South Texas College
- The teacher population of 698 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|South Texas College||(TX) Community College Avg.|
|Institution Level||Four or more years||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Total Faculty||698 staff||76 staff|
|Total Enrollment||30,180 students||3,921 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||43:1||35:1|
|# Full-Time Students||9,650 students||1,055 students|
|# Part-Time Students||20,530 students||2,866 students|
|% Non Resident races||-|
|% Unknown races|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$33,600||$33,800|
- Since its inception in 1993, South Texas College has grown from 1,000 to more than 17,000 students, and from a faculty and staff of 267 to 1489. The college has also grown from one campus to five campuses and centers. STC has campuses in McAllen, Weslaco and Rio Grande City as well as the Dr. Ramiro R. Casso Nursing and Allied Health Center in McAllen, and the Technology Center in south McAllen near the Foreign Trade Zone. South Texas College is a comprehensive college offering the Bachelor of Applied Technology, and associate degrees and certificates in 90 degree and certificate program options. Academic courses are transferable to colleges and universities and the curriculum includes distance learning, weekend courses and a newly added mini-mester. Although located in Hidalgo County, the STC Pecan Campus services students from the entire Rio Grande Valley. The campus offers comprehensive courses for college transfer to four-year institutions as well as vocational, technical and continuing education courses. The campus is currently undergoing numerous construction projects that will add an expanded library wing, new instructional facilities, and a new student services building. STC is accredited by the Commission on Colleges of the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools (SACS) to award the Bachelor of Applied Technology, the Associate of Arts, the Associate of Sciences, and the Associate of Applied Sciences Degrees and Certificates. It is also approved for veteran's educational training in Certificate and Associate of Applied Sciences Degree programs by the Texas Education Agency.
- The nearest community college to South Texas College is The University of Texas at Brownsville (31.7 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 11,943 students | 31.70 MiOne West University Boulevard
Brownsville,  TX  78520
(956) 882-8201 31.7011,943
- 5,225 students | 36.50 Mi1902 North Loop 499
Harlingen,  TX  78550
(956) 364-4000 36.505,225
- 8,307 students | 118.40 MiWest End Washington St
Laredo,  TX  78040
(956) 721-5109 118.408,307
- 10,439 students | 118.70 Mi101 Baldwin Blvd.
Corpus Christi,  TX  78404
(361) 698-1255 118.7010,439
- 3,759 students | 156.20 Mi3800 Charco Rd
Beeville,  TX  78102
(361) 354-2200 156.203,759