Southern Arkansas University Tech
SAU Tech's Multimedia program can preage you for a career in film, graphic design and web design and development.
- Southern Arkansas University Tech, a comprehensive two-year college of the Southern Arkansas University system. SAU Tech offers a variety of associate degree and certificate programs designed for students who plan to enter the workforce, transfer to a university, or upgrade their skills in a specific area. Classes are conveniently scheduled and many of the courses are offered via the Internet, allowing even more flexibility in scheduling.
- The teacher population of 41 teachers has declined by 39% over five years.
|Southern Arkansas University Tech||(AR) Community College Avg.|
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Total Faculty||41 staff||62 staff|
|Total Enrollment||1,559 students||1,650 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||38:1||25:1|
|# Full-Time Students||525 students||724 students|
|# Part-Time Students||1,034 students||926 students|
|Total Dormitory Capacity||94||122|
|% American Indian/Alaskan|
|% Two or more races|
|% Non Resident races|
|% Unknown races|
|Diversity ScoreThe chance that two students selected at random would be members of a different ethnic group. Scored from 0 to 1, a diversity score closer to 1 indicates a more diverse student body.||0.48||0.47|
|College Completion Rate|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$31,300||$28,600|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- Southern Arkansas University Tech is a two-year college specializing in technical training and offers the first two years of a university transfer program. In addition to offering traditional classroom courses, SAU Tech offers a number of internet courses. The college has a large enrollment in its high school dual credit program. The college also operates the SAU Tech Career Academy, the Ouachita & Calhoun County Adult Education Centers, the Arkansas Fire Training Academy, and the Arkansas Environmental Academy.Southern Arkansas University Tech, Camden was created on April 5, 1967, as Southwest Technical Institute by Act 534 of the General Assembly of Arkansas. The purpose of the institute was to provide a technically trained workforce for the growing Highland Industrial Park where it was located. Seventy acres of land and six buildings were donated by the Brown Foundation of Houston, Texas which had purchased the Schumacher Naval Ammunition Depot for use as Highland Industrial Park.SAU Tech operates the Arkansas Fire Training Academy providing training to firefighters throughout the state as well as the Arkansas Environmental Academy, which also has a statewide mission of training individuals in the fields of wastewater and solid waste issues. The SAU Tech Career Academy provides a variety of career-technical education programs to high school students in our area and operates in conjunction with our high school concurrent credit programs.SAU Tech provides adult basic education and GED preparation through Ouachita & Calhoun County's Adult Education Center. Our Business and Industry Training Department provides customized training for the area companies.Southern Arkansas University Tech is accredited by The Higher Learning Commission and a member of the North Central Association.
- College Location Mi. Students
- 1,693 students | 27.70 Mi300 S West Ave
El Dorado,  AR  71731
- 1,360 students | 43.90 Mi2500 S Main
Hope,  AR  71801
- 1,444 students | 51.40 MiOne College Circle
Malvern,  AR  72104
- 128 students | 60.80 Mi605 W Boundary
Farmerville,  LA  71241
- 1,432 students | 63.40 Mi1900 Hazel St.
Pine Bluff,  AR  71603
December 01, 2017
December 01, 2017
December 01, 2017