- South College is a private, co-educational, non-sectarian academic institution dedicated to identifying and developing quality programs of study that promote the professional, intellectual, and personal growth of students. Accordingly, the institution offers diverse and well-balanced programs that encourage the development of independent learning and thinking at the baccalaureate, associate, and certificate levels.
- The teacher population of 103 teachers has grown by 19% over five years.
|South College||(TN) Community College Avg.|
|Institution Level||Four or more years||Four or more years|
|Institution Control||Private, for profit||Private, non-profit|
|Total Faculty||103 staff||29 staff|
|Total Enrollment||1,241 students||631 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||12:1||30:1|
|# Full-Time Students||1,241 students||369 students|
|# Undergraduate Students||702 students||380 students|
|# Graduate Students||539 students||19 students|
|% Two or more races|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$25,100||$29,500|
- South College has been a part of the fabric of downtown Knoxville since 1882. Throughout its long history, South College has endeavored to provide challenging educational opportunities for students in business, allied health, and legal fields. The college has achieved a high level of success during peer reviews from institutional/programmatic accrediting agencies, federal and state agencies, and independent audits. Students and graduates consistently indicate a high level of satisfaction with their experiences at South College and their achievement of personal and professional goals. Each program of study is designed to require general education courses that broaden students' exposure to diverse perspectives, develop oral and written communication skills, and enhance critical thinking skills. The complementary nature of the general education courses and the major curriculum components of each program enables the development of educated, responsible professionals who have the skills necessary to meet their personal goals and the demands of the employment market. South College offers baccalaureate degree programs including Nursing, Elementary Education, Business Administration, Health Science, and Legal Studies. Current associate degree programs include Radiography, Physical Therapist Assistant, Paralegal Studies, Criminal Justice, Network Administration and Security, Business Administration, Accounting, Medical Assisting, and Office Technology. Medical Transcription, Legal Office Assistant, Professional Medical Coding, and Administrative Assistant are the certificate programs offered. South College is accredited by the Commission on Colleges of the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools to award baccalaureate and associate degrees.
- The nearest community college to South College is Fountainhead College of Technology (7.7 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 123 students | 7.70 Mi10208 Technology Drive
Knoxville,  TN  37932
- 10,099 students | 7.90 Mi10915 Hardin Valley Road
Knoxville,  TN  37933
- 424 students | 33.60 Mi225 Hiwassee College Drive
Madisonville,  TN  37354
- 6,094 students | 33.70 Mi276 Patton Lane
Harriman,  TN  37748
- 5,947 students | 46.20 Mi500 South Davy Crockett Parkway
Morristown,  TN  37813