Southeast Arkansas College
- Southeast Arkansas College is a state-supported, locally controlled, technical community college accredited by the Commission on Institutions of Higher Education of the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools.
- The teacher population of 76 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Southeast Arkansas College||(AR) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||Less than 2 yrs||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Total Faculty||76 staff||62 staff|
|Total Enrollment||1,432 students||1,650 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||19:1||25:1|
|# Full-Time Students||744 students||724 students|
|# Part-Time Students||688 students||926 students|
|% American Indian/Alaskan|
|% Non Resident races|
|College Completion Rate|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$28,800||$28,600|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- It is the mission of Southeast Arkansas Colleges Workforce Development Center to compile and translate the needs of employers and students into affordable training programs. This is accomplished by developing and implementing a process that provides continuous improvement in the development, delivery, and affordability of customized training and services to business, industry, and government organizations within the Southeast Arkansas College service area. Southeast Arkansas College is the proud recipient of the 1998 Quality Commitment Award as awarded by Arkansas Quality Award, Inc. This is the second year in a row that the college has been recognized as SEARK received the Quality Interest Award in 1997. The Learning Assistance Laboratory provides a learning atmosphere for Southeast Arkansas College students to become successful achievers in the classroom. Assistance includes academic and computer assisted instruction. Services offered in the lab are free to students enrolled at Southeast Arkansas College.
- The nearest community college to Southeast Arkansas College is Arkansas Baptist College (39.3 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 899 students | 39.30 Mi1621 Dr. Martin Luther King Drive
Little Rock,  AR  72202
- 180 students | 40.50 Mi19 Remington Dr.
Little Rock,  AR  72204
- 9,241 students | 42.50 Mi3000 W Scenic Dr
North Little Rock,  AR  72118
- 1,444 students | 59.20 MiOne College Circle
Malvern,  AR  72104
- 4,140 students | 59.90 Mi1000 Iowa Street
Beebe,  AR  72012
The current state of the United States education system is up in the air as COVID-19 spreads across the nation. Graduating high school seniors may find it necessary to change their plans for the fall of 2020 and many are considering a gap year.
In the wake of the COVID-19 crisis, businesses around the country are facing setbacks - colleges included. Read on to learn more about the impact of the pandemic on higher education in the United States.
Do you have a right to use profanity on campus? Read about one community college that is fining its students for cussing.