South Texas College
- South Texas College is a public institution of higher education meeting the diverse educational and workforce needs of the people of Hidalgo and Starr counties.
- Enrollment: 28,233 students
- In-state tuition: $3,590
- Out-state tuition: $4,464
- Student:teacher ratio: 14:1
- Minority enrollment: 98%
- Source: Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS)
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
- Since its inception in 1993, South Texas College has grown from 1,000 to more than 17,000 students, and from a faculty and staff of 267 to 1489. The college has also grown from one campus to five campuses and centers. STC has campuses in McAllen, Weslaco and Rio Grande City as well as the Dr. Ramiro R. Casso Nursing and Allied Health Center in McAllen, and the Technology Center in south McAllen near the Foreign Trade Zone. South Texas College is a comprehensive college offering the Bachelor of Applied Technology, and associate degrees and certificates in 90 degree and certificate program options. Academic courses are transferable to colleges and universities and the curriculum includes distance learning, weekend courses and a newly added mini-mester. Although located in Hidalgo County, the STC Pecan Campus services students from the entire Rio Grande Valley. The campus offers comprehensive courses for college transfer to four-year institutions as well as vocational, technical and continuing education courses. The campus is currently undergoing numerous construction projects that will add an expanded library wing, new instructional facilities, and a new student services building. STC is accredited by the Commission on Colleges of the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools (SACS) to award the Bachelor of Applied Technology, the Associate of Arts, the Associate of Sciences, and the Associate of Applied Sciences Degrees and Certificates. It is also approved for veteran's educational training in Certificate and Associate of Applied Sciences Degree programs by the Texas Education Agency.
Frequently Asked Questions
How much does South Texas College cost?
South Texas College's tuition is approximately $3,590 for In-State students and $4,464 for Out-State students.