tucson||(AZ) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Associate of Arts Colleges||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||4 or more years||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Institution Control||Private, non-profit||Public|
|Total Faculty||15 staff||99 staff|
Source: 2019 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- Southwest University of Visual Arts, formerly known as The Art Center Design College, is a regionally accredited, nationally recognized university offering eight Bachelor degrees in Graphic Design, Animation, Studio Arts, Interior Design, Landscape Architecture, Advertising & Marketing, Illustration, and Photography as well as three Master of Fine Arts in Studio Arts terminal degrees with concentrations in Painting & Drawing, Photography, and Motion Arts.
The nearest community college to Southwest University of Visual Arts-Tucson is Pima Medical Institute-Tucson (0.4 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 1,851 students | 0.40 Mi3350 East Grant Road, Suite 100
Tucson,  AZ  85716
(520) 326-1600 0.401,851
- 611 students | 2.20 Mi4585 E Speedway Blvd.
Tucson,  AZ  85712
(520) 327-6866 2.20611
- 19,594 students | 3.10 Mi4905C East Broadway Blvd.
Tucson,  AZ  85709
(520) 206-4500 3.1019,594
- 290 students | 4.30 Mi5441 E. 22nd St, Ste.125
Tucson,  AZ  85711
(520) 748-9799 4.30290
- 5,044 students | 64.50 Mi8470 N Overfield Rd
Coolidge,  AZ  85128
(520) 494-5444 64.505,044
For-profit colleges are now becoming an alternative for community college students who are stuck on waiting lists or who hope to earn bachelor's degrees. Learn more about the opportunities and articulation agreements between for-profit colleges and community colleges.
Education now comes with a money-back guarantee. Learn about which community college is guaranteeing that its graduates will secure jobs - or get their money back.
The world was ill-prepared to find itself in the midst of a global pandemic and the effects of the past year will linger for many years to come. No industry was unaffected and the pandemic brought to light inequities in many, particularly the U.S. education system. Read on to learn how the pandemic has affected community colleges and what students can expect in the future.