The University of Texas at Brownsville
Tel: (956) 882-8201
- The mission of The University of Texas at Brownsville and Texas Southmost College (UTB/TSC) Partnership is to provide accessible, affordable, postsecondary education of high quality, to conduct research which expands knowledge and to present programs of workforce training and continuing education, public service, and cultural value. The partnership combines the strengths of the community college and those of a university by increasing student access and eliminating inter-institutional barriers while fulfilling the distinctive responsibilities of each type of institution.
The teacher population of 507 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|The University of Texas at Brownsville||(TX) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Masters Colleges and Universities I||Associate's Colleges: Mixed Transfer/Vocational & Technical-High Traditional|
|Institution Level||Four or more years||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Total Faculty||507 staff||121 staff|
Source: 2019 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- The University of Texas at Brownsville and Texas Southmost College Partnership offers Certificates, and Associate, Baccalaureate, and Graduate degrees in liberal arts, the sciences, and professional programs designed to meet student demand as well as regional, national, and international needs. UTB/TSC advances economic and social development, enhances the quality of life, fosters respect for the environment, provides for personal enrichment, and expands knowledge through programs of research, service, continuing education and training. It convenes the cultures of its community, fosters an appreciation of the unique heritage of the Lower Rio Grande Valley and encourages the development and application of bilingual abilities in its students. It provides academic leadership to the intellectual, cultural, social and economic life of the bi-national urban region it serves. The University of Texas at Brownsville has been a member of The University of Texas System since 1991. In cooperation with Texas Southmost College, The University serves more than 12,000 students at its campus located in Brownsville, Texas. In Partnership with Texas Southmost College, The University offers a wide range of courses from Associate and Baccalaureate degrees to graduate classes and continuing education.
The nearest community college to The University of Texas at Brownsville is Texas State Technical College-Harlingen (7.1 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 5,225 students | 7.10 Mi1902 North Loop 499
Harlingen, TX 78550
(956) 364-4000 7.105,225
- 31,949 students | 31.70 Mi3201 W Pecan
McAllen, TX 78502
(956) 872-8311 31.7031,949
- 11,867 students | 111.30 Mi101 Baldwin Blvd.
Corpus Christi, TX 78404
(361) 698-1255 111.3011,867
- 10,181 students | 142.80 MiWest End Washington St
Laredo, TX 78040
(956) 721-5140 142.8010,181
- 4,614 students | 155.90 Mi3800 Charco Rd
Beeville, TX 78102
(361) 354-2200 155.904,614
Check out the latest rankings by Community College Times that shows the community colleges that were the top degree producers in the country last year.
The current state of the United States education system is up in the air as COVID-19 spreads across the nation. Graduating high school seniors may find it necessary to change their plans for the fall of 2020 and many are considering a gap year.
July 30, 2021
Going to college is a major commitment and a big decision – one that thousands of students postponed during the pandemic. Now that things are slowly returning to normal, what does the world of academia look like and what challenges are educators currently facing?