The University of Texas at Brownsville
- The mission of The University of Texas at Brownsville and Texas Southmost College (UTB/TSC) Partnership is to provide accessible, affordable, postsecondary education of high quality, to conduct research which expands knowledge and to present programs of workforce training and continuing education, public service, and cultural value. The partnership combines the strengths of the community college and those of a university by increasing student access and eliminating inter-institutional barriers while fulfilling the distinctive responsibilities of each type of institution.
- The teacher population of 507 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|The University of Texas at Brownsville||(TX) Community College Avg.|
|Institution Level||Four or more years||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Total Faculty||507 staff||76 staff|
|Total Enrollment||11,943 students||3,921 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||24:1||35:1|
|# Full-Time Students||5,838 students||1,055 students|
|# Part-Time Students||6,105 students||2,866 students|
|# Undergraduate Students||5,633 students||1,015 students|
|# Graduate Students||205 students||6 students|
|Total Dormitory Capacity||429||264|
|% Non Resident races|
|Diversity ScoreThe chance that two students selected at random would be members of a different ethnic group. Scored from 0 to 1, a diversity score closer to 1 indicates a more diverse student body.||0.25||0.69|
|College Completion Rate|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- The University of Texas at Brownsville and Texas Southmost College Partnership offers Certificates, and Associate, Baccalaureate, and Graduate degrees in liberal arts, the sciences, and professional programs designed to meet student demand as well as regional, national, and international needs. UTB/TSC advances economic and social development, enhances the quality of life, fosters respect for the environment, provides for personal enrichment, and expands knowledge through programs of research, service, continuing education and training. It convenes the cultures of its community, fosters an appreciation of the unique heritage of the Lower Rio Grande Valley and encourages the development and application of bilingual abilities in its students. It provides academic leadership to the intellectual, cultural, social and economic life of the bi-national urban region it serves. The University of Texas at Brownsville has been a member of The University of Texas System since 1991. In cooperation with Texas Southmost College, The University serves more than 12,000 students at its campus located in Brownsville, Texas. In Partnership with Texas Southmost College, The University offers a wide range of courses from Associate and Baccalaureate degrees to graduate classes and continuing education.
- College Location Mi. Students
- 345 students | 3.40 Mi1900 North Expressway, Suite O
Brownsville,  TX  78521
- 5,225 students | 26.60 Mi1902 North Loop 499
Harlingen,  TX  78550
- 519 students | 49.20 Mi1500 S. Jackson
Mcallen,  TX  78503
- 30,180 students | 52.30 Mi3201 W Pecan
Mcallen,  TX  78502
- 399 students | 127.70 Mi1620 S. Padre Island Drive, #600
Corpus Christi,  TX  78416
September 13, 2017
Learn about the different financial options you have for affording community college.
September 13, 2017
If you are starting community college as an adult, there are certain challenges you can expect to face. Understanding and anticipating those challenges will help you to face them head-on with the greatest chance for success.
September 13, 2017
Do you feel stuck in a career you don't enjoy? Are you considering making a switch? If so, keep reading to learn about community college for changing careers.