Southern Arkansas University Tech
- Southern Arkansas University Tech, a comprehensive two-year college of the Southern Arkansas University system. SAU Tech offers a variety of associate degree and certificate programs designed for students who plan to enter the workforce, transfer to a university, or upgrade their skills in a specific area. Classes are conveniently scheduled and many of the courses are offered via the Internet, allowing even more flexibility in scheduling.
|Southern Arkansas University Tech||(AR) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Associate's Colleges: High Vocational & Technical-High Nontraditional||Associate's Colleges: Mixed Transfer/Vocational & Technical-High Nontraditional|
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Total Faculty||41 staff||62 staff|
- Southern Arkansas University Tech is a two-year college specializing in technical training and offers the first two years of a university transfer program. In addition to offering traditional classroom courses, SAU Tech offers a number of internet courses. The college has a large enrollment in its high school dual credit program. The college also operates the SAU Tech Career Academy, the Ouachita & Calhoun County Adult Education Centers, the Arkansas Fire Training Academy, and the Arkansas Environmental Academy.Southern Arkansas University Tech, Camden was created on April 5, 1967, as Southwest Technical Institute by Act 534 of the General Assembly of Arkansas. The purpose of the institute was to provide a technically trained workforce for the growing Highland Industrial Park where it was located. Seventy acres of land and six buildings were donated by the Brown Foundation of Houston, Texas which had purchased the Schumacher Naval Ammunition Depot for use as Highland Industrial Park.SAU Tech operates the Arkansas Fire Training Academy providing training to firefighters throughout the state as well as the Arkansas Environmental Academy, which also has a statewide mission of training individuals in the fields of wastewater and solid waste issues. The SAU Tech Career Academy provides a variety of career-technical education programs to high school students in our area and operates in conjunction with our high school concurrent credit programs.SAU Tech provides adult basic education and GED preparation through Ouachita & Calhoun County's Adult Education Center. Our Business and Industry Training Department provides customized training for the area companies.Southern Arkansas University Tech is accredited by The Higher Learning Commission and a member of the North Central Association.
- College Location Mi. Students
- 1,473 students | 29.10 Mi300 S West Ave
El Dorado, AR 71731
(870) 862-8131 29.101,473
- 1,559 students | 50.50 Mi2500 S Main
Hope, AR 71801
(870) 777-5722 50.501,559
- 1,257 students | 51.40 MiOne College Circle
Malvern, AR 72104
(501) 337-5000 51.401,257
- 1,119 students | 56.30 Mi1900 Hazel St.
Pine Bluff, AR 71603
(870) 543-5900 56.301,119
- 2,017 students | 65.10 Mi101 College Dr
Hot Springs, AR 71913
(501) 760-4222 65.102,017